Author Topic: Avengers 2 Title and Villain Revealed  (Read 1834 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Avengers 2 Title and Villain Revealed
« on: July 21, 2013, 02:11:28 pm »

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46800

SDCC: Marvel Unveils Logo for Whedon's "Avengers: Age of Ultron"

Earlier this evening, Marvel Studios and Joss Whedon surprised fans in Hall H at Comic-Con International by unveiling the title -- and villain -- of the final movie in Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe: "Avengers: Age of Ultron." Now, the studio follows up with the debut of the logo for what is undoubtedly the most anticipated movie from Marvel to date.

So then my question is, what the hell happened with Thanos being the main villain?

foxhack

Re: Avengers 2 Title and Villain Revealed
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 02:36:54 pm »
Nooooooooooooo not Ultron

THEY'RE NOT GOING TO INCLUDE HANK PYM, WE WANT HANK PYM WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. :(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 02:59:35 pm »

Hank Pym created Ultron in the comics, so there's a pretty good chance you'll see him.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 05:57:48 pm »
I've enjoyed the Age of Ultron story arc, but I'm rather surprised to see it transitioning to the silver screen so soon.

Hopefully WB/DC will get their butt into gear and start spitting out some quality movies like Disney/Marvel has been doing. There's tons of fantastic content from both publishers waiting to be tapped.

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 06:04:33 pm »

Hank Pym created Ultron in the comics, so there's a pretty good chance you'll see him.
THERE IS NO HANK PYM.

We're doing our own version of the origin story for Ultron. In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not. We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83845#6Bb12ZsW2YMsLAXX.99

Words cannot express my rage at this. They can't. THEY CAN'T.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 06:07:20 pm »
THERE IS NO HANK PYM.

WHAT?!

That's like saying Spider-Man got his powers from an irradiated tadpole. It just doesn't work.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 06:57:13 pm »

THERE IS NO HANK PYM.

We're doing our own version of the origin story for Ultron. In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not. We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83845#6Bb12ZsW2YMsLAXX.99

Words cannot express my rage at this. They can't. THEY CAN'T.

Hmm. I'm interested to see what they'll do instead. Tony Stark or Bruce Banner become his creator maybe?

madmax

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 04:56:40 am »

So then my question is, what the hell happened with Thanos being the main villain?

I believe Thanos is supposed to be the main villain and thus will be in the 3rd movie of the series.

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 12:38:12 pm »
Thats interesting they would pick Ultron. I read that Ultron is usually the fallback plan for Avengers comics for when they run out of ideas. Then they do an Ultron story which always ends up with Ultron almost winning, then the good guys win and that gives the writers enough time to write new stories.

blipcs76

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 01:53:11 pm »
I've heard that Thanos is now going to be the villain (or one of them) from the Guardians of the Galaxy film next summer.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 01:55:40 pm »
Thats interesting they would pick Ultron. I read that Ultron is usually the fallback plan for Avengers comics for when they run out of ideas. Then they do an Ultron story which always ends up with Ultron almost winning, then the good guys win and that gives the writers enough time to write new stories.

You speak as if Ultron is a B-villain. Ultron stories are always great! That's why he's one of their greatest villains. The classic Ultron origin story, Annihilation: Conquest, Mighty Avenger's opening Storyarc with the female Ultron, Ultron Unleashed. Great stuff.

scott

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 02:00:32 pm »
That first arc in Mighty Avengers is one of the reasons I started buying that run. I was already heavily invested in New Avengers, but both series were sweet.

Then again, I really enjoyed the Skrull Invasion event too.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

tripredacus

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 03:42:30 pm »

You speak as if Ultron is a B-villain. Ultron stories are always great! That's why he's one of their greatest villains. The classic Ultron origin story, Annihilation: Conquest, Mighty Avenger's opening Storyarc with the female Ultron, Ultron Unleashed. Great stuff.

No I know about the character and isn't a B villian at all. Come to think of it, X-Men stories use Apocalypse in the same way.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 03:25:03 pm »
I've started hearing some rumblings that Pym will be involved in the creation of Ultron. Crisis averted?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 05:02:18 pm »
That first arc in Mighty Avengers is one of the reasons I started buying that run. I was already heavily invested in New Avengers, but both series were sweet.

Then again, I really enjoyed the Skrull Invasion event too.

Yeah, Secret Invasion was good. That was the last good "Event" at Marvel. There was a string of them that were great, then they just went downhill after Secret Invasion. Avengers: Disassembled, House of M, Civil War, Annihilation, Annihilation: Conquest, and Secret Invasion were all a good time!