Author Topic: Whats your favorite series?  (Read 5496 times)

Re: Whats your favorite series?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 10:46:50 am »
So hard to narrow it down to only one...I love different one's for different things.

1. Mario - simply put, just the best fun I've ever had playing a video game. I love everything from Super Mario Bros 2 all the way to Super Mario Galaxy 2. Also, New Super Mario Bros on the DS is a perfect title.

2. Zelda - These were the games I played as a kid that have made me such a puzzle solver/explorer of games today. Wind Waker is one of my top 5 games of all time.

3. Halo - Not only is the multiplayer just awesome, but the story is so well written and the campaign has such deep cinematic sequences. You can really tell true gamers made the series. Let's hope 343 studios carries on that tradition.

4. Mario Kart - I feel like this is different from Mario games in that it's racing, but it's my favorite kind of racing. Watch out for that Blue Shell!!!

5. Metal Slug - The best run 'n gun game ever, I could play this game for hours on end. Yes, better than Contra...and I love Contra.

Sorry to be long-winded and choose 5, but there was just no way I could select a single franchise.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 10:47:50 am »
If I had to pick just one it would probably be Metal Gear, with Final Fantasy coming in a close second.

amauriel

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 02:44:17 pm »
Harvest Moon is probably my favorite, although they've gotten really repetitive in the last 5 years or so...also lots of love to Shin Megami Tensei, Layton, Zelda, and Ace Attorney.

My husband's: Resident Evil. No question. We have more than one chainsaw controller in the house.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 08:25:14 pm »
Harvest Moon is probably my favorite, although they've gotten really repetitive in the last 5 years or so...also lots of love to Shin Megami Tensei, Layton, Zelda, and Ace Attorney.

@amauriel Have you already preordered Tale of Two Towns?
I feel the same about the games getting repetitive, so I normally wouldn't bother preordering, but that damn alpaca pre-order bonus is such a tease!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 08:40:32 pm »

Oh man, Harvest Moon sucks you in with super cute bonuses...

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 10:37:15 pm »

Harvest Moon and Shin Megami Tensei in the same sentence? I never thought I'd see the day!

desocietas

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 10:46:23 pm »
Harvest Moon and Shin Megami Tensei in the same sentence? I never thought I'd see the day!

Heh, I'm right there with @amauriel... but she's definitely got me beat in her collection of HM titles... I've played a lot of them, but don't necessarily have them in my collection.  She's got me beat in the SMT series, too.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 10:51:42 pm »
Heh, I'm right there with @amauriel... but she's definitely got me beat in her collection of HM titles... I've played a lot of them, but don't necessarily have them in my collection.  She's got me beat in the SMT series, too.

I've never played a Harvest Moon title. Which one would you guys recommend as my first go? I've just never been too interested in the series for some reason.

scott

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 10:54:00 pm »

I've never played a Harvest Moon title. Which one would you guys recommend as my first go? I've just never been too interested in the series for some reason.

I played a lot of the original SNES game and really liked it. After that I never played much until the 1st Harvest Moon for DS. Of course, I'm prolly not the best source for info on the series. haha

neomysterion

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 12:26:38 am »
Favourite series for me?
I've been into Kirby and Pokemon a lot, as well as Pikmin for a more underrated series.

jobocan

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 12:51:47 am »
Favorite series? I don't even know how I'd begin to make a top 10, let alone a top favorite. Mario, Zelda, Disgaea (or anything made by NIS really), DMC (ignoring DMC2 and, for now, the upcoming series-ruining DmC), Pokemon, Sonic, Battletoads, Lufia, FF, Mega Man (any of the MM series, I even like BN/SF), Castlevania, Valis (minus the hentai games), Capcom fighting games, Contra, Ghost n' Goblins, DKC, Kirby... I could go on and on. I could never choose a single series I love above all else.

matt

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2011, 09:27:43 am »
This is a tough one for me. The number 1 and 2 slots I know for sure but there are about 20 that could fit anywhere beneath that.

1. Half-Life
2. Wonderboy
3. Metal Gear, Castlevania, Mario, Jak & Daxter, Uncharted, etc, etc

madmax

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 10:04:26 am »
yea Pokemon is up there for me too. my life will not be complete until they make a 3d mmo.

scott

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 11:46:15 am »
After thinking it over mine would prolly look something like:

1. Castlevania
2. Metal Gear
3. Resident Evil
4. Pokemon/ Final Fantasy/ Mario/ Zelda/ Jak etc

amauriel

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 04:26:09 pm »
@darko:  If you are willing to spend the money, the best one (IMHO) is Harvest Moon 64. It polished the SNES version without getting too much crap that deterred from the fun and core of the game. If you want to pick up one cheap just to try it out, I'd suggest HM: A Wonderful Life for the GC.

@desocietas: I haven't preordered Tale of Two Towns yet. I haven't decided if I'm going to get the 3DS version yet, and it comes out after the DS one. Also, I paid $8 for the sheep on eBay instead of buying Magical Melody when it came out, then bought the game for $8 at a vintage store. I may do the same with this one; I still haven't put much time into Grand Bazaar to justify another one yet.

I have every preorder plushie for the series, and the sheep is the only one I eBay'd. I even have two cows, one has an anniversary tag on it instead of the original tag. Both of those were preorder bonuses for different games too, haha. The only reason I haven't taken tons of pictures of my HM collection is that my games are stored by console, so getting all those games out would take the better part of a month.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."