Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 188329 times)

argyle

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #450 on: August 05, 2014, 12:33:57 pm »
Konami would be smart to make some kind of 2D version of Castlevania again even if it was a downloadable only title.

NNNNNOooooooooo.

Why not? Quick-time event Castlevania sucks.

I imagine it was the download-only part he was objecting to.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #451 on: August 05, 2014, 02:58:21 pm »
-Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS)

What a fantastic game to end a fantastic series. No joke, this may not take the #1 spot for my all-time favorite JRPG, replacing Chrono Trigger on that list. Fan-freaking-tastic story that has lots of connecting plot-threads and big-twist moments with many endearing characters. The game and story really made you feel you like you were on this grand adventure. I LOVED the interaction of the Psynergy puzzles, mixed with the JRPG gameplay, the puzzle elements really reminded me of a 2D Zelda game. And man, dat ending!

Very, VERY satisfied with this series.

I really, REALLY hope they follow this series up with a 3DS sequel. The after-credits scene left it wide-open for one.

If you are a fan of RPGs, you won't be disappointed with this one.

I havent really looked at this series but now I may.

foxhack

« Reply #452 on: August 05, 2014, 03:55:50 pm »
Konami would be smart to make some kind of 2D version of Castlevania again even if it was a downloadable only title.

You mean like Adventure Rebirth, which nobody really noticed?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #453 on: August 05, 2014, 04:50:09 pm »

It's a shame that nobody did. All those Rebirth games were freaking fantastic.

But I think an all original Castlevania game would work better than a remake, which Rebirth was.

« Reply #454 on: August 05, 2014, 07:26:24 pm »

It's a shame that nobody did. All those Rebirth games were freaking fantastic.

But I think an all original Castlevania game would work better than a remake, which Rebirth was.

I actually was just referring to the trend of developers, especially indie ones, releasing 2D games like Shovel Knight and Guacamelee in the downloadable-only format.  I'd much rather have a physical copy of any game but I will take a new 2D Castlevania any way I can get it.

I somehow missed Adventure Rebirth, but I will definitely have to try and get it because it looks awesome.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
When I'm not playing video games, I draw them.  You can see more at:
https://isuckworse.deviantart.com/

pacpix

« Reply #455 on: August 05, 2014, 08:39:26 pm »

NNNNNOooooooooo.

It's hard to display a digital game in his Castlevania shrine!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #456 on: August 05, 2014, 10:05:56 pm »

NNNNNOooooooooo.

It's hard to display a digital game in his Castlevania shrine!

Print out the whole binary code, put it in a box, then stick it in the shrine. :D

« Reply #457 on: August 06, 2014, 10:48:44 am »
Finally finished Assassin's Creed 1. I already finished AC 2, Brotherhood, Revelation and 3 but in the time, I found the 1st one to repetitive and stopped.
Now i can start AC 4 :)

90snostalga

« Reply #458 on: August 06, 2014, 06:04:22 pm »
After playing lollipop chainsaw for roughly 8 hiyrs straight, I beat it. I personally rate it 10/10. Fantastic game but is super duper fun! ;D :D I recommd it to anyone with a 360

Glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed this game so much.  My favorite Suda game, definitely.  :D

Yes certainly the same for me so far. I love the concept, controls, the comic cartoonish theme just all around classic game :D

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #459 on: August 08, 2014, 02:35:34 am »
Just beat Final Fantasy 1 (GBA) for the first time. :)

bobster

« Reply #460 on: August 11, 2014, 01:04:45 pm »
Over the weekend my girlfriend and I beat New Super Mario Bros U with 4 stars (apparently there are a couple secret exits that'll give 5?) and it was a blast for us. I also beat Final Fantasy 3 on the PSP.

FF3 was super generic.... I was really surprised by it. FF2 had some character development and an interesting revenge story. That's why I'm surprised 3 was so basic. Weird!

Dash, did you end up enjoying FF1?
Currently Playing: The Witcher

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #461 on: August 11, 2014, 01:41:48 pm »
Over the weekend my girlfriend and I beat New Super Mario Bros U with 4 stars (apparently there are a couple secret exits that'll give 5?) and it was a blast for us. I also beat Final Fantasy 3 on the PSP.

FF3 was super generic.... I was really surprised by it. FF2 had some character development and an interesting revenge story. That's why I'm surprised 3 was so basic. Weird!

Dash, did you end up enjoying FF1?

It had a few "hey that's cool" moments. I tried to play it in the context of when the nes original was released.

I can see how the size and non-linearity of the game would have blown people away back then.

The airship was fun to fly around. Random encounters every 3 seconds got kind of tedious after a while. Especially after I passed level 60. I beat it at level 89 and went up 29 levels just walking to the end boss.

I liked that you can pick your party members at the beginning and I can see how it might affect the difficulty of certain areas.

The story was quite basic.

For GBA the graphics, sound, and music were fantastic.

Overall I liked it.

I am starting FF2 now and I am a bit excited since you mentioned there is a deeper story. I'll probably skip FF3.

Should I play FF2 on SNES or GBA? I have both.

bobster

« Reply #462 on: August 11, 2014, 01:53:19 pm »
It had a few "hey that's cool" moments. I tried to play it in the context of when the nes original was released.

I can see how the size and non-linearity of the game would have blown people away back then.

The airship was fun to fly around. Random encounters every 3 seconds got kind of tedious after a while. Especially after I passed level 60. I beat it at level 89 and went up 29 levels just walking to the end boss.

I liked that you can pick your party members at the beginning and I can see how it might affect the difficulty of certain areas.

The story was quite basic.

For GBA the graphics, sound, and music were fantastic.

Overall I liked it.

I am starting FF2 now and I am a bit excited since you mentioned there is a deeper story. I'll probably skip FF3.

Glad to see you liked FF1. In the context of when it came out, it was pretty amazing.

I'm not sure I'd recommend skipping 3 honestly. If you're about seeing how the games have progressed, it's interesting. Seeing the job system for the first time in the games was pretty cool. They also did some really interesting stuff to block you off from certain dungeons until you were ready. The PSP version of it is really pretty for what that's worth too.

I played FF2 on the PSP. I know you mentioned before you forgot that you had FF1 on the PSP, so maybe you have the anniversary edition with both 1 & 2?

Also, since you mention SNES, I'm guessing you mean America's "FF2" and not Japan's? If you're doing the American releases in order, you should DEFINITELY not avoid our 3. FF6 is a masterpiece and you need to play it lol.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

abe

« Reply #463 on: August 11, 2014, 02:08:28 pm »

Assuming you mean FFIV, go buy Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection for the PSP. With it you also get Final Fantasy IV Interlude and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, which you may or may not want to play depending on how much you like FFIV. If you don't care, then I'd recommend the GBA version.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

90snostalga

« Reply #464 on: August 13, 2014, 09:47:14 am »
After what seemed  like forever,  I finally finished gta san Andreas. Very long game but well worth it.  8) :)