Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 188344 times)

abe

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #645 on: January 26, 2015, 07:26:55 pm »
With the help of Argyle, I finished the plat for Far Cry 4 last night. Today I finished up Senran Kagura Burst on the 3DS. That puts me up to 3 games finished so far this year. :D

1. Far Cry 4 (PS4)
2. Halo 3 (Xbox360)
3. Senran Kagura Burst (3DS)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #646 on: January 27, 2015, 07:00:52 am »
With the help of Argyle, I finished the plat for Far Cry 4 last night. Today I finished up Senran Kagura Burst on the 3DS. That puts me up to 3 games finished so far this year. :D

1. Far Cry 4 (PS4)
2. Halo 3 (Xbox360)

Congrats on another plat!

Me, kash, & argyle better step up our game...before you leave us eating your wake :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #647 on: January 27, 2015, 07:31:56 am »

1. Far Cry 4 (PS4)
2. Halo 3 (Xbox360)

Me, kash, & argyle better step up our game...before you leave us eating your wake :o

Yup, Abe helped me finish off the first plat I've gotten in over a year.  :o  Dunno what the next one will be that I go for - doubt I'll go for it with Tales of Xillia 2 tho. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #648 on: January 27, 2015, 07:52:58 am »

1. Far Cry 4 (PS4)
2. Halo 3 (Xbox360)

Yup, Abe helped me finish off the first plat I've gotten in over a year.  :o  Dunno what the next one will be that I go for - doubt I'll go for it with Tales of Xillia 2 tho. ;)

How about Cross Edge? :P Just kidding, that one's even more time consuming than the plat for Tales of Xillia 2 (from what I've read). The next plat I have my eyes set on is the plat for inFAMOUS First Light (PS4). It's not too time consuming or difficult, and the game's pretty fun from what I've played so far.

Hmmm, what game should I start playing next? I have a few games in particular that I really really want to play, but I can't decide what to start with. Right now I'm trying to choose between Cross Edge (PS3), Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita), Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 (PS Vita), Tales of Hearts R (PS Vita), and Tears to Tiara II (PS3). Any suggestions?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #649 on: January 27, 2015, 11:45:44 am »
Cross Edge?

That's the only game I've ever platinumed twice - on 2 separate PSN accounts 8)

IMO, the 'hardest' & most time consuming part of Cross Edge, is that *Huge* initial learning curve / difficulty spike that is learning, getting used to & comfortable with, and remembering how all of the many different systems + gameplay mechanics work.

It's A LOT to take in.

It seems (initially) overwhelming & intimidating; seriously - it's the 1st & only game that I've ever felt like I had to "study" (ie: read & re-read) so much about it, until it finally all clicked.

Having played & platinumed both Cross Edge & Tears to Tiara 2 + knowing a bit about the games that you (we) like, I'll give ya some considerations to help you decide ;)

Tears to Tiara 2 - Much better story & OST

Cross Edge - IMO, the best & deepest combo/combat system to ever grace a RPG
- You'll like & get a kick out of all of the playable N1 (and more) characters, like:

Etna & Prinny from Disgaea,

Morrigan, Lilith, Felicia, Demitri, and Jedah from Darkstalkers,

Shurelia, Misha, Aurica, and Lyner from the 1st Ar tonelico game,

Lily, Whim, and Raze from Mana Khemia 2,

Meu & Zelos from Spectral Souls, and probably another 10 or so exclusive to Cross Edge.

Platinum-wise = I could *easily* plat Cross Edge...twice, in the same amount of time that it'd take to plat Tears to Tiara...once :o

kashell

« Reply #650 on: January 27, 2015, 12:12:40 pm »
Seeing as though I'm starting to feel apathetic about FFXII, I'm leaning towards Tears to Tiara II as my next RPG-Platquest.

Cross Edge is a great game. It starts you off in no-man's land, but once things click, you will wonder why other creators don't make battle systems as fun.

psydswipe

« Reply #651 on: January 27, 2015, 12:30:56 pm »
This month I finished Far Cry 4, The Wolf Among Us, Plants vs. Zombies (adventure mode), Railroad Tycoon 3, and my second play through of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Most of Dragon Age was played in December though and the first episode of The Wolf Among Us I played a year ago when it was given away for free on XBLA. I'm trying to cut back on gaming this year but I sunk quite a bit of time into some of those games. Even Railroad Tycoon's campaign took me 21 hours. I picked that one up in the recent Steam holiday sale. I had never played Plants vs. Zombies before and was just browsing my Steam library Saturday and decided to try it. Steam says I played that 7.9 hours though some of that was playing the mini-games.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #652 on: January 27, 2015, 02:17:13 pm »
This month I finished Far Cry 4, The Wolf Among Us, Plants vs. Zombies (adventure mode), Railroad Tycoon 3, and my second play through of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Most of Dragon Age was played in December though and the first episode of The Wolf Among Us I played a year ago when it was given away for free on XBLA. I'm trying to cut back on gaming this year but I sunk quite a bit of time into some of those games. Even Railroad Tycoon's campaign took me 21 hours. I picked that one up in the recent Steam holiday sale. I had never played Plants vs. Zombies before and was just browsing my Steam library Saturday and decided to try it. Steam says I played that 7.9 hours though some of that was playing the mini-games.

