Author Topic: VGCollect version 2 - update  (Read 2481 times)

matt

VGCollect version 2 - update
« on: July 05, 2013, 02:03:39 pm »
Those other threads were getting a bit out of hand so I decided to create a new one. It's been a few days and it looks like things are finally starting to settle down a bit. Thanks for all the feedback, bug tracking and feature requests. Here is a short recap of items that were just addressed today:

• Wish List: move to Collection button is back
  • Collection: edit of Purchased Date now works
  • Wish List/Sell List: Added item counts to navigation
  • Wish List/Sell List: Added Sell List and Wish List counts. This allows you to see how many users are selling a game on your wish list and vice versa. (the actual details and usernames will be added to the item pages shortly)
  • Wish List/Sell List/Collection: Moved item counts to the beginning of the category so you can always see them. Also added a title tag so if you hover over a long cat you can see the full name.
  • Wish List/Sell List/Collection/Browse:  fixed the pagination, added it to the bottom of Browse
  • Item: Box art is now clickable
  • Item: visual confirmation when you add to your lists from the item pages

I'm moving on to some other bugs and missing features and will keep everyone updated when things go live.

Thanks again!

<3
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 03:33:14 pm by matt »

haloofthesun

Re: VGCollect version 2 - update
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 02:58:35 pm »
Thanks for all your hard work!

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 03:05:38 pm »
Thanks for all the hard work! It's great to see things getting added and fixed so quickly

theflea

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 04:57:21 pm »
You still need to have a note that we have item in our collection on both browse lists and main game page.

Also you need to put links on wish/sell list users. and have PM link on peoples pages so if we want to contact them.

thanks
"Happy game hunting!!!"

matt

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 05:26:23 pm »
You still need to have a note that we have item in our collection on both browse lists and main game page.

Also you need to put links on wish/sell list users. and have PM link on peoples pages so if we want to contact them.

thanks

All of those are on the to-do list. The first one is a bit tricky due to a large database so I'm just researching the most efficient way to handle it.

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 10:44:13 pm »
so impressed with the new site, looks incredible... now get some ads up so we can start making you money... :)

-dont forget about the settings page :p

matt

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 11:44:12 pm »
so impressed with the new site, looks incredible... now get some ads up so we can start making you money... :)

-dont forget about the settings page :p

ha well I'll add some ads space once we get everything up and running! I think they are only going to go on the item pages and not really any of the functional and/or collection pages. Another source of income will be eBay and Amazon referral links. Going to work on getting those up and running on the item pages next week.

matt

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 11:49:35 pm »
P.S. - I'm really surprised that not a single person has mentioned the missing badges!

scott

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 11:54:22 pm »
THE BADGES ARE MISSING!

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 12:08:57 am »
not sure if this is part of the, or any, plan... but I was thinking it would be cool to have some rank to see what the most rare(by amount of people have in their collections) items are for each system.  I liked in the old layout how when I added an item I would see, xxx people have this in their collection.  I would always get excited when the number was low(even it was due to undesirableness lol).  I think you had mentioned that you are working on adding that back to item pages, with some DB optimization thoughts, but I was thinking of having a 'search' to see top rare games per (system, year, or any other filters).  Tell me if this post made no sense.

atariboy

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 12:22:13 am »
P.S. - I'm really surprised that not a single person has mentioned the missing badges!

We were letting you get the important stuff worked out  ;) but now that you mention it, I WANT MY BADGES!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 05:06:40 pm »
Pardon if this sounds silly..but I can't seem to find a place to delete a game on my list. Any help?

soera

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 05:07:58 pm »
I had that problem myself. For some reason, it showed me with 2 copies of Rescue rangers 2. You have to go to the main page and relog in. Then you can do it.

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 05:09:55 pm »
I had that problem myself. For some reason, it showed me with 2 copies of Rescue rangers 2. You have to go to the main page and relog in. Then you can do it.

Sweet, thanks for the help.

matt

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 11:32:18 pm »
The Settings page is back!

Not everything is listed there yet but you can update your password and email.

Export is back!

This is on the settings page as well. I haven't fully tested it but I think it's good to go.