Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 188347 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #555 on: October 17, 2014, 01:02:38 pm »
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is now COMPLETE 100%. The Yatta! Achievement was a pain and a major accomplishment to finally beat!

That sir, is impressive!

retroone

« Reply #556 on: October 18, 2014, 04:21:16 pm »
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is now COMPLETE 100%. The Yatta! Achievement was a pain and a major accomplishment to finally beat!

That sir, is impressive!
Thanks! http://profiles.exophase.com/bryer39/<---- Proof. I had Raged Against the Machine (hehe) for about an hour before I learned about save states.

bobster

« Reply #557 on: October 19, 2014, 08:02:20 pm »
Just finished Dust an Elysian Tail. Game was pretty good! The only thing I didn't bother to do was get 4 stars in the challenges so I "only" ended up at 116% instead of 117% completion.

It did take me a while to get used to their design choices for all the characters...
Currently Playing: The Witcher

retroone

« Reply #558 on: October 25, 2014, 07:43:16 pm »
I think I am the only one that plays Call of Duty for the story and I recently completed Call of Duty: Ghosts and my heart sank at the end. No joke.

cobraseph

« Reply #559 on: October 25, 2014, 10:39:32 pm »
Well this morning i finally finished the game From Dust. my wife got it for me on psn a long time ago but i never gave it a go. started playing on my spare times since last week. so she is happy i played it and finish it. lolz  was fun watching her screaming every time tsunami or a volcanic eruption was putting my little people in danger. but yeah.. Mission Complete!

« Reply #560 on: October 26, 2014, 03:26:12 am »

It's largely a clone of Link to the Past.  It's a fun game, but ultimately, there's nothing really special about it.  It didn't really stick with me after I was done with it.  Instead of switching between worlds with the mirrors or portals, it's done by sticking against the wall and sliding through cracks.

The game shares similarities with Link to the Past because it's set in the same world and pretty close to the same timeframe.

But there's a TON of differences in there to make it an entirely new game and experience.

I found it generally enjoyable, but not a terribly new experience.  It was made to tickle nostalgia, and it sort of did that, but not really.  Instead, it just felt kind of like a derivative of Link to the Past. 

« Reply #561 on: October 26, 2014, 03:28:39 am »
I finished The Keep on the 3DS.  If you love old school, western-styled dungeon crawlers--like, say, Legend of Grimrock--and want more of that, and portable, then you should get The Keep.  The game is far too rare a gem on the 3DS, but is a fantastic experience, even if it doesn't do a lot too terribly new.  The only issue I had was the somewhat awkward learning curve for physical attacking, but after I realized I wasn't just supposed to swipe the touch-screen like a madman, it fell into place and was very enjoyable. 

« Reply #562 on: October 26, 2014, 02:45:00 pm »
Finally finished Final Fantasy XIII! I'd made two previous attempts and always got kinda sick of it, but started a new game and blasted through it in a few days. It's a pretty wildly inconsistent game, with a lot of positives, a lot of negatives, but the overall experience was a bit better than I'd previously given it credit for.

davifus

« Reply #563 on: October 26, 2014, 02:59:58 pm »
Finally finished Final Fantasy XIII! I'd made two previous attempts and always got kinda sick of it, but started a new game and blasted through it in a few days. It's a pretty wildly inconsistent game, with a lot of positives, a lot of negatives, but the overall experience was a bit better than I'd previously given it credit for.

Im still around 80% around the game and haven't play it since 2012. Its so hard to go back  and get fluidity back when im so far in the game. I considered so many times to start over.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #564 on: October 26, 2014, 04:44:28 pm »
Yeah, I had to start a whole new game. I'd left off previously in the final dungeon, but - probably owing to some bad decisions made along the way - had been struggling a bit. This time around, I had much more of a system in place as far as each characters equipment, my preferred party, etc. Had Lightning set w/ the Enkindler and Boost Synthesis, Fang w/ the Venus Gospel and Gestalt Synthesis, and Vanille spamming Saboteur goodness like crazy. Had to switch to Hope in the final area, though. Saboteur suddenly takes a nosedive in effectiveness and Synergist becomes almost mandatory, and I couldn't bring myself to use Sazh because he sucks as both a Ravager and Commando :p

abe

« Reply #565 on: October 26, 2014, 05:14:02 pm »
Got my very first platinum today! ;D I finished getting all the trophies for Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f (PS Vita). It's a pretty satisfying feeling. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #566 on: October 26, 2014, 05:14:28 pm »
But I love my good brotha sazh. I dont think I'll be able to ditch him.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #567 on: October 26, 2014, 10:58:57 pm »
Finished story mode for Bayonetta 2. Extremely fun and well worth it, but compared to the first one the ending just wasn't as batshit insane.

« Reply #568 on: October 27, 2014, 01:49:56 am »
Finished story mode for Bayonetta 2. Extremely fun and well worth it, but compared to the first one the ending just wasn't as batshit insane.

I'm working my way through the first right now and am in love! Goddamn though, does it get hard later on. I've on like chapter 7 and for the past 3 chapters I've died around 3-times each getting through them.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #569 on: October 27, 2014, 03:26:17 am »

That sir, is impressive!

Indeed!