Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 188347 times)

abe

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #675 on: February 21, 2015, 08:54:29 pm »
I just finished up Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus on my PS Vita today, which is my sixth completed game of the year. I also got the plat for the game, which makes it my second platinum trophy of the year. :D It was a pretty fun game, though the last few trophies I had to get were kinda boring to get. It was a definite improvement over the original Senran Kagura and you can tell the developers did a lot to improve from the original, though I enjoyed the original Senran Kagura as well.

Abe's 2015 Completion List
1. Far Cry 4 (PS4)
2. Halo 3 (Xbox360)
3. Senran Kagura Burst (3DS)
4. The Swapper (PS4)
5. inFAMOUS: First Light (PS4)
6. Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (PS Vita)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

retroone

« Reply #676 on: February 22, 2015, 11:36:08 am »
Mega Man 2 (NES)

Boy does it feel so good to finally beat this game.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #677 on: February 24, 2015, 01:59:35 am »
BurningDoom's 2015 Beaten Games List:
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
2. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS)
3. Monster in my Pocket (NES)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)

5. Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

I loved every single second of this. A 3D Mario game with the sensibilities of the 2D series. This is the way 3D Mario should have always been, as far as I'm concerned. Don't miss this one if you're a Nintendo fan.

I still have the now unlocked Star World to get through, though. And I unlocked the original Mario Bros. Arcade, except you get to play as Luigi!

deftommo

« Reply #678 on: February 24, 2015, 11:37:58 am »
I've just recently bought a PS3 and have been enjoying cheap games. Within the last month I've beaten Batman: Arkham Asylum, God of War III, and ICO. I'm at the final boss in Dark Souls now. It's been a rough month.

gf78

« Reply #679 on: February 25, 2015, 03:37:36 pm »
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)

I loved every single second of this. A 3D Mario game with the sensibilities of the 2D series. This is the way 3D Mario should have always been, as far as I'm concerned. Don't miss this one if you're a Nintendo fan.

I still have the now unlocked Star World to get through, though. And I unlocked the original Mario Bros. Arcade, except you get to play as Luigi!

Mario 3D World is hands-down the best 3D Mario game ever made.  I haven't played Super Mario 3D Land yet, but I think it would be similar to World.  I hated Super Mario 64.  I liked Sunshine, but never finished it.  The Galaxy games were ok, but shooting from tiny space ball to another tiny space ball, running updside down, etc. never seemed too enticing for me.  I really like the "New" Super Mario Bros. titles.  They are like high-res versions of the classics.

Though I have to say this and some might get butt-sore over it....but Mario games are all basically the exact same thing.  Each new game is more like an add-on pack.  Pretty much, the bulk of the Mario titles are about Peach being kidnapped and Mario going through levels to save her.  Fun?  Yes.  Repetitive?  Yes.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

abe

« Reply #680 on: February 25, 2015, 06:09:06 pm »
Finished up Mega Man X2 today through the Mega Man X Collection on my PS2. The X series is definitely a lot easier than the original series, especially once you collect a lot of the powerups and armor parts. Time to move on to Mega Man X3. :)

Abe's 2015 Completion List
1. Far Cry 4 (PS4)
2. Halo 3 (Xbox360)
3. Senran Kagura Burst (3DS)
4. The Swapper (PS4)
5. inFAMOUS: First Light (PS4)
6. Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (PS Vita)
7. Mega Man X2 (PS2)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #681 on: February 26, 2015, 12:17:47 pm »
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)

Mario 3D World is hands-down the best 3D Mario game ever made.  I haven't played Super Mario 3D Land yet, but I think it would be similar to World.  I hated Super Mario 64.  I liked Sunshine, but never finished it.  The Galaxy games were ok, but shooting from tiny space ball to another tiny space ball, running updside down, etc. never seemed too enticing for me.  I really like the "New" Super Mario Bros. titles.  They are like high-res versions of the classics.

Though I have to say this and some might get butt-sore over it....but Mario games are all basically the exact same thing.  Each new game is more like an add-on pack.  Pretty much, the bulk of the Mario titles are about Peach being kidnapped and Mario going through levels to save her.  Fun?  Yes.  Repetitive?  Yes.

Someone who agrees with me on the 3D Mario titles! I feel the same way. I didn't enjoy SM64, I really liked SM: Sunshine, and I thought Galaxy was just okay.

Though with my nifty new GameCube-to-N64 controller adapter, my opinion on SM64 may change when I sit down and play it again with a GameCube controller.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #682 on: February 27, 2015, 02:39:19 am »
I have yet to beat a game this year..... I need to step up my game...
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

bobster

« Reply #683 on: February 27, 2015, 09:48:07 am »
I have yet to beat a game this year..... I need to step up my game...
You can do it buddy!

I forgot to mention last weekend I finished replaying Super Metroid. Gotta love that game.

Yesterday I beat Final Fantasy 4 on the PSP. Started up interlude then I'll hit up After Years and see if it's any good.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #684 on: February 27, 2015, 03:14:16 pm »
Star world goes pretty quick (there is maybe only one tough level to collect everything in).

The final level surprised me though after breezing through the rest of the game.

The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

argyle

« Reply #685 on: March 01, 2015, 12:34:12 pm »
Just finished off the plat in The Order, making that my 2nd this year. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #686 on: March 01, 2015, 01:12:48 pm »
Finished Saints Row IV RE-ELECTED (PS4)... Hilarious game, final boss felt a little tedious but overall great game.

kevininja

« Reply #687 on: March 01, 2015, 01:17:45 pm »
Finished Saints Row IV RE-ELECTED (PS4)... Hilarious game, final boss felt a little tedious but overall great game.

Yeah, that bastard took way too long.  :-\

abe

« Reply #688 on: March 01, 2015, 03:53:40 pm »

That didn't take long. :o I'm guessing it was an easy plat, yes? How enjoyable did you find it? I've been hearing lots of bad things about it.

argyle

« Reply #689 on: March 01, 2015, 07:23:49 pm »

That didn't take long. :o I'm guessing it was an easy plat, yes? How enjoyable did you find it? I've been hearing lots of bad things about it.

Very easy. Check the "52 games in 2015" thread for my final game impressions. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis