Author Topic: I'm running out of Hard Drive space for my Xbox 360. I need more space!  (Read 1027 times)

argusfrost

I'm sure that all of you more experienced gamers out there know of methods to expand the HD size on the XBox 360. 

Sure, I could google search all terms and find a more than satisfactory answer, but I want to ask a community of video game collectors about their methods and setups for their XBox 360s as they began to run out of space.

Why ask around here?  Because you all seem very knowledgeable and polite.

I thank you in advance.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

You can use flash drives for memory, and Xbox Live offers you your own Cloud Drive space.

sin2beta

Yeah, depending on the size that you have, upgrade and then just use flash drives. They support up to 32 gigs now. Which that is a decent amount of space. You may need several flash drives down the road. But it'll work. Kind of like memory cards...
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

Re: I'm running out of Hard Drive space for my Xbox 360. I need more space!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 05:38:00 pm »
Which Xbox 360 are you talking about? I know the older ones have a removeable HDD on top and I assume you could just take it off and put another one in. Not sure about the Slim, though. Or, like the others said, you can always use flashdrives.

theflea

Re: I'm running out of Hard Drive space for my Xbox 360. I need more space!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 01:23:01 pm »
Slims do have removable hard drives, they just slide out the back. There's like one screw you remove and pull it out.

I'm guessing you have a low GB HD, I came close to filling my 120GB HD on my model 1 XB360 then found a Slim at a Garage sale with a 320GB HD and transferred everything over and now use that. 

If you have a Model 1 you can upgrade to a 250GB HD but you'll have to check out used game stores to find one now a days.
If its a slim, pretty much the same, most used game stores sell HD's just find one that's at least 250GB - 320GB. I used 250-320GB HD usually sells for $30-$50. Due note you're going to need a transfer cable to move your data to the new HD. especially if its an older version.

But if you have a 250-320GB HD and have it filled it, odds are you have downloaded a ton of Full Games, DLC and movies that take up a ton of space, then you'll have to manage your storage and delete what you don't use anymore. You can re-download anything that you buy on your account. But I don't recommend deleting any promo DLC you picked up. a lot of those are removed and can't be re-downloaded later. (some can and others you'll have to pay for it.)
You may be able to use the Cloud to store extra Games, DLC & movies, but I personally have no experience using the Cloud. 

A flashdrive works for game saves, but your not gonna be able to transfer games, DLC and movies to it. Most game saves don't eat up a ton on HD space unless you have a ton of games like i do. lol
And some games will not let you transfer to any memory device.

I knew a guy that had a 20GB HD for years and he was always managing his saves and DLC. Deleting anything he didn't play anymore.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 01:26:42 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"