Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 188339 times)

bobster

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #600 on: December 01, 2014, 02:56:16 pm »
I finished up Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag last night. I overall enjoyed the game. I'll probably hold off on the new ones for a long while. The series just doesn't grab me like it used to.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #601 on: December 01, 2014, 03:46:50 pm »
1. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
2. Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
3. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
4. Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (XBox Live Arcade) (I beat both games: Tower of Doom & Shadow of Mystara)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
6. Mega Man Legends (PS1) - Beat Again
7. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
8. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
9. WWE 2K14 (XBox 360)
10. Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1)
11. King's Field II (PS1) (King's Field III outside the U.S.)
12. Raiden Fighters (XBox 360)
13. Raiden Fighters 2 (XBox 360)
14. Raiden Fighters: Jet (XBox 360)
15. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS)
16. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (XBox 360)
17. Raiden III (PS2)
18. Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
19. Batman: Arkham Origins (XBox 360)
20. Raiden IV (XBox 360)
21. WWE 2K15 (XBox 360)
22. DuckTales: Remastered (XBox Live Arcade)

23. MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf (XBox)

Great game! Go on missions, destroy lots of things, rinse and repeat. It's very simple stuff, but I find highly-destructive playgrounds to be very fun. There's also a variety of Mechs/vehicles to play through the campaign, which does switch things up.

The ending hinted as a sequel, guess that never happened.
Apparently there is a sequel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MechAssault:_Phantom_War

I have that one, too. It's alright, but it's more of a side-story than it really is a sequel, and it's not nearly as polished of a game.
I was wondering how that game was since I have the first 2 Mechassault games and was considering picking this up, but I think that I might pass up on that one now unless I can get it for really cheap.

It's not like the story was the high-point of that series, anyways. It's all about highly destructive environments and lots of enemies to blow up. Which it has.

pacpix

« Reply #602 on: December 02, 2014, 01:51:35 am »
I just finished the hardest CRPG ever made, Wizardry IV!  I only died 75 times  8)  While I did achieve the Grandmaster ending, I did have to consult a guide quite a bit as some of the puzzles are near impossible and the maps are crazy, especially the Cosmic Cube.
http://www.tk421.net/wizardry/wiz4maps.shtml
"The Return of Werdna" is considered an extremely difficult game; the designer was Roe R. Adams III, a well-known gamer and writer who reportedly was the first to solve Time Zone.[1] Computer Gaming World stated, "This game was designed expressly for the expert Wizardry player."[4] Knowledge of the first game of the series is vital to completing Wizardry IV. It is equally unforgiving of mistakes and bad luck as its predecessor trilogy, but unlike the trilogy, there are no experience points for defeating enemies, and therefore no reward for surviving difficult battles, or opportunities to grow stronger at the player's pace. The only way a player may grow stronger is to fight their way through the current level, and find a pentagram on the next level, no matter how overwhelmingly difficult the foes on the current level may be. Some of these foes include ninjas capable of killing Werdna instantly with a critical hit, mages with area-effect spells that can wipe out entire parties of monsters, thieves who can steal items that are critical to completing the game, and clerics capable of resurrecting Werdna's fallen adversaries.

Like the previous trilogy, mapping out levels is vital to avoid becoming lost. But the difficulty of mapping out levels is increased exponentially. While the previous games included occasional traps that could throw the player's maps off, such as dark areas, teleporters, pits, chutes, and rotating floors, these traps and many more are abundant in "The Return of Werdna". An early level contains a minefield, with an invisible safe path that can only be discovered through exhaustive trial and error. Another level is a series of seemingly identical intersecting pathways, with rotating floor tiles on each intersection. At the top of the dungeon is the Cosmic Cube, a 3D maze consisting of dozens of rooms, connected by passageways, chutes, ladders, and teleporters, all of which have their own unique tricks, traps, and mapping difficulties. In addition, some of the most deadly foes in the game roam the cosmic cube, and because it contains the final pentagram, no further strengthening is possible.

Another major example that seriously hinders unfamiliar players is the seemingly impossible task of exiting the very first room. The only way out is a hidden door which may be revealed by casting a "light" spell called "Milwa". The only way to do this is to recruit a group of Priests. This seemingly-simple task is made unintuitive due to the lack of any evidence that there is a door to begin with; the necessity of recruiting a group of Clerics, which are ineffective in combat and take the place of effective combat recruits; and the need to enter combat until the Clerics cast this spell. There is no suggestion in the context of the game as to what Milwa or any other Cleric spell name means; only players familiar with prior Wizardry games would understand its function. To a player unfamiliar with these earlier Wizardry titles, it would seem that the Clerics cast a useless spell. Furthermore, the Milwa/Light spell eventually expires, meaning that there is a limited time to find the door once the spell is cast. (Acknowledging the difficulty of this very first puzzle in the game, Sir-Tech included a sealed envelope in the game package containing its solution, to be opened if the player couldn't figure it out on their own.)
You are also constantly followed by a ghost that can move through walls and instantly kills you
Sir-Tech actually put there phone number in the game so you could call them if you actually found the best ending  :o  I played the Japan PS1 remake and the  Japan developers changed the phone number to their website which I thought was cool.

While I did like the game, I am glad to finally be done and moving on through the rest of the games.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

maximo310

« Reply #603 on: December 03, 2014, 01:55:09 am »
Mobile Light Force 2, ( Castle of Shikigami) using 3-4 credits. Compared to Mobile Light Force 1(Gunbird) which I completed earlier this year, its still a really butchered port with few options besides practice mode and difficulty change. Personally, the game doesn't interest me enough to warrant a 1cc try soon. However, there is a Castle of Shikigami 2( need to pick up) and Castle of Shikigami III(which I have) that are apparently are overall better games and have better ports to their systems so I'll have to see how that goes.

foxhack

« Reply #604 on: December 03, 2014, 01:35:23 pm »
Batman Arkham Origins, New Game Plus mode cleared.

Up next is... I AM THE NIGHT mode, which means if I get killed, I have to start over.

bobster

« Reply #605 on: December 11, 2014, 09:15:28 pm »
I just beat Star Ocean: Second Evolution. Definitely an improvement over the first game story wise. Makes sense though as it's a remake of the PS1 game as opposed to the first one which was a Super Nintendo game. Guess it's time to find a copy of Star Ocean: Till the End of Time!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

foxhack

« Reply #606 on: December 14, 2014, 01:02:25 am »
Batman Arkham Origins, New Game Plus mode cleared.

Up next is... I AM THE NIGHT mode, which means if I get killed, I have to start over.

And done.

Now all I have to do is get all the glitched Cold Cold Heart achievements (they don't unlock if you complete them after a certain point in the game!) and I'll shelve this for now.

Stupid, stupid multiplayer achievements...

« Reply #607 on: December 14, 2014, 11:30:31 pm »
Dragon Age: Inquisition - A good 80 hours put into the game, with probably about 90% of the game complete.  Overall I very much enjoyed the experience.  It's very flawed, lots of stuff needed to be cleaned up and worked on and from what I hear in comparison to past games, it's lacking in a few areas, but I was definitely into the game.  I played as Qunari Warrior first and I might go back through the game again as an Elven Archer, using the Dragon Age Keep website for changing the story, and doing a few of the alternate story options.  Should be enough to get me another full playthrough out of that.

Far Cry 4 - Lesser enjoyment out of this one.  It's a solid shooter with a cool setting that I think was great to have, but unlike DA: Inquisition, the choices you make in the story just seem awful and forced.  One or two times you actually get to make a choice that is yours alone, but they don't mean anything.  I really liked Far Cry 3 and had hoped that Far Cry 4 would be an overall bigger improvement, and in some spots it is, but too much felt copied over and it has me worried that Ubisoft will go Assassin's Creed with the series now that it has a successful mold to follow.  Minor additions, new setting, but generally stays the same.  I hope not.

psydswipe

« Reply #608 on: December 15, 2014, 07:26:23 am »
Dragon Age: Inquisition - A good 80 hours put into the game, with probably about 90% of the game complete.  Overall I very much enjoyed the experience.  It's very flawed, lots of stuff needed to be cleaned up and worked on and from what I hear in comparison to past games, it's lacking in a few areas, but I was definitely into the game.  I played as Qunari Warrior first and I might go back through the game again as an Elven Archer, using the Dragon Age Keep website for changing the story, and doing a few of the alternate story options.  Should be enough to get me another full playthrough out of that.

I finished Dragon Age: Inquisition yesterday after around 100 hours. The PC version is very buggy, took a while just to get it to work without crashing often (have to play in windowed mode). Not sure how complete I was though I did get all of the shards, rifts, landmarks, and all but one region (seems a lot of people are missing a region in Exalted Plains, could be a bug). Missed four bottles and a bunch of mosaic pieces. Also had a few missions in the War Room remaining when I decided to finish the game. I played as a male Qunari Rogue (dual blades), though due to a bug (until the last patch) every NPC thought I was female, often referring to me as she or lady. Right after I finished I did start up a new game on nightmare difficulty as a female elf mage. Not sure if nightmare will be too tough since I generally let the companions do their own thing and they can do some dumb things, especially when fighting dragons. Normal difficulty was easy though, mostly because I spent a lot of time in the first few areas so I leveled higher than most areas were designed for when I eventually got to them. I was level 24 when I finished the game.

« Reply #609 on: December 15, 2014, 04:26:19 pm »

I finished Dragon Age: Inquisition yesterday after around 100 hours. The PC version is very buggy, took a while just to get it to work without crashing often (have to play in windowed mode). Not sure how complete I was though I did get all of the shards, rifts, landmarks, and all but one region (seems a lot of people are missing a region in Exalted Plains, could be a bug). Missed four bottles and a bunch of mosaic pieces. Also had a few missions in the War Room remaining when I decided to finish the game. I played as a male Qunari Rogue (dual blades), though due to a bug (until the last patch) every NPC thought I was female, often referring to me as she or lady. Right after I finished I did start up a new game on nightmare difficulty as a female elf mage. Not sure if nightmare will be too tough since I generally let the companions do their own thing and they can do some dumb things, especially when fighting dragons. Normal difficulty was easy though, mostly because I spent a lot of time in the first few areas so I leveled higher than most areas were designed for when I eventually got to them. I was level 24 when I finished the game.

Yeah the AI was pretty poor and it did get annoying when fighting dragons.  I think I was 22 or 23 when I finished.  It wasn't just bugs though as I felt a lot of the problem was simply polish.  A lot of animations looked bad, where the camera was supposed to be (So many times it was just staring at my Qunari's chest lol), and a lot of the modeling wasn't great as constantly I would see characters have clothing parts just sticking out or like Solas not being able to wear a hood properly cause of his ears.  Too much gear was made to be a default style, but never went back to clean anything up to make sure stuff meshed well.

devancowan

« Reply #610 on: December 15, 2014, 04:34:05 pm »
Just finished up Fantasy Life after 45 hours. Still much more to do in the game though!

soera

« Reply #611 on: December 16, 2014, 07:56:28 am »
Fantasy life looks like a game I want.

And to go with this thread, I just 100% Child of light last night. What a great little game! Fun and intriguing from start to finish. :)

devancowan

« Reply #612 on: December 16, 2014, 12:13:07 pm »
Fantasy life looks like a game I want.

And to go with this thread, I just 100% Child of light last night. What a great little game! Fun and intriguing from start to finish. :)

I would highly recommend Fantasy Life!
I played child of light a while ago during the summer. Man, for 14.99 or whatever it cost at the time, it was worth it. That game has a very unique art design and the game play is awesome. I loved it!

soera

« Reply #613 on: December 16, 2014, 12:39:43 pm »
Yeah my 3DS has been lonely since I beat Bravely Default and was looking to add something to it . Fantasy Life seems like just the recipe I need to spice it back up.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #614 on: December 21, 2014, 03:50:29 am »
1. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
2. Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
3. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
4. Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (XBox Live Arcade) (I beat both games: Tower of Doom & Shadow of Mystara)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
6. Mega Man Legends (PS1) - Beat Again
7. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
8. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
9. WWE 2K14 (XBox 360)
10. Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1)
11. King's Field II (PS1) (King's Field III outside the U.S.)
12. Raiden Fighters (XBox 360)
13. Raiden Fighters 2 (XBox 360)
14. Raiden Fighters: Jet (XBox 360)
15. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS)
16. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (XBox 360)
17. Raiden III (PS2)
18. Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
19. Batman: Arkham Origins (XBox 360)
20. Raiden IV (XBox 360)
21. WWE 2K15 (XBox 360)
22. DuckTales: Remastered (XBox Live Arcade)
23. MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf (XBox)

24. Ultimate NES Remix (3DS)

Now what I mean by "completed" is that I unlocked enough stars to open all the levels in the "NES Remix 1" and "NES Remix 2" categories. Then I beat all those levels. There's still plenty of game-specific challenges left to play through, though.

Just got the game this afternoon, and I haven't put it down. I had to charge my 3DS eventually, so I stopped. I'm freaking loving it!