Author Topic: Borderlands 2 - Ultimate Loot Chest: Ultimate Unboxing (Lots of Pics)  (Read 5592 times)

scott

ALRIGHTY, so earlier this year, when they announced the various special editions or Borderlands 2, I knew I was going to have to pick up the Ultimate Loot Chest if at all possible. A while later when they opened up preorders I promptly added it to my cart on Amazon and have since waited for it to arrive. Finally Borderlands 2 has launched and this bad boy showed up on my doorstep this afternoon. This Retail box is HUGE, it measures 18 1/4" wide x 8 1/8" tall and 9 5/8" deep and is packed with goodies, the most well known of course is the Loot Chest it contains. So, without and further blabbing about it... on to the pics!

This is the box, before I opened it. Note the width of it compared to my dinner table.

And the retail box emerges!

Back of the box.

Top of the box, shows off all the loot inside.

Bottom of the box hides a Claptrap!

And he makes fun of you for being a stupid human and trying to open it from the wrong side.

Pop the top and there's the artbook and game case.

A few pics of the Steelbook case.

Underneath those hide more goodies.

Cloth map of Pandora's North Coast

Lithograph "Postcards"... though I think the are more like mini-posters

Various branded stickers

Creatures of Pandora banner

My Certificate of Authenticity

Sir Hammerlock's Field Journal

Beneath all this stuff hides another box.

Inside is the Loot Chest!

Within the loot chest we find Marcus

Marcus Vending Machine box for the Bobblehead

And the Marcus Bobblehead! He's pretty heavy too, I think he's possibly made of resin of something. He doesn't feel like cheap plastic at all.

So there we have it. The Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition in all of it's swag filled glory. Personally, I am really pleased with this Collector's Edition. The Chest is pretty decent and is a great replica of the iconic chests in the game. The Marcus bobblehead isn't cheap and plastic like the Fallout 3 Vault Boy bobblehead and all the extra swag is really nice and well made, plus it has a freaking CLOTH MAP, I love cloth maps. I've put the retail box away and stored all the extras inside the Loot Chest, which sits atop my Game Shelves in my gaming area now... guarded by Spiky Ear Pichu and Giratina.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:16:27 am by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

Re: Borderlands 2 - Ultimate Loot Chest: Ultimate Unboxing (Lots of Pics)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 08:42:33 pm »
You should have kept it sealed!!

Just kidding, That's a really sweet special edition. Came with a lot of cool stuff. Thanks for the pictures :D

donovon

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 09:11:54 pm »
Really cool box set!

Thanks for the detailed unboxing! :)

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 09:23:10 pm »
Damn, now I wish I spent the money on that thing, though I know it'd just go to hiding since I don't have anywhere to display it.

Nice!  Hope you like the game; played a bit last night but haven't really paid too much attention to it yet to make any judgments.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 09:53:31 pm »
@desocietas I don't think you'd want to transport this SE across town by bus either. ;)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 10:18:19 pm »
I dont know anything about the game (although I see it everywhere, my god) but I did notice one disappointing thing and that was that ugly "Xbox 360" thing in the top left corner.

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 02:03:26 am »
I dont know anything about the game (although I see it everywhere, my god) but I did notice one disappointing thing and that was that ugly "Xbox 360" thing in the top left corner.

speaking of which, that steelcase is bee-yoo-ti-ful.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

psydswipe

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 07:03:19 am »
I'm reviving an old topic to let you know if you want to be complete you'll need to get another loot chest ;) This one is exclusive to ThinkGeek and has some different stuff in it: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f497/. However, I think all it has is swag, doesn't appear to have an actual game with it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:06:19 am by psydswipe »

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 12:42:24 pm »
I'm reviving an old topic to let you know if you want to be complete you'll need to get another loot chest ;) This one is exclusive to ThinkGeek and has some different stuff in it: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f497/. However, I think all it has is swag, doesn't appear to have an actual game with it.

Oh man, so tempting.  But hell if I have the space for it!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas