Author Topic: June 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 21935 times)

Re: June 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2013, 10:27:27 pm »
Ill say that right now theflea is 50% complete. As far as I know, the most legit number of PS2 NA games is 1991.
that's a lot of games also theflea has to get the three other barbie games ;D
i want him to complete the one he has.
Thanks to everyone for the support, and yes I still need a few Barbie games for PS2, they would go great with my many other barbie games.  ::)
I think I have found a couple of those other Barbie games but I passed them up, Shoot i'd be over 1000 now if I just bought every PS2 games I ever found I didn't have. But I usually pass if they are incomplete, disc/insert/book is in bad shape or overpriced.
And did you know there is one Barbie game that is considered rare and sells for $20-$50?
Also I've only found a PAL game once at a garage sale and it was Barbie and the 12 Princesses (no I didn't buy it).

These are what I call "filler titles". Games I don't really care to play but I can check them off my list. (mostly kids and sport games)  heck my PS2 shelf only holds about 700 games, so I only display the games People want to play. The rest are in a closet.
did you ever post photos of your game room?
id love to see it

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2013, 11:15:42 pm »
I got a fistful of Dreamcast games today for a cool $20

Sonic Acventure (Sega AllStars)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Sega Smash Pack Volume 1
Royal Rumble
Phantasy Star Online

theflea

« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2013, 01:06:35 pm »
Ill say that right now theflea is 50% complete. As far as I know, the most legit number of PS2 NA games is 1991.
that's a lot of games also theflea has to get the three other barbie games ;D
i want him to complete the one he has.
Thanks to everyone for the support, and yes I still need a few Barbie games for PS2, they would go great with my many other barbie games.  ::)
I think I have found a couple of those other Barbie games but I passed them up, Shoot i'd be over 1000 now if I just bought every PS2 games I ever found I didn't have. But I usually pass if they are incomplete, disc/insert/book is in bad shape or overpriced.
And did you know there is one Barbie game that is considered rare and sells for $20-$50?
Also I've only found a PAL game once at a garage sale and it was Barbie and the 12 Princesses (no I didn't buy it).

These are what I call "filler titles". Games I don't really care to play but I can check them off my list. (mostly kids and sport games)  heck my PS2 shelf only holds about 700 games, so I only display the games People want to play. The rest are in a closet.
did you ever post photos of your game room?
id love to see it
No not on this site. Last time I took pic's of my game room was when a local store was holding a contest on pic's of peoples game collections, when I entered they canceled the contest saying no one was entering once they saw mine. lol
One of these days I'm gonna do a game room tour and put it on youtube, I'll let ya know when I do.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2013, 01:16:33 pm »
I got a fistful of Dreamcast games today for a cool $20

Sonic Acventure (Sega AllStars)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Sega Smash Pack Volume 1
Royal Rumble
Phantasy Star Online

I pictured Clint Eastwood saying this.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2013, 01:24:31 pm »
I got The Witcher for only $9.99 at Target with a gift card I got for my birthday.

Glad I found it, because Target's electronics department selection is freaking pathetic. I wanted to get a CD, but the "Rock" (also metal) section wasn't even an entire half of an aisle. I eneded up also getting a copy of Batman Beyond: Return of The Joker on DVD.

« Reply #155 on: June 23, 2013, 04:06:44 pm »
So I recently got an offer for my Saturn collection, a very good offer.  Sold off about 150 titles and both my systems.  I've been playing the thing for years, played through almost all the titles and tons of imports.  What a wonderful system!  But it's time to start on something fresh, I'm now working on PS1.  I wanted to concentrate on another system with tons of import options, so it was ps1 or ps2.  I decided to go with ps1, it's the system I had in high school.  Here are my newest pickups!

sin2beta

« Reply #156 on: June 23, 2013, 05:47:02 pm »
I actually had a pretty decent haul at the Screw Attack Gaming Con. This surprised me given the prices I saw. But there was a booth with some SMS games toward the back. They weren't listed at that great or bad of prices. But I decided to ask if I took 6 games, would he take $20 for them. I considered this a fair offer. And the seller took it. I think he knew that it is a seller's market for Nintendo and Sony. But nobody but a few care about the master system. He even said, he'd like to see someone pick up the games for the forgotten system. Anyways, for $20:

Fantasy Zone
Zillion 2
Columns
Dick Tracy
Altered Beast
The Ninja

The Ninja actually plays like a shmup, but instead of a spaceship shooting lasers, you are a ninja shooting throwing stars. It's a nice game.

I also picked up several DVDs and got them signed. I don't really care about DVDs or autographs. Especially for youtube people. But I kind of consider them similar to going to an indie band concert. If you like them, buy something of theirs because that is their living and devoted a lot of time. Anyways, I got the following signed:

Talking Classics with Keith Apicary - I'm not a big fan (at least before), but he is the nicest guy. He was always on the show floor or in the game room talking with people. After seeing and meeting with the guy, I can't help but like him. He unfortunately broke his ankle, though (or at least damaged it really bad. He jumped from the balcony during his music show, proceeded to do the whole show hopping on one foot with a stage full of fans, then went to the hospital in a wheelchair.
AVGN DVD - Signed by James Rolfe and Mike Mattei. James was just super busy the whole show. Any time I saw him in the hall he was always walking really fast getting somewhere. Seemed nice, but definitely the most popular guy there. Mike Mattei was awesome. From the AVGN videos it always seemed like James was the guy who knew the most. This definitely seems to be an act. It seems a lot of the games come from Mike's collection and he is definitely the collector. I gained a lot of respect for the guy.
Pat the NES Punk - I was a big fan of the videos he did and got it signed. No revelations about the guy though.

Biggest surprise = Nathan Barnatt/ Keith Apicary. Also I was surprised at how much I liked listening to Adam Sessler and Jim Stirling. Those are some smart/funny guys.

I'm now 2 games away from 50 sms games. A few weeks ago I only had 17. But man, I've found some good deals. I'm near 50% of the US library now. I might hit up EBay...
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2013, 06:25:27 pm »
I picked up

Top Gear Rally        N64
Harry Potter           GBA
Fairly Odd Parents GBA
Looney Tunes        GBC

All for about $2 a cart from the thrift store. I waited 2 days to get them half off and they were still there. One of the thrift store near me has 50% off on Sunday if you have the a coupon. You get a coupon from buying something during the week even on Sundays.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2013, 06:37:45 pm »
Flea Market today

$2 (Disc only)
PS2- Half-life
PS3- Dark Souls

$12
PS3-Uncharted 3
PS3GH- Army of two: the 40th day
Blue PS3 controller
Camo PS3 controller

soera

« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2013, 08:48:14 pm »
$12
Blue PS3 controller
Camo PS3 controller

This would make me happy. I look for extra PS3 controllers everywhere I go.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2013, 03:10:16 am »
I'm downloading Fable III right now. I got it free with an XBox Live Gold Subscription, which was on special for $1 for only a month. So I basically just got Fable III for $1!

blipcs76

« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2013, 09:54:57 am »
Only one game this weekend.  Found at a garage sale:

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest - Factory sealed!!!

Paid $50 for it.  I couldn't justify the price when I first saw it, but I looked up its value when I got home (no smartphone) to make sure I wasn't overpaying and went back to pick it up along with an N64 they had for $10.  They suspected I looked it up and asked what it was worth; 3 of the 4 box edges (spines) were moderately bent, so I said in this condition around $75.  It's probably more accurately about $125-$150 based on what I saw on eBay -- so I spent the rest of the day feeling guilty for telling them it was only selling for $75 :(  I still feel bad about it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 12:19:15 pm by blipcs76 »

atariboy

« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2013, 11:59:40 am »
My Finds over the past few weekends:

Console:
Atari XE Game System with keyboard - Missing power Supply

PS2:
Sega Classics Collection
Dark Cloud 2
Killzone - Demo Disc
Buzz! Junior Robo Jam
Buzz! The Hollywood Quiz
Konami Kids Playground: Alphabet Circus
Konami Kids Playground: Frogger

Wii:
SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1

Genesis:
Thunder Force II

Super Mario Galaxy Official Soundtrack
40-50 Instruction Manuals for NES, SNES, Gameboy and Gameboy advance Games.
Wii Carry Bag
DS Carry Bag
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

foxhack

« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2013, 03:05:32 pm »
Not counting my recent indie bundle purchases...

Left Behind 3: Rise of the Antichrist for PC. Brand new, cost me a dollar. I already have parts one and two, and now I'm only missing part four (which apparently exists?)

« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2013, 04:23:12 pm »
I actually had a pretty decent haul at the Screw Attack Gaming Con. This surprised me given the prices I saw. But there was a booth with some SMS games toward the back. They weren't listed at that great or bad of prices. But I decided to ask if I took 6 games, would he take $20 for them. I considered this a fair offer. And the seller took it. I think he knew that it is a seller's market for Nintendo and Sony. But nobody but a few care about the master system. He even said, he'd like to see someone pick up the games for the forgotten system. Anyways, for $20:

Fantasy Zone
Zillion 2
Columns
Dick Tracy
Altered Beast
The Ninja

The Ninja actually plays like a shmup, but instead of a spaceship shooting lasers, you are a ninja shooting throwing stars. It's a nice game.

I also picked up several DVDs and got them signed. I don't really care about DVDs or autographs. Especially for youtube people. But I kind of consider them similar to going to an indie band concert. If you like them, buy something of theirs because that is their living and devoted a lot of time. Anyways, I got the following signed:

Talking Classics with Keith Apicary - I'm not a big fan (at least before), but he is the nicest guy. He was always on the show floor or in the game room talking with people. After seeing and meeting with the guy, I can't help but like him. He unfortunately broke his ankle, though (or at least damaged it really bad. He jumped from the balcony during his music show, proceeded to do the whole show hopping on one foot with a stage full of fans, then went to the hospital in a wheelchair.
AVGN DVD - Signed by James Rolfe and Mike Mattei. James was just super busy the whole show. Any time I saw him in the hall he was always walking really fast getting somewhere. Seemed nice, but definitely the most popular guy there. Mike Mattei was awesome. From the AVGN videos it always seemed like James was the guy who knew the most. This definitely seems to be an act. It seems a lot of the games come from Mike's collection and he is definitely the collector. I gained a lot of respect for the guy.
Pat the NES Punk - I was a big fan of the videos he did and got it signed. No revelations about the guy though.

Biggest surprise = Nathan Barnatt/ Keith Apicary. Also I was surprised at how much I liked listening to Adam Sessler and Jim Stirling. Those are some smart/funny guys.

I'm now 2 games away from 50 sms games. A few weeks ago I only had 17. But man, I've found some good deals. I'm near 50% of the US library now. I might hit up EBay...

Thanks a lot for the feedback, buddy! :)