Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 188323 times)

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #1245 on: September 04, 2017, 07:21:13 am »
Finished Yakuza Kiwami, different than what I expected but really good.  Playing Yakuza 0 now.

azure

« Reply #1246 on: September 05, 2017, 06:34:54 pm »
Nights of Azure officially completed, not exactly the most enjoyable 100%. Bleh.

soera

« Reply #1247 on: September 06, 2017, 08:57:08 pm »
Just beat Jotun today. Its like Shadow of the Colossus with a bit more.

kashell

« Reply #1248 on: September 07, 2017, 08:00:02 am »
Nights of Azure officially completed, not exactly the most enjoyable 100%. Bleh.

Oh dang. You did the entire trophy list, too? That 300 sub-quest trophy was the worst thing on that list. Everything else about it was just mediocre at best. The game was not some of Gust's best work.

I doubt I'll get Nights of Azure 2 until a major price drop.

azure

« Reply #1249 on: September 07, 2017, 12:28:40 pm »

Oh dang. You did the entire trophy list, too? That 300 sub-quest trophy was the worst thing on that list. Everything else about it was just mediocre at best. The game was not some of Gust's best work.

I doubt I'll get Nights of Azure 2 until a major price drop.
Aye, that trophy was the definition of tedious. I haven't looked into the upcoming sequel, but whether it is an improvement or not I'll be waiting for a price drop as well I'm sure.

kashell

« Reply #1250 on: September 12, 2017, 07:56:31 am »
60 hours later, Arc Rise Fantasia is complete. Just in time for me to fully enjoy Ys VIII.

« Reply #1251 on: September 12, 2017, 08:50:07 am »
Finished Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

Not sure what to jump into next, but I'm making a trip to Gamestop today, so maybe I'll see something that catches my eye.

kevininja

« Reply #1252 on: September 12, 2017, 05:19:24 pm »
Finished Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell a few days ago.

Eh, it was alright. Some nice fanservice sprinkled throughout but over-all pretty disappointing.
The thing with Volition is that they make games that are a ton of fun to play, but think they can just slap some random theme on a story and think it works.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:22:43 pm by kevininja »

azure

« Reply #1253 on: September 12, 2017, 07:03:41 pm »
Yakuza Kiwami officially 100% completed. I'm torn with some of the additions in this game. Majima is my favorite character so the Majima anywhere system is great fun for me. That being said fighting him constantly really ruins his character that was setup in the original. They even had to add some dumb additional fight to retcon his injury within the story. It also just takes away from the crazy asshole he was in the original that only showed up a couple of times. The fighting styles copied over from zero and having to build up the Dragon of Dojima style separately doesn't sit right either. Would have preferred a more fateful remake of the first title, I'm glad it exists so newer fans can experience the original title if anything. And the obvious gripe of not having "Receive You" as the opening theme, but that is nothing new. Really just a nitpick as SEGA never really had a track record for licensing the opening songs for NA in the first place. On a more positive note the added sub stories where all enjoyable. May sound like I'm bagging on it, but it's a great game. Nothing will beat the original's jazzy soundtrack though, step down Kiwami.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1254 on: September 12, 2017, 09:39:14 pm »
BurningDoom's 2017 Games Beaten List:
1. Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DS)
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
3. Elements of Destruction (DS)
4. Crypt of the Serpent King (XBox One Digital)
5. Rayman: Origins (XBox 360)
6. Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary (XBox One - via Master Chief Collection)
7. Halo 2 Anniversary (XBox One - Via Master Chief Collection)
8. Halo 3 (XBox One - Via Master Chief Collection)
9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
10. Halo 4 (XBox One - Via Master Chief Collection)
11. DuckTales (NES - via Disney Afternoon Collection on XBox One)
12. Shovel Knight - Specter of Torment (Wii U)
13. DuckTales 2 (NES - via Disney Afternoon Collection on XBox One)
14. Contra - Arcade Version (XBox Live Arcade)
15. Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA)
16. Magic Sword Arcade (Xbox Live Arcade)
17. Final Fight Arcade (Xbox Live Arcade)
18. Golden Axe Arcade (Xbox Live Arcade)
19. Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars (Sega Master System)
20. Metal Slug 3 (Xbox Live Arcade)
21. Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA)

22. Dishonored (Xbox 360)

I beat this last weekend. I played it good, stealth only, non-lethal. All this so I could get the good ending. And damn was it hard to do that! But it was very enjoyable. The atmosphere, the characters, the setting, the tech; everything was just so cool in this game. I don't normally do stealth games, but this game was cool enough that it just kept me pressing on.

