Author Topic: Dreamcast 2 Project.  (Read 2705 times)

brunauss

SWFL Werewolf Gamer

sin2beta

Re: Dreamcast 2 Project.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 07:30:44 pm »
Check these sources out. The dream lives again.

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqyEhVwl2MI&list=PL09zq4AF4gQZZ9rHo0T6JiWGjnZmrounf

News and words from Sega themselves:
http://ibeatitfirst.com/sega-announces-a-return-to-consoles-with-the-dreamcast-2-codenamed-saisei/

Did you notice the disclaimer at the end of the article stating '"april fools"?
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

thomascozine

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 08:05:56 pm »
Also, even if it were true why then would Sega recently get into an exclusive partnership with Nintendo for 3 Sonic games? http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2013/05/20/sega-partners-with-nintendo-for-sonic-relea/1 Wouldn't Sega want their own mascot as a launch title?

brunauss

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 02:49:32 pm »
Sorry for the belated response. Been busy with some stuff that has reminded me once again why I was smart to abandon PC gaming, with the exception of a select few titles.

Yes I did see the "April Fools" at the end of the article. but considering the very nature of modern American English, the context can be easily distorted any number of ways. In light of the recent agreement with Nintendo, perhaps Sega is planning something that is nothing new in Japanese business. Hostile Takeover anyone? Sega may have absolutely no hardware strength outside Japan. But within the borders, Nintendo is beginning to feel the pressure, because they refuse to diversify like Sega has.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

scott

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 02:55:48 pm »
Nintendo / Sega merger? Wouldn't that make all the 90s gamers freak out.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 11:22:40 pm »
That'd be less of a merger and more of a murder of Sega.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 03:20:31 am »
That'd be less of a merger and more of a murder of Sega.

Come now, I think Nintendo would treat Sega IPs with respect and it could be entirely possible that we see reinvigorated games that actually strengthen certain franchises....  Say what you will, but Nintendo knows how to make a good game, even if it does not resonate with a player on a personal level....

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 02:37:45 pm »
Yes I did see the "April Fools" at the end of the article. but considering the very nature of modern American English, the context can be easily distorted any number of ways.

From the article:

*UPDATE*

There seems to be some confusion about this article still.  Just to clarify everything, this was an April Fools joke, notice the LOL and the publish date in the below picture.

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 02:57:28 pm »
Come now, I think Nintendo would treat Sega IPs with respect and it could be entirely possible that we see reinvigorated games that actually strengthen certain franchises....  Say what you will, but Nintendo knows how to make a good game, even if it does not resonate with a player on a personal level....
They can't even respect their own franchises, what makes you think they'd respect the ones created by their biggest rival from back in the day?

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 01:02:20 am »
They can't even respect their own franchises, what makes you think they'd respect the ones created by their biggest rival from back in the day?

Clearly we view this topic quite differently....  While there is an exception to every rule, the overwhelming majority of Nintendo first party titles are quality games with sales backings to prove it....  Even if they are fans of branching an IP into several different genres, that does not mean the games are of less quality....  Mario may have 50 Wii titles, but they are almost all good....  Even the ones that are ridiculous at face value like Mario Sports Mix end being extensively fun....  If I'm overlooking something major please do tell, because I am honestly drawing a blank here....