Author Topic: Unlicenced NES Games  (Read 1775 times)

nintendojuggalo

Unlicenced NES Games
« on: October 26, 2011, 12:47:28 pm »
I was wondering where do these games fit in (Tengen, Color Dream, Camerica, etc.)? Should they be considered official releases or given their own category?

scott

Re: Unlicenced NES Games
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 01:12:05 pm »
It seems the Tengen carts have been listed as Official Releases. Tengen only released 3 Licensed games for the NES; Gauntlet, Pac-Man and RBI Baseball. The rest, considering they are unlicensed games, we should probably change them to Unofficial Releases; like Wisdom Tree's games such as Joshua: The Battle of Jericho. All licensed, unlicensed, demo and homebrew games are listed with the Official NES games in the NES section and once we get the advance search running it will make things easier to find/ sift through.  

Also the Tengen games  have all been listed like this:After Burner (Tengen - Black Cartridge)

nintendojuggalo

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 01:51:47 pm »
Awesome. As I'm adding my collection I'll do my part as well.

matt

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 04:18:49 pm »
@nintendojuggalo I have been noticing and approving a lot of your edits. I just want to say thanks for all the submissions. Hope to see you around the forums often!

nintendojuggalo

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 11:13:52 pm »
I will try if there's time. As for my contributions, I'm doing this as I'm digging out my NES collection and organizing them is big plastic cases... the cardboard boxes don't cut it no more. I have 648 NES games... it could take a while. lol

madmax

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 12:38:36 am »
Wow 648 games?!

Are you gonna add them all to your collection on VGCollect over time?

I'd really like to see a picture of your collection :)

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 07:20:41 pm »
648! Damn got me beat... lol

does that include doubles?

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 07:26:47 pm »
I was looking at nintendojuggalo's collection and noticed he has some multicarts.

Are we going to catalog those too? I mean, there's a ridiculous amount of multicarts out there. There's no way we could possibly document all.

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 07:48:06 pm »
Assuming the owners input them accordingly, why not? I have a pirate multicart in my list as well.

foxhack

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 07:56:29 pm »
Assuming the owners input them accordingly, why not? I have a pirate multicart in my list as well.

Oh, so we can list almost unique items like that? Okay, cool, I thought it wasn't allowed.

scott

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 08:00:59 pm »
I'm not sure, @matt and I had talked a little about hacks/bootlegs etc. I'm currently unsure of what the stance is on it, since we haven't had a chance to talk at length.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 08:10:04 pm »
Pirate carts from the golden era of VideoGames aren't quite like the bootlegs of today. Also what of people who want to keep track what Repro games they have purchased(FF3 or Earth Bound Zero on NES anyone)?

I dunno... at the end of the day its @matt that gets to make the call.

*edit*
Another example
http://vgcollect.com/item/13643

This bootleg sells @ $60+ :/

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 07:16:43 pm »
It seems the Tengen carts have been listed as Official Releases. Tengen only released 3 Licensed games for the NES; Gauntlet, Pac-Man and RBI Baseball.

Tengen also released Shinobi. This is the only Tengen game I own apart from the ones you mentioned. Is it possible there is more?

Edit: I misunderstood, you where talking about officials. My bad!

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 08:45:41 pm »
I went through and changed a bunch to unofficial... I may have missed some and will go back through later.