Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 188352 times)

argyle

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #375 on: July 07, 2014, 01:57:11 pm »
Man, I really need to play both Minish Cap & LBW, since ALttP is my favorite Zelda by a mile.  Didn't I see MC on the Wii U virtual store? 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

90snostalga

« Reply #376 on: July 07, 2014, 03:31:23 pm »
Is Minish Cap that good?  Those are some big names you're throwing around.

I REALLY liked Minish Cap. It felt like the SNES Zelda sequel we never got. TONS of side-stuff to do, as well, in addition to the main story. Great style to the graphics. And I liked the shrinking gimmick, kind like it's own version of another world (like Dark World in Link to the Past).

You guys are getting me very excited to keep playing the Zelda series but I have to keep patience.  So many games to play and dont have all them yet.

90snostalga

« Reply #377 on: July 07, 2014, 03:32:57 pm »
Went ahead and completed Super Mario Kart with all the cups beat in 1st place at 100cc.  Man, I forgot how hard that Special Cup is and especially Rainbow Road.  I spent at least 30 minutes trying to beat Special Cup.

Just a self update for me so I can remember the games completed this year:

1.  Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2)
2.  Resident Evil 2 (Dreamcast)
3.  Shenmue 2  (Xbox)
4.  Super Mario Bros. (NES)
5.  Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)
6.  Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
7.  Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
8.  Wolfenstein 3D (PC)
9.  Diablo (PC)
10.Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
11.Bully:  Scholarship Edition (360)
12.Pandora's Tower (Wii)
13.The Legend of Zelda:  A Link To The Past (SNES)
14.Super Mario Kart (SNES)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #378 on: July 07, 2014, 03:51:10 pm »
-Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
-Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
-Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
-Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (XBox Live Arcade) (I beat both games: Tower of Doom & Shadow of Mystara)
-The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
-Mega Man Legends (PS1) - Beat Again
-New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
-Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
-WWE 2K14 (XBox 360)
-Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1)
-King's Field II (PS1) (King's Field III outside the U.S.)

-Raiden Fighters
-Raiden Fighters 2
-Raiden Fighters: Jet

Just beat these three games last weekend after getting my copy of Raiden Fighters Aces in the mail for 360. I soooo recommend this collection to other shoot-em up fans. Multiple modes of play for each game. Soooo many different ships/jets to choose from each with their own distinct style and weapons, and lots of opportunity for ridiculously huge scores. Had an absolute blast with these!

And yeah, I used a LOT of continues. I've never claimed to be a game wizard.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 03:53:12 pm by burningdoom »

90snostalga

« Reply #379 on: July 07, 2014, 03:57:24 pm »
-Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
-Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
-Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
-Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (XBox Live Arcade) (I beat both games: Tower of Doom & Shadow of Mystara)
-The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
-Mega Man Legends (PS1) - Beat Again
-New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
-Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
-WWE 2K14 (XBox 360)
-Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1)
-King's Field II (PS1) (King's Field III outside the U.S.)

-Raiden Fighters
-Raiden Fighters 2
-Raiden Fighters: Jet

Just beat these three games last weekend after getting my copy of Raiden Fighters Aces in the mail for 360. I soooo recommend this collection to other shoot-em up fans. Multiple modes of play for each game. Soooo many different ships/jets to choose from each with their own distinct style and weapons, and lots of opportunity for ridiculously huge scores. Had an absolute blast with these!

And yeah, I used a LOT of continues. I've never claimed to be a game wizard.

I have never heard of this Raiden Fighters but that cover is pretty sweet and builds my curiosity.  *Going to look up game play on youtube*

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #380 on: July 09, 2014, 11:06:53 am »
I just finished Shovel Knight. That was a damn fine game. It was 8-bit style and old school fun. It really shows you how much easier a save feature makes games. This would be a pretty tough as an NES game if you couldn't save.

I had a blast with this one. It really leaves you wanting more. Totally worth the $15 I dropped on it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #381 on: July 09, 2014, 12:56:54 pm »
I just finished Shovel Knight. That was a damn fine game. It was 8-bit style and old school fun. It really shows you how much easier a save feature makes games. This would be a pretty tough as an NES game if you couldn't save.

I had a blast with this one. It really leaves you wanting more. Totally worth the $15 I dropped on it.

I've heard the game compared to DuckTales, to Metroid, and to Mega Man.

Which one is it the closest to? I mean Mega Man is pretty dang hard compared to the other two. And Metroid is open-world and exploratory and completely different than Mega Man and Metroid.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #382 on: July 09, 2014, 03:49:39 pm »

Which one is it the closest to? I mean Mega Man is pretty dang hard compared to the other two. And Metroid is open-world and exploratory and completely different than Mega Man and Metroid.

Duck Tales and Megaman for sure. It has a few Zelda II moments sprinkled in. It's a fantastic game. I finished it and this evening I'm going to go back and try to find some of the items I missed. I don't ever 100% games, but I'll make an exception.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #383 on: July 09, 2014, 04:04:11 pm »

Duck Tales and Megaman for sure. It has a few Zelda II moments sprinkled in. It's a fantastic game. I finished it and this evening I'm going to go back and try to find some of the items I missed. I don't ever 100% games, but I'll make an exception.

What about difficulty? Mega Man is pretty hard, while DuckTales isn't.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #384 on: July 09, 2014, 04:33:11 pm »
It's hard to gauge difficulty when you can save after every level. The difficulty is just right.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #385 on: July 09, 2014, 04:35:42 pm »
It's hard to gauge difficulty when you can save after every level. The difficulty is just right.

Good to hear. I just don't want something as frustrating as Mega Man 1.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #386 on: July 09, 2014, 04:37:51 pm »

Mega Man 1 is too hard. I get so pissed at those platform things on Gutsman's stage. Shovel Knight is easier than that.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #387 on: July 09, 2014, 04:41:13 pm »

Mega Man 1 is too hard. I get so pissed at those platform things on Gutsman's stage. Shovel Knight is easier than that.

Yep the platforms on Gutsman's stage, and boss battle against Electric Man. Freaking impossible!

argyle

« Reply #388 on: July 09, 2014, 04:51:41 pm »
Ironically, Mega Man 1 is the only game in the series I've ever beaten. :P Of course, that's when I was a kid and had a ton more patience - I've booted it up off of my MM Collection disk and did laughably bad.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #389 on: July 14, 2014, 12:55:36 am »
Just beat Super Metroid for the first time. 11 hours and 87% complete.

Got trapped into beating the game because I saved in Tourian.

Beat the game and now found a Game Genie code that will let me map select when loading my save so I can get out of Tourian and get the 13% I missed! :)