Author Topic: v2 Beta bug report thread  (Read 11410 times)

ffxik

Re: v2 Beta bug report thread
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2013, 02:30:50 am »
Anybody have any ideas on what I can do to try to get that window to actually display correctly.  I can only see half of it. 

Since I'm guessing the remove button is on the right hand side of that panel I can't remove things form my collection.  I need to delete a copy of G-Darius.

Thanks in advance.

At this point, not much since the new site requires a resolution of 700ish pixels. I'm going to be addressing this in 2 way. 1) refactor that side so it has a scroll bar. 2) add edit and delete to the item pages. Unfortunately I'm going out of town so that won't happen until next week.

I'm in no real hurry.  I was just wanting to know if it was on my side and it is. :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2013, 09:42:24 am »
I found something interesting...

As all readers here know, I've been having trouble deleting a game from my collection - decided to give it another shot this morning.

So, I

- Logged-in,

- went to "collection",

- went to "PS2",

- went to "PS2 games NA", and went to

- "Page 3" (the item I wanted to delete was about 1/2 down this page).

What I found interesting was:  The very top item displayed on the page, had the 'normal' box next to it w/ the option to "remove"; HOWEVER, when I clicked-on the next item down (or any other item on that page)...the box (w/ "remove") would flash on-screen for about a second...then...go right to the "Bad Data/Edit" page; thus, losing my option/ability to remove  :o

Now, 'cause I'm cool like dat :)

Once I figured this out - the race (to click-on the item I wanted to delete, and have my mouse's arrow ready & waiting on the spot that would flash "remove" for 1 SECOND; to click-on & delete the item before it disappeared again) was on  >:(

Nailed that son-of-a-bitch on my 2nd or 3rd try :)

Anyone else having problems deleting from their collections...check to see if this is also the case for you...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2013, 11:50:24 am »
I'm *NOT* Paranoid; really!

I'm being followed  :o

ATM - my profile shows that I have "Followers"  ;D

What, exactly does this mean -and- IDENTIFY Yourselves; Minions!

(*seriously*), when I click-on it...it doesn't show who you are  8)

+ (maybe) I'd wanna follow some people, too  ;)

pacpix

« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2013, 05:15:39 pm »
I am always following you Disgaeniac...

Always
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2013, 07:33:35 pm »
And now I can't edit dates on games. WTF?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2013, 09:30:43 am »
I am always following you Disgaeniac...

Always

you're allowed  ;)

foxhack

« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2013, 12:17:51 am »
Apparently neither the release date nor the box text is being entered when submitting new items. But if you edit the item, you can add the box text via an edit. The dates can't be fixed.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2013, 05:15:05 pm »
So I'm trying to delete Kirby's Dream Collection from my collection, because I just traded it away, and I can't. The details are so long that the "Remove" button is below the page, and the details box that's on the left side of the screen can't scroll down.

I was in Internet Explorer first, then I switched to Firefox, and I had the same problem in both browsers.

matt

« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2013, 09:06:12 am »
So I'm trying to delete Kirby's Dream Collection from my collection, because I just traded it away, and I can't. The details are so long that the "Remove" button is below the page, and the details box that's on the left side of the screen can't scroll down.

I was in Internet Explorer first, then I switched to Firefox, and I had the same problem in both browsers.

I've been away all weekend but plan on tackling this issue this week. I already did some experimenting with adding a scroll bar to that side when the content takes up too much space. Hopefully I'll have a solution soon.

desocietas

« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2013, 12:52:18 pm »
Apparently neither the release date nor the box text is being entered when submitting new items. But if you edit the item, you can add the box text via an edit. The dates can't be fixed.

I ran into this issue this morning with Tales of Xillia.  Does the information get sent to the site at all (perhaps to be approved in some way) or do I have to resubmit it as an "edit"?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2013, 02:18:19 pm »
Adding the info via edits works now. But it still doesn't work when submitting a new entry.

desocietas

« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2013, 05:21:01 pm »
Adding the info via edits works now. But it still doesn't work when submitting a new entry.

Ok, good to know.  Thanks!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2013, 05:51:43 pm »
I just realized we no longer have achievement "medals" on our profiles anymore.  :(

« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2013, 10:02:32 pm »
Here's an odd one - I was browsing my SNES collection and it told me I had 3 pages. The 3rd page happened to have very few items, maybe 1.  On the 2nd page I deleted a game, and then tried to go to page 3 and got a PHP SQL error - basically it said a simple select statement was broken but really the query returned no rows.  When I clicked back in my browser (FF 22) it took me to the cached page 2, when I pressed F5 only then did my page 2 update and the 3rd page disappeared (i.e. the option of a 3rd page was gone, navigation bar showed prev-1-2-next instead of prev-1-2-3-next as before).  Also a few games appeared in the middle of Page 2 that *I swear* were not there before (but should have been) once the page refreshed.

Presumably I had only 1 game on page 3 and deleting a game on page 2 removed the need for a page 3 but the current page 2 I was viewing did not update to reflect that.  Also, an SQL error should show a nice page not a PHP error page IMHO.

jcalder8

« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2013, 11:33:25 pm »
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but the bottom of the page does not show up for me so I can't see the buttons at the bottom to Add to Collection and whatever the other ones say.