Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 188329 times)

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2013, 06:09:20 pm »
Army of two - co-op

I played that game, it was pretty fun. I never played any of the sequels though.

like wise.
i have the second but not played it yet

« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2013, 06:18:08 pm »
Army of two - co-op

I played that game, it was pretty fun. I never played any of the sequels though.

like wise.

I saw gameplay for it, but it bothered me that there were different voice actors. I think that's kind of weird though, because normally I don't care if it's a different voice actor.

« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2013, 09:34:27 pm »
Army of two - co-op

like wise.

I saw gameplay for it, but it bothered me that there were different voice actors. I think that's kind of weird though, because normally I don't care if it's a different voice actor.

i got the first on xbox and the second on ps3 so its going to be alot different

« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2013, 08:46:17 pm »
finished Dragon's Dogma on the PS3
the game had a few flaws -
no fast travel
redraw rate was not the best
story was a little poor
pawns would not SHUT UP and they were a little dumb
sadly i found a glitch on the final boss and had to restart my system (pawn would not grab the boss which was the only was to get the final blow)

but i really enjoyed this game. the combat system was great
i would advise you to play it.

7/10
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 01:20:52 pm by stethebubble »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2013, 12:26:05 pm »
So, just last night, I just beat/finished/Platinumed the PSN/Digital-only; turn-based RPG...

..."Rainbow Moon".

IMO, it's a 7/10 game. 

You all know the type...the kind that's extremely easy & intuitive to just jump into/pick-up-n-play -but- has lots of strategy that can be exploited for those who wish to do so.

Value for $ spent is great, though - there's SO much content  :o

I just may have enough post-game & post-plat stuff to do to last me until next week when I'm sucked into, body & soul...Disgaea D-2: A Brighter Darkness...I'm *SO* looking forward to getting & playing this game  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2013, 07:02:15 pm »

Very short. Beat it in an hour or two. But also pretty dang fun. Definetly worth the $5 I picked it up for.

I didn't use the Crossbow accessory, though, just the regular Wii Mote and Nunchuk.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2013, 09:24:06 pm »
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance for XBox 360

I played the original XBox version when it first came out. But it's been so long, and I've had the XBox 360 version just sitting in my collection for a while after a friend gave it to me when he was moving.

So I decided to pop it in and play through it.

It gave me a huge glitch. Apparantly it's known to erase unlocked data if your XBox Live becomes disconnected and reconnects again. That's what happened to me. I lost some unlocked costumes as well as the Dr. Strange as a playable character. Which also mean wasted experience points respent on stuff I already spent it on.

Other than that annoyance, though, it was a blast to play through. And I swear there was some added content vs. the original XBox version that I didn't remember playing through. But it's also been so long, that I could've just forgotten. It has a very Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance feel to the gameplay, which I like a lot. Lots of unlockables. And it gives a lot of fan-service to the comic readers.

I tried to get into Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. I have the PS2 version. And I just couldn't. I don't know if having the PS2 is what the problem is, or if all the releases feel as cheap and lazy as the PS2 version does. It just doesn't have the same amount of effort put into it as the first one did. Poor voice-acting. Almost non-existant music. Bad movie-scenes. And they ruined the power-ups and item upgrades. I have no desire to finish it.

spac316

« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2013, 03:24:27 am »
Just beat Pikmin 3! It was a great game and wish it didn't end as soon as it did...oh well, I can always play it again and see if I could beat it in less than 74 game days. Hey, it's my first play through!
Anyway, I still have mission mode and multiplayer to play though and I missed a few files.

blipcs76

« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2013, 09:25:27 am »
Recently finished up Batman: Arkham Asylum.  Pretty amazing game, though the ending was a bit of a letdown.  Can't wait to try out Arkham City!

soera

« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2013, 09:34:09 am »

Very short. Beat it in an hour or two. But also pretty dang fun. Definetly worth the $5 I picked it up for.

I didn't use the Crossbow accessory, though, just the regular Wii Mote and Nunchuk.

I have this one. I hated the controls on the part where you have to guide Link through places. They were so bad. The actual shooting parts were pretty cool though.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2013, 01:21:35 pm »

I have this one. I hated the controls on the part where you have to guide Link through places. They were so bad. The actual shooting parts were pretty cool though.

I didn't have a problem with those parts. But then I wasn't using the actual Crossbow, either. I was just using the WiiMote and Nunchuk like normal.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2013, 10:40:07 pm »

One of the best games this generation, bar-none!

Absolutely fantastic Batman game that manages to beat the first one, even. There's just so much to do, explore, and find. And the way Batman moves around the city with the glide-cape and grappling hook combination is just so satisfying to use. So much comic-related goodies to find and unlock, too. It really pays a lot of fan-service to fans of the Batman comics, including lots of Batman's Rogue's gallery showing up to face off against. Plus you get to play as Catwoman and Robin, as well. And oh man, the graphics and general atmosphere the game protrayed was so Gotham City...so Batman. It was fantastic!

However, the one area where Arkham Asylum was better, was the storyline. Asylum felt more tight, focused, and story-driven; and it really felt like I had just read a great Batman graphic novel, when I was finished. Arkham City still had a great Batman tale to tell, but it wasn't as tight and focused as the story was in the Arkham Asylum, so it just didn't come off as impactful.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:25:58 pm by burningdoom »

foxhack

« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2013, 11:02:15 pm »
I'm trying to complete that game 100%, but those stupid Riddler challenges are a pain in the ass.

Especially since I have to do everything four times over thanks to Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing having their own campaigns.

mark1982

« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2013, 01:35:02 pm »

GTA V, been playing the game for almost a solid month on and off, hit about the 80% completion range. I think I'm done with my time in Los Santos until a story driven DLC comes out. I can't be bothered to collect all the UFO parts or serial killer letters, that's just way too time consuming and too many games in my backlog to play... Overall awesome game, probably my game of the year along with The Last of Us.

GTA Online, think I'll pass, that's dangerous territory for me, I'll just invest too much time in it and forget about my other games I want to play.  :P

l    l 

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2013, 07:24:37 pm »
i just completed space marine on the ps3.

it was pretty fun to play.had a huge spike in difficultly right at the end.