Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 188329 times)

jcalder8

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2013, 10:09:43 pm »
I finished off Escape Goat on the 360 yesterday. It is a bit on the short side but it is great!

pacpix

« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2014, 04:39:34 am »
Just finished up A Link Between Worlds with 99% completion in just over 23 hours.  I can never get all of the streetpass stuff since I live in a small town in Idaho, and the only other thing I am missing is getting 999.99 seconds on the Cucco minigame to get the giant Cucco which even the people working at Nintendo could not accomplish.  It is an awesome game and probably makes my top 3-5 Zelda games.  The only thing I was worried about was that the game would feel to much like A Link to the Past, but that was not an issue and the game was a lot of fun.  The game also holds your hand a lot less and lets you explore and complete dungeons in any order you want.  It was a tad on the easy side, but I highly recommend it if you own a 3DS.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 03:58:44 pm by pacpix »
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2014, 12:19:41 pm »
Just finished up A Link Between Worlds with 99% completion in just over 23 hours.  I can never get all of the streetpass stuff since I live in a small town in Idaho, and the only other thing I am missing is getting 999.99 seconds on the Cucco minigame to get the giant Cucco which even the people working at Nintendo could not accomplish.  It is an awesome game and probably makes my top 3-5 Zelda games.  The only thing I was worried about was that the game would feel to much like A Link Between Worlds, but that was not an issue and the game was a lot of fun.  The game also holds your hand a lot less and lets you explore and complete dungeons in any order you want.  It was a tad on the easy side, but I highly recommend it if you own a 3DS.

Did you mean A Link To The Past?

pacpix

« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2014, 03:59:51 pm »
Just finished up A Link Between Worlds with 99% completion in just over 23 hours.  I can never get all of the streetpass stuff since I live in a small town in Idaho, and the only other thing I am missing is getting 999.99 seconds on the Cucco minigame to get the giant Cucco which even the people working at Nintendo could not accomplish.  It is an awesome game and probably makes my top 3-5 Zelda games.  The only thing I was worried about was that the game would feel to much like A Link Between Worlds, but that was not an issue and the game was a lot of fun.  The game also holds your hand a lot less and lets you explore and complete dungeons in any order you want.  It was a tad on the easy side, but I highly recommend it if you own a 3DS.

Did you mean A Link To The Past?
Yeah maybe I shouldn't type posts at two in the morning. Thanks!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2014, 01:29:59 am »
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)

I just beat New Super Mario Bros. 2. But I'm far from finished with it. I still have to unlock the hidden worlds. But I did defeat Bowser.

Great Mario game. I've heard a lot people say it just feels like more of the same. I don't agree. The coin focus really adds a whole new layer to the gameplay and adds a TON of replayability (as if Mario games already didn't have enough). Great classic 2D gameplay, but it looks gorgeous with the 3DS XL screen and the 3D graphics turned on. It was a ton of fun that I just couldn't put down, and I plan on going back for more.

If you have a 3DS, you MUST own this game.

Now I'm going on to conquer "The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds" for 3DS. So far, it's one of the best Zelda games I've played in years. It's good to be a 3DS owner.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:21:36 am by burningdoom »

pacpix

« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2014, 03:15:05 am »
I am really liking it so far. my only issue is I recently played through New Super Mario Bros U and New Super Luigi U so when I try to make a big jump I shake the 3DS like it is a Wii remote to do a spin jump ha.

desocietas

« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2014, 09:38:08 pm »
"Finished" FEZ the other night (after staying up way too late during my vacation to play), but as Foxhack probably knows, getting the credits means nothing close to actually "finishing" this game.  I really want to complete it as much as I can without a guide, but some of the puzzles are really getting me.   It's oh so satisfying, though, when you figure out some of those puzzles that have been staring you in the face the whole game.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

90snostalga

« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2014, 10:40:32 pm »
Just beat Resident Evil 1 for the ps1 yesterday and began playing GTA 3 on ps2 this morning...  Even after all these years, still an awesome game!   :)

pacpix

« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2014, 03:02:18 am »
I finished Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon today with all the gems and boos.  I liked this one, but I still had a lot more fun with the first game.  The new mission based format takes away one of my favorite parts, exploring the mansion.  Other than that though the game is great and I love the online multiplayer.  Plus it took me 24 hours to collect everything which is nice since I can beat the first game in an afternoon.  I don't know if I am going to go back and get three stars on each mission and catch all of the online ghosts, so I am done playing for now and may come back to it later.

pacpix

« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2014, 04:23:23 am »
Just did a five star completion run on New Super Mario Bros 2.  The only thing I did not do is get a million coins because I am not insane going through all that work for a new title screen.  The focus on coins in the game made the game feel familiar, but fresh.  I can understand how some people are getting tired of NSMB, but I think part of its purpose is to be the same.  The 3D games continue to innovate and change up the formula while NSMB keeps the classic Mario platforming alive in the new generation of video games.    My only complaint with the game was with so many coins extra lives add up quick and makes the game super easy.  I think it would be better to make the coin requirements for an extra life higher to offset all the coins you get.  I have no other problems with the game and highly recommend it!

I should slow down on the amount of games I beat now that Winter break is over  :'(

desocietas

« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2014, 01:15:01 pm »
Finished Attack of the Friday Monsters! last night after about 3 hours or so of gametime.  There's some post-game stuff, but it's still a short game overall.  I wish it were longer, but the game was made well and looked great.  The Guild games are supposed to be experiments, I think, so the short gameplay time isn't too terrible, especially since I got it for $5.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2014, 03:02:08 pm »

I just beat The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds. You guys have probably all read a dozen different reviews on this game recently, so there's really nothing I can add that those reviews haven't already covered except: This is a FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC Zelda adventure that any Zelda fan, especially old-school fans, will fall-in-love with. Get it.

« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2014, 09:40:26 pm »
just completed Darksiders on the ps3.

cool game with a great story

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2014, 09:15:15 am »
^

Moving on to the 2nd one?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2014, 10:17:13 am »
^

Moving on to the 2nd one?

not sure yet. i have the second but i think i want a break from that.
had a game on madden 93 last night. got my ass whooped. also played some Tazmania

think i might play Luigi's mansion next.