Now I'm going back and playing the game as a heartless killing machine. And it's soooo much easier this way. And a lot more fun.

« Reply #1255 on: September 18, 2017, 12:32:59 pm »
Finished Quantum Break and beat the Bioshock Infinite Burial at Sea DLC.

Either going to jump into Bourne Conspiracy or Nier next.

Probably Nier because I want to jump into Nier Automata.

azure

« Reply #1256 on: September 21, 2017, 11:09:15 pm »
Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories has been 100% completed. Still prefer the GBA original though.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1257 on: September 22, 2017, 11:18:57 pm »
BurningDoom's 2017 Games Beaten List:
1. Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DS)
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
3. Elements of Destruction (DS)
4. Crypt of the Serpent King (XBox One Digital)
5. Rayman: Origins (XBox 360)
6. Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary (XBox One - via Master Chief Collection)
7. Halo 2 Anniversary (XBox One - Via Master Chief Collection)
8. Halo 3 (XBox One - Via Master Chief Collection)
9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
10. Halo 4 (XBox One - Via Master Chief Collection)
11. DuckTales (NES - via Disney Afternoon Collection on XBox One)
12. Shovel Knight - Specter of Torment (Wii U)
13. DuckTales 2 (NES - via Disney Afternoon Collection on XBox One)
14. Contra - Arcade Version (XBox Live Arcade)
15. Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA)
16. Magic Sword Arcade (Xbox Live Arcade)
17. Final Fight Arcade (Xbox Live Arcade)
18. Golden Axe Arcade (Xbox Live Arcade)
19. Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars (Sega Master System)
20. Metal Slug 3 (Xbox Live Arcade)
21. Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA)
22. Dishonored (Xbox 360)

23. Metroid II: The Return of Samus (Game Boy)

Beat Metroid II: Return of Samus (Game Boy) today. Played half on my GBA-SP, then half on my Retron 5 when I got home.

Found that I still enjoy it much more than the 3DS version. I started to play it as a comparison, and ended up playing this Game Boy version instead. The D-pad just felt so much better.

Still the weakest of the mainstream entries, but a good game nonetheless.

kashell

« Reply #1258 on: September 23, 2017, 01:21:37 pm »
I'm done with Ys VIII. Not because I finished it, but because I've had enough of it. This is probably the worst game I've played that was released this year. I had such high hopes for it and after 22 hours or so of bloated story and limited game play, I'm through.

It's like Falcom wanted Ys to become more like the Legend of Heroes series. Instead of the story moving along at a nice speed and being only 20 hours long, they turned Ys into a long-winded, stuffy, bloated and unfocused game in a fantasy setting. The characters were fine (except for Dana) but I stopped caring about them after the first few hours. Even if you skip story events, the game is just too damn long. I always appreciated how Ys kept the story to a minimum and had more emphasis on exploration. This new direction they've taken starting with Ys 7 is starting to make me wish for more of that.

On that note, Ys 7 was fine. Hell, Memories of Celceta was fine. Both games changed the Ys formula, but they weren't so stuffy as Ys VIII.

Ugh. Such a disappointment. Even when things seemed to be finally moving, the game slams on the breaks and you're stuck in another section with Dana. She is so dull and her areas are so damn boring. Combat was fine, but even then that was limited. The game will throw these monsters at you that are much stronger than more often than not. Fighting them is no fun since they have the ability kill you simply by roaring. Seriously. So that means you have to skedaddle around them. It makes combat and exploration feel too limiting.

I'm going end up selling my Limited Edition stuff. I'll keep the game because I adore this series; I've been a fan of it for over ten years. I really hope Origins doesn't upset me. It looks like it's more akin to Ark and/or Oath, so I have higher hopes for it.

azure

« Reply #1259 on: September 23, 2017, 02:36:25 pm »
*snip*

Ouch, I've only heard good things about VIII since it released. I don't like what I read in your post either, probably wait on a price drop now.