Which system did you play Wolf Among Us on (I've got the PS4 version), and how did you like it?

thoughts on it being playable one-handed?

abe

« Reply #653 on: January 27, 2015, 02:26:09 pm »
Cross Edge?

That's the only game I've ever platinumed twice - on 2 separate PSN accounts 8)

IMO, the 'hardest' & most time consuming part of Cross Edge, is that *Huge* initial learning curve / difficulty spike that is learning, getting used to & comfortable with, and remembering how all of the many different systems + gameplay mechanics work.

It's A LOT to take in.

It seems (initially) overwhelming & intimidating; seriously - it's the 1st & only game that I've ever felt like I had to "study" (ie: read & re-read) so much about it, until it finally all clicked.

Having played & platinumed both Cross Edge & Tears to Tiara 2 + knowing a bit about the games that you (we) like, I'll give ya some considerations to help you decide ;)

Tears to Tiara 2 - Much better story & OST

Cross Edge - IMO, the best & deepest combo/combat system to ever grace a RPG
- You'll like & get a kick out of all of the playable N1 (and more) characters, like:

Etna & Prinny from Disgaea,

Morrigan, Lilith, Felicia, Demitri, and Jedah from Darkstalkers,

Shurelia, Misha, Aurica, and Lyner from the 1st Ar tonelico game,

Lily, Whim, and Raze from Mana Khemia 2,

Meu & Zelos from Spectral Souls, and probably another 10 or so exclusive to Cross Edge.

Platinum-wise = I could *easily* plat Cross Edge...twice, in the same amount of time that it'd take to plat Tears to Tiara...once :o

I'm not sure I have the time to invest in learning how to properly play Cross Edge right now, so Tears to Tiara II it is!

Which system did you play Wolf Among Us on (I've got the PS4 version), and how did you like it?

I haven't played The Wolf Among Us yet, but if it's anything like Telltale's other recent games then I'd say it's fairly one-hand friendly.

retroone

« Reply #654 on: January 27, 2015, 03:42:27 pm »
I recently beat Shovel Knight. An amazing game that is better than the reviews make it out to be. Now it's time for New Game Plus. For Shovelrey.

soera

« Reply #655 on: January 27, 2015, 03:57:42 pm »
I recently beat Shovel Knight. An amazing game that is better than the reviews make it out to be.

This is slated to be out on the PS systems this year with a Kratos tie in. I cant wait.

retroone

« Reply #656 on: January 27, 2015, 06:49:49 pm »
I recently beat Shovel Knight. An amazing game that is better than the reviews make it out to be.

This is slated to be out on the PS systems this year with a Kratos tie in. I cant wait.
I'm anticipating it as well. I hope there is a platinum for it though.  ;D

psydswipe

« Reply #657 on: January 28, 2015, 05:51:40 am »

I played it on the 360 though I assume it plays the same on all of them. Telltale retail discs are always a little buggy though, especially when they do the recaps before each episode. They tend to be choppy, have audio issues, and take a very long time to load. The game itself tells a good story I thought. I've never read the Fables comic book though so I can't say how similar it is. Playing one-handed is probably not too difficult. There are quick-timer events but less than The Walking Dead, or at least a lot less life and death situations, and they seem more forgiving. I've died a number of times in the two seasons of The Walking Dead and didn't die a single time in The Wolf Among Us. Each episode is only about 90 minutes and most of that is conversations, not as many scenes with general looking around as The Walking Dead had. Hopefully you've played The Walking Dead or these comparisons aren't of any help  :D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:54:08 am by psydswipe »

« Reply #658 on: January 28, 2015, 07:07:29 pm »
I finished Xenoblade Chronicles a few weeks ago after buying the Special Edition for myself for Christmas ;D

abe

« Reply #659 on: January 30, 2015, 04:37:22 pm »
Just finished up The Swapper today on the PS4. It's a very enjoyable (though relatively short) puzzle oriented game. Throughout the game, you explore an old broken-down space station and complete puzzles to earn "orbs" that allow you to access new areas and progress the story. The puzzles are short, but get pretty challenging at the end and are satisfying to finish. I would recommend the game to anyone who has PlayStation Plus, as it is free for the month of January (only a couple days left to download it).