Author Topic: Whats your favorite series?  (Read 5498 times)

Re: Whats your favorite series?
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2011, 04:28:43 pm »
Yep, too hard to pick just one.  I'm a HUGE Working Designs fan.... RIP.

1. Shining
2. Castlevania
3. Suikoden

scott

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2011, 04:48:31 pm »
The only reason I haven't taken tons of pictures of my HM collection is that my games are stored by console, so getting all those games out would take the better part of a month.

But, but, a Harvest Moon collection would look so sweet on the front page, @amauriel. ;)

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2011, 04:57:52 pm »
3. Suikoden

My friend @sedaris hates that I still haven't played any of the Suikodens... Just lettin' you know. ;P

@amauriel Yeah, I did a quick eBay search and saw that the other plush pre-orders tend to go for about $10... so I might see if I'll get it that way and just Gamefly Tale of Two Towns (like I do the other ones) or wait for it to drop in price.
Ha, also, I didn't know there'd be a 3DS version.  I'm glad I asked you!  I would've felt totally dumb if I went to preorder it and they told me it's coming out on both systems. :\ That alpaca really is pretty darling, but maybe the 3DS preorder one will be in 3D, too ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2011, 05:06:03 pm »
@scott: I just spent about half an hour digging out plushies and games. The boxes for HM64 and two of the game boy games are buried, but I think I located all the carts and a majority of the cases. The plushies were on a shelf so that part was easy. I'll get my husband to take some photos tonight with his fancy camera. (I only use a point n shoot so he does all our game photography.)

Also, after digging: If anyone has copies of HM: More Friends of Mineral Town (the girl one for the GBA) or HM: Back to Nature (PS1) and want to make some money, let me know. I'm missing three others but they are all current gen so I'm not too concerned about those.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

scott

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2011, 05:28:37 pm »
I think I located all the carts and a majority of the cases.

You don't store the carts IN the cases?

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2011, 12:29:36 am »
@amauriel Incidentally, the harvest moon was tonight... Hope you got to see it!  Good time to pull out all the games and goodies :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2011, 12:46:02 am »
@scott: DS games I don't. Have a tote box full of empty cases. And when you think that there's been 5 or 6 just for that system, that's worth noting.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2011, 12:50:33 am »
Sorry, I've got to add one more I can't believe I forgot.

4. Ogre Battle

desocietas

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2011, 11:39:51 am »
@desocietas: I haven't preordered Tale of Two Towns yet. I haven't decided if I'm going to get the 3DS version yet, and it comes out after the DS one. Also, I paid $8 for the sheep on eBay instead of buying Magical Melody when it came out, then bought the game for $8 at a vintage store. I may do the same with this one; I still haven't put much time into Grand Bazaar to justify another one yet.

I have every preorder plushie for the series, and the sheep is the only one I eBay'd. I even have two cows, one has an anniversary tag on it instead of the original tag. Both of those were preorder bonuses for different games too, haha. The only reason I haven't taken tons of pictures of my HM collection is that my games are stored by console, so getting all those games out would take the better part of a month.

Hm... maybe I'll preorder the 3DS version if the alpaca is going to go for this much on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/alpaca-plush-Harvest-Moon-Tale-Two-Towns-/160664116132?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256853dba4

These people are crazy!  Just preorder the 3DS version, and you'll be paying less than $40... AND get a game to go with the damn alpaca!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas