Author Topic: Cover Galaxy  (Read 1548 times)

brunauss

Cover Galaxy
« on: April 02, 2013, 11:33:32 pm »
Anyone aware this place exists? Its images are quite hard to avoid when you Google entries you have made yourself, when needing pictures of decent quality. Right, to the point.

I want to know how many (if any of you) are also registered through this new archive site named Cover Galaxy. That way I know just how much work I am in for, with updating their library and filling in the gaps, with my own contribution of HiRes scans out of my sealed box of jackets and booklets. They already have a decent size selection and is further facilitated by user entries made in the online forum itself. So don't get bummed out when first seeing the limited platform listing when visiting the main page. I personally am stoked this place exists and think they show the same potential as VGcollect itself does. Here is hoping you both stick around. It would be a tremendous help to massive collectors like myself to finally digitize and backup... well... everything.

Oh where are my manners. Here is how you get there. Cheers.

Cover Galaxy:
http://www.covergalaxy.com/
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

Re: Cover Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 10:39:00 am »
Cool site! Definitly interesting. Thank you :)

brunauss

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 11:27:48 am »
Your most welcome. I was actually able to keep my same name and identity when registering with them too. One less thing to remember *L*
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 11:52:05 am »
Nope, never heard of it.

Looks like it could be a good resource, though...so, thanks for the link & bringing it to our attention :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 02:14:42 pm »
I use them for their scans, sometimes. Just make sure that you're getting the REAL DEAL and not some made-up artwork.

Also, they're hardly new. I've used them for a few years.

brunauss

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 03:43:57 am »
I use them for their scans, sometimes. Just make sure that you're getting the REAL DEAL and not some made-up artwork.

Also, they're hardly new. I've used them for a few years.

In just a few years and that is all Cover Galaxy has on their main page? Must have been a struggle to get it started. Considering how many people use this site and depend on its conciseness, I make it a point to cross check the scans and data with: GameStop, GameInformer, IGN, Gamespot, All Game, MobyGames and Amazon. For additional depth on Amazon searches alone, I have US, UK, German, French and Japanese. sometimes things require additional referencing from the three big boys own publications: Xbox Magazine, PlayStation Magazine and Nintendo Power. Yeah I'm thorough.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 03:46:23 am by brunauss »
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 01:06:10 pm »
Scanning covers can take a while. Most of the scans I've seen there are of very good quality and there's just a few regular contributors, so I'm not surprised there's not that much stuff up. :(

Edit: Also - Amazon and GameFAQs often have mockup cover art too. Their US image in this set? Promo artwork. I double check stuff through eBay since they tell sellers to post photos of the item now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 01:07:57 pm by foxhack »

brunauss

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 02:25:32 pm »
I have recently begun using them too, ever since it was clear eBay was sticking with that policy and not just abandoning it after a short trial basis.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer