Author Topic: Atari Auction is Done and Here is The Results  (Read 807 times)

htimreimer

Atari Auction is Done and Here is The Results
« on: July 23, 2013, 01:58:32 am »
master of orion and the total annihilation franchises have been bought by wargaming (world of tanks)

battlezone and moonbase commander have been bought by rebellion.

star control have been bought by stardock system (galactic civilizations) and a reboot in the works

backyard sports franchise have been bought by epic gear

math gran prix  and  fatty bear have been bought by tommo (ultimate shooting collection)

so what do you think of the auction so far?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:00:04 pm by htimreimer »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Atari Auction Has Started and Here is The Results (So Far)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 05:03:02 pm »
What's going on with the rights to Neverwinter Nights? I know there's the Neverwinter MMO, but it's not officially counted as part of the Neverwinter Nights series, just a similarity in name due to the city in Dungeons & Dragons.

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 07:45:08 pm »
What's going on with the rights to Neverwinter Nights? I know there's the Neverwinter MMO, but it's not officially counted as part of the Neverwinter Nights series, just a similarity in name due to the city in Dungeons & Dragons.
neverwinter nights is not on the auction block, so ether atari doesn't own the rights or they are keeping it

in other news, RCT series have not been sold, the price seem to be to high for most companies  but like THQ and darksiders, it more then likely that the price will go down

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 09:07:48 pm »
neverwinter nights is not on the auction block, so ether atari doesn't own the rights or they are keeping it

in other news, RCT series have not been sold, the price seem to be to high for most companies  but like THQ and darksiders, it more then likely that the price will go down

That's a shame if the license just falls into limbo. Those games are some of my favorite video games of all-time, and I'm not even a D&D guy.

htimreimer

Re: Atari Auction is Done and Here is The Results
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 11:23:20 pm »
here is the final results of the auction

humongous "franchise",math gran prix and fatty bear goes to tommo
master of orion and total annihilation franchises goes to wargaming
desperados franchise and silver (1999 ARPG) goes to nordic games
battlezone and moonbase commander goes to rebellion
star control franchise goes to stardock system
backyard sports franchise goes to epic gear

RCT,test drive and any other franchises are officially in limbo and there's no word on what's happening to them