Author Topic: Disgaea D2  (Read 1730 times)

Disgaea D2
« on: July 31, 2013, 06:12:00 pm »
I'm probably late to the party but I just found out a true sequel is coming out for the original Disgaea.  As a huge strategy rpg fan this is a must have for me.  I felt the original just had so much character and plenty of LoL moments.  When I get home I need to get the limited edition ordered!

http://nisamerica.com/games/disgaea_d2/

desocietas

Re: Disgaea D2
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 07:53:46 pm »
I found out too late to get the one with the included strategy guide, but it's a lot for me to drop anyway considering that I haven't played much more than a few hours of the first one (despite owning several titles in the franchise).

Still a pretty sweet looking LE, though.

Where's Disgaeaniac?  He'd love to talk more about this game, I'm sure :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 09:35:03 am »
My ears were ringing :P

@Deso/Varkias -

Not like odds are that good or anything -but- there's a link in a (pretty) recent post on the "VGCollect Anonymous/Misc" thread to a chance at a free copy of the LE (w/ the guide).

As for me...well...had all my pre-ordering done the 1st day it was up for pre-ordering!

(NOT that that will come as much of a surprise to anyone here:)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 11:54:04 am »
Sounds good, I'll check out the link.  Thanks!

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 01:31:37 am »
Funny how this is the first Disgaea I haven't really followed because I'm worn out on the series, and now it looks like it might end up being one of the best....  Just my friggin luck....  >.<'

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 10:14:42 am »
Funny how this is the first Disgaea I haven't really followed because I'm worn out on the series, and now it looks like it might end up being one of the best....  Just my friggin luck....  >.<'

Yeah, I feel ya, teck  8)

Although Disgaea & Shadow Hearts are, by far, my favorite 2 series - the Disgaea games (*Especially*, if you're like me, and go for ALL of the post-game content as well:) *Really* pretty much require a "cool-down" period (I think) due to the *MASSIVE* time investment + the amount of time necessary to 'study' and learn everything there is to know about how all of the (many & complex) systems in the game(s) work.

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 07:07:02 pm »
Oops, apparently I accidentally bought two copies of the Disgaea D2 hardbound strategy guide.  In case anyone's looking for one in the future....
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 04:41:11 pm »
Oops, apparently I accidentally bought two copies of the Disgaea D2 hardbound strategy guide.  In case anyone's looking for one in the future....

How interested I would have been in the past....  If I hadn't retired my strat guide collection I'm sure I would be all over it....

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 10:26:07 am »

How interested I would have been in the past....  If I hadn't retired my strat guide collection I'm sure I would be all over it....

Indeed!

I (*finally*) received my (*Delayed*) strat guides in yesterday's mail -and- I've just got to say that they're very impressive  ;D

Nicely bound, great-looking, and informative - gorgeous art work + it includes a free DLC code for another (in-game) play-able character *and* (1 of 3) awesome looking Lithograph prints!

Definitely keeping my 'extras' sealed...FWIW (I know, I know - not very fucking much:) I'm seeing this as a definite, high value & hard to find item in the near future (like the LUNAR guides were)...only bigger, better, and in hardcover  ;)

Oh yeah; as I was commenting before on the (what could be) an overwhelming learning-curve/sheer amount of knowledge of so many systems, arithmetic -and- of understanding how everything works...to new/virgin players of and to the series - the 1st (big/hardcover-sized) 60 pages, or so are what makes up "The Basics" chapter  :o
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:28:18 am by disgaeniac »

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 11:19:27 am »
Nicely bound, great-looking, and informative - gorgeous art work + it includes a free DLC code for another (in-game) play-able character *and* (1 of 3) awesome looking Lithograph prints!

Definitely keeping my 'extras' sealed...FWIW (I know, I know - not very fucking much:) I'm seeing this as a definite, high value & hard to find item in the near future (like the LUNAR guides were)...only bigger, better, and in hardcover  ;)

Oh, I'd forgotten all about the prints.  I'll have to check mine when I get home.  Also, your comments make me feel a bit better that I accidentally bought a dupe.  I figured someone will want it someday!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 01:00:37 pm »

Oh, I'd forgotten all about the prints.  I'll have to check mine when I get home.  Also, your comments make me feel a bit better that I accidentally bought a dupe.  I