Author Topic: Am i a bad gamer,geek,nerd etc. if any of my games is in any bad shape  (Read 4844 times)

lordscott

Fellow members Hi you may call me lordscott like the title said and yes I'm 25 years old and I'm a gamer,a anime fan and a manga fan as you can tell and if you think I'm I'm too old i understand and i respect your opinions and yes as the title said and before i get to the point i like to let you know this I'm both nerdy geeky even though i don't share same knowledge as a regular nerd you know I'm 50/50.

And i collect stuff that i love and i collect stuff that i like and yes video games is one of the examples so to the point some of my games is completely bad shape/out of shape scratched up you know the works and yes some of them needed to be replace if i choose to replace them and the case let's just say it's a bad shape and not in meant conditions such as i don't have the case cover or other stuff to show it's in original case and some of the discs is completely messed up too and the instruction book s at least some is in pretty bad shape still usable though.

And this question is just asking your opinions about what do you fellow members think and please be honest i don't mind if it's brutal i just like to ask your opinions about this thanks have a great weekend and thanks
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 05:20:52 pm by lordscott »

soera

First off, hi ... second, you arent too old. Ill be 39 in August. Thirdly, who cares about the condition of a lot of games ? Some of my games on my wall are probably so dirty that they wouldnt even play without a long alcohol bath. Some of my disk games are scratched also but thats the nature of the beast. If they work, they work. Cant let the super minty freaks bug you. Those are the people that think they are going to retire off what they sell their stuff for 20 years down the road. Collect what/how you want and screw everything else!

Lol 25 isnt much I've met 60 year olds on Xbox live. Honestly I have thought about if I should add a scratched up unplayable game to my vgcollect game collection. I really think its up to the user(i personally dont)and no that does not make you a bad geek....
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

doctorlaudanum

I will admit I'm one of those "super minty freaks" soera is talking about, but that's just me. I don't judge anyone for the condition of their games. As long as they have fun with their collection, I really don't see what the problem is. (And 25 is old now? Yikes.)
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

jobocan

(And 25 is old now? Yikes.)

No kidding, I've seen people on the internet freaking out about getting too old to play games... at 16 years old.
The stupidity is staggering :P

doctorlaudanum

Now that I think about it, I really don't think there's such a thing as a "bad" nerd or geek. If someone thinks you don't deserve to be a fan of something just because you don't know every little detail about it / obsess over it, they have serious issues. I hate fans like that. They should be glad that someone else likes what they like. If not, they're no better than the people who make fun of others for what they like.

(By the way, welcome to the site, lordscott. Sorry I didn't welcome you earlier. I was caught up in my own pointless opinions. :P)

sin2beta

Literature geeks tend to have a plethora of old raggedy books in horrible shape. That is almost a badge of honor and makes you look even geekier.

Nothing says video game geek more than a wall of cart only dusty 2600 carts. Honestly a wall of boxed 2600 games looks worse than a box of cart only games in my opinion. Bad labels can sometimes add to the charm as well.

Now if your games are getting scratched and destroyed, you might want to be more careful as this can get expensive. I learned that in my pre teen days with music CDs. But it doesn't make you a bad geek. Just someone who will sometimes have to buy the same thing twice.

Also, part of me wonders if Scott just created the name lordscott to anonymously admit to us that he doesn't take care of his games.  ;)
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

doctorlaudanum

Also, part of me wonders if Scott just created the name lordscott to anonymously admit to us that he doesn't take care of his games.  ;)

Whoa.

pacpix

That was exactly what I thought when I saw the name!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

I prefer games that look good, but so long as it's got the box/manual and cart/disc then I'm flexible. What other people do is there own business as far as I'm concerned :)

Re: Am i a bad gamer,geek,nerd etc. if any of my games is in any bad shape
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 06:58:08 am »
That was exactly what I thought when I saw the name!

Sitting after I read what Lordscott wrote did make me wonder. before all this lol like a guy writing like this wouldn't name himself lord scott only scott would hahah
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

lordscott

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 08:10:43 am »
Literature geeks tend to have a plethora of old raggedy books in horrible shape. That is almost a badge of honor and makes you look even geekier.

Nothing says video game geek more than a wall of cart only dusty 2600 carts. Honestly a wall of boxed 2600 games looks worse than a box of cart only games in my opinion. Bad labels can sometimes add to the charm as well.

Now if your games are getting scratched and destroyed, you might want to be more careful as this can get expensive. I learned that in my pre teen days with music CDs. But it doesn't make you a bad geek. Just someone who will sometimes have to buy the same thing twice.

Sorry for my response being late anyway yes i created that name for myself for gaming

jcalder8

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 01:00:52 pm »
I have bought games that are loose in the case if it's something that I want and then I just upgrade as I find better copies. I don't see a big deal about it.

I collect for me not for anyone else and if you judge me based on how I collect well that's your problem not mine.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 01:11:55 pm »
1).  WELCOME TO VGCOLLECT lordscott!

- (Not to be confused with: "Lord High Lord Scott) :P

2).  *Twenty-five* is NOT old  8)

- (At least not here, it isn't...we have members here from teen-agers to members in their 40's (that *I* know of) -and- on that note, I'd like to recognize & give some props to our teen-aged members for their maturity here, and for...well...not *Acting* like teens  ;)

3).  The *ONLY* person that cares about what should/shouldn't be in your collection and/or what condition it's in...should be...yourself - remember...it's supposed to be about *FUN*; not worrying about what anyone else thinks or looking for/needing approval from anyone!

ENJOY YOUR STAY!

We're glad that you're here  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

brunauss

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 01:14:55 pm »
I too have encountered gamers ranging from 50 to 60 years in age. I meself am 40 and been gaming steadily since age 8. I don't fuss much over damaged discs, unless they have actual gashes in them. Otherwise its nothing my J&J Disc Resurfacer can't fix.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer