Author Topic: Free game: Broken Sword Director's Cut at GOG.com (ends Oct. 1)  (Read 1683 times)

foxhack

Free game: Broken Sword Director's Cut at GOG.com (ends Oct. 1)
« on: September 29, 2011, 10:28:13 pm »
I know a lot of you folks aren't PC players, but I figured you'd be interested in this too!

To celebrate GOG's six million game downloads, they partnered up with Revolution Studios and are giving away a free copy of Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars until October 1st.

Check it out. You have to sign up but you'll get a free copy if you "buy" the game so it's added to your library. There's also six other free games here.

jobocan

Re: Free game: Broken Sword Director's Cut at GOG.com (ends Oct. 1)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 10:30:51 pm »
Oh, I didn't know there was a time limit to this offer, thank you for pointing it out.

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 10:47:43 pm »
Already added the game to my collection, sadly my backlog just keeps getting bigger and bigger so it's going to be a while until I play it.

I've actually never heard of the game before, is it any good?

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 11:08:00 pm »
Already added the game to my collection, sadly my backlog just keeps getting bigger and bigger so it's going to be a while until I play it.

... I guess? ^^;

The game made the dev famous, and a Wii port of this game was released, so...

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 11:21:10 pm »

Can't say anything for the Director's Cut, but I played the original back in the day on the PS1 and loved it.  Classic point-and-click, but they did an impressive job with the voicework.  Definitely worth a look!  It kind of shows it's age now, but the writing is pretty decent and can be "action-packed" at times.  I thought the animation with the port was good as well.  Every once in a while, I try to go back and play it again, so that's gotta means something, right?

Thanks, @foxhack!  I'll definitely be adding this to the PC this evening.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 11:43:08 pm »
Ah, so I'll give it a little more priority. I'm terrible at point-and-click games, but I do love them. Thanks for the info guys :)

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 12:24:03 am »
Yeah, I kinda consider the game (and its sequels) a classic, much like The Longest Journey.   Don't have to play it now but should give it a try sometime.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas