Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 188347 times)

deftommo

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #930 on: February 02, 2016, 04:50:33 pm »
My wife and I just finished War in the North.

What did you two think of it?

We enjoyed it quite a bit.  It's hard to find a decent couch co-op game, but this one was a pretty good choice, I think. My wife doesn't play nearly as many games as I do, but she was really into it as well and had a ton of fun.

I had heard it was buggy so I looked up some tips to avoid the Mirkwood and other glitches, and we got though with no problems.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #931 on: February 14, 2016, 02:15:31 am »
BurningDoom's 2016 Beaten Games list:
1.Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition (XBox One)
2. The Walking Dead: Season Two (XBox One)

3. Shovel Knight (Wii U)

I beat it once before when I first got it. But it's such a great game, that it's worth another play through. And I had a blast with it again!

It's like Mega Man meets DuckTales, if they were 16-bit. But it still has it's own personality. So much fun, such polished gameplay and controls, charming graphics and storyline, and superb bit-tunes throughout.

kashell

« Reply #932 on: February 16, 2016, 10:26:46 am »
Yesterday, I finished Valkyria Chronicles 3: Extra Edition. It was fantastic. I clocked in over 60 hours of that game and there was still a ton of extra stuff for me to do. I'll have a review up on it later, but the most important thing I took from the game was that it reinvigorated my love for the Valkyria series. After the disappointing Valkyria Chronicles 2, I almost neglected the series completely. VC3 has become my favorite in the series and with the upcoming remake of the original game, I am so glad that my interest is back to where it once was.

I highly recommend checking out the game.

abe

« Reply #933 on: February 16, 2016, 11:38:23 am »
Yesterday, I finished Valkyria Chronicles 3: Extra Edition. It was fantastic. I clocked in over 60 hours of that game and there was still a ton of extra stuff for me to do. I'll have a review up on it later, but the most important thing I took from the game was that it reinvigorated my love for the Valkyria series. After the disappointing Valkyria Chronicles 2, I almost neglected the series completely. VC3 has become my favorite in the series and with the upcoming remake of the original game, I am so glad that my interest is back to where it once was.

VC III is the one on the PSP, right? Did you play it with the fan translation or did you play it in Japanese?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #934 on: February 16, 2016, 12:21:01 pm »

VC III is the one on the PSP, right? Did you play it with the fan translation or did you play it in Japanese?

I played it with the fan translation.

« Reply #935 on: February 18, 2016, 01:07:59 pm »
I've most recently completed Heavy Rain, and I thought it was excellent.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #936 on: February 20, 2016, 11:32:09 am »
JASON!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

kashell

« Reply #937 on: February 20, 2016, 05:20:03 pm »
JASON!

Nahmin Jaydin.

kashell

« Reply #938 on: February 21, 2016, 07:58:21 pm »
I finished Lightning Returns for the first time. I saw what I needed to do for the remaining trophies, so I'm hoping to have the platinum by the end of the week. I'll post impressions later.

Edit and Update:

I'm surprised at how much good, old-fashioned fun I had with Lightning Returns. I think that the series could have been finished after the end of the first XIII, but XIII-2 and LR were fun games in their own right. The story in LR was ridiculous, but at the same time, heartwarming. It was worth dealing with the inane dialogue to reach the conclusion. The best thing about the game was the battle system. Lightning was always a competent fighter, but watching her in LR is just magnificent. No matter how you feel about the XIII saga, I highly recommend checking out the LR demo so you can see what the battle system offers. There is so much customization with the Schemata that it feels like it's its own game. The fact that you can add adornments and change the colors of them, though? Perfection. I always thought Lightning was stylish, but now she's a bona fide fashion model.

I always wondered if people like Lightning more if she were a man. I love seeing strong, no-nonsense women take the lead in video games. Lightning is all of that and more. I'm bummed that we won't be seeing any more of her. Now that FFXV is going to be Square's next big thing, I'm anxious to see how the leading character compares to Lightning.

Some final thoughts:
*It was fun seeing the gang from the first XIII in a new light
*Chocobos are still adorable, but Lightning's is the most adorable (I named him Fluffer)
*I cared more about which sword and shield complemented which outfit instead of which was more useful
*The last trophy I'm going to get before unlocking the platinum requires me to re-find 30 head accessories - I'm not looking forward to that
*Fire and Aero magic are highly recommended in magic Schemata; they are perfect for staggering
*My favorite Schemata was Midnight Mauve but the most useful one was Jungle Hunter
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:19:01 am by kashell »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #939 on: February 22, 2016, 03:25:07 am »
Completed Child of Light and Rise of the Tomb Raider this past week.

telly

« Reply #940 on: February 22, 2016, 06:45:14 pm »
Finished Ace Combat Zero! Now that I've played all of the PS2 games, the big question is... which one was my personal favorite?  ;D
For those interested, here is my little mini breakdown based on the qualities of the game that I thought were meaningful. The * means that it was a very close runner up to the game before it.

Story: Ace Combat 5 / *Ace Combat 04 / Ace Combat Zero
Gameplay: Ace Combat Zero / *Ace Combat 5 / Ace Combat 04
Graphics: Ace Combat 5 / Ace Combat Zero / Ace Combat 04
Music: Ace Combat 5 / *Ace Combat Zero / *Ace Combat 04
Originality: Ace Combat 04 / Ace Combat 5 / Ace Combat Zero
Re-playability: Ace Combat Zero / Ace Combat 5 / Ace Combat 04
Overall Style: Ace Combat 04 / Ace Combat Zero / Ace Combat 5

So there you have it, I think AC5 was my favorite of the three! The other two are still excellent though and definitely worth picking up. :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

deftommo

« Reply #941 on: February 26, 2016, 04:53:29 pm »
Finished Arkham Origins last night. Enjoyed it almost as much as Asylum and a lot more than City.

deftommo

« Reply #942 on: February 28, 2016, 02:06:35 am »
Beat Bioshock 2 as well.

« Reply #943 on: February 29, 2016, 07:31:19 am »
Completed The Witch and the Hundred Knight(ps3) a few days ago. Also the first platinum i've gotten. But that's only cause after getting the bad ending(which is actually the better ending in this games case) i only had a few really easy trophies left. So i said... "eh, why not?".

abe

« Reply #944 on: March 02, 2016, 10:24:16 am »
Finished the Conquest storyline in Fire Emblem Fates. It was a lot of fun, even though I had some minor complaints. I've posted more thoughts in the 52 games thread.

Now the question is what do I play now? I want to start Birthright, but I also don't want to be too into Fire Emblem when I get Twilight Princess HD after it releases this Friday, as well as Pikmin 3 when the reprint releases next Friday. ???
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)