Author Topic: Truly Massive Video Game Collection  (Read 6742 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Truly Massive Video Game Collection
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2013, 09:11:04 am »
I always enjoy disgaeniac's posts beacause of the exciting and colorful use of text modifiers.  Just wanted to throw that out there.

:o

It's kinda' a "Love-it-or-hate-it" sort of thing -some tell me how much they like it -and- others seem to strongly dislike it; MEH/whatever...

Sometimes it's just my "inner child" saying "Look! Look!", I guess, other times it's strictly for/from EMPHASIS/Passion -and- the rest of the time...I may just be a bit buzzed from my pain-management meds :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2013, 01:45:02 am »
EDIT: I used the wrong topic  ::)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 02:22:50 am by elraiser »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2013, 02:16:46 am »
I think you hit the wrong thread.  Not a big deal, just a heads up.
Nice pick ups either way.

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2013, 02:22:19 am »
YEah right sorry for that. Gonna modify it imediately ;)

sin2beta

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2013, 03:24:07 am »
A youtuber I follow by the name of NinjaBearHug posted a video about fullset collecting. He has a full Master System and Mega Drive (minus a box) PAL set. Anyways, he talks about when he first got on the internet getting a bunch of flak from other collectors. I think what he says can easily be applied to the video from the original post.

Anyways, I found it interesting. I find a lot of truth in what he says. And I have definitely seen what he mentions. This thread and its original one are full of examples. I suggest watching the video. It's interesting.

Anyways, he says things better than I could.

To summarize what he says: you collect for the joy of collecting, Collecting and gaming are different things. You can get a lot of enjoyment from collecting,

« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 03:25:39 am by sin2beta »
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

ffxik

« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2013, 04:49:23 am »
I deeply enjoy both.  My collection consists of games that either I'm curious about or already know I'm going to enjoy.  The bad thing is I have some filler games that I really do enjoy.  Sports games that I don't enjoy.  My hoarder side kicks in and I have trouble getting rid of a lot of stuff. 

I don't have that problem with games.  I could care less about complete collections.  Hardware on the other hand.  I do lover collecting system variations, well as long as it's a major cosmetic change.  Color change not so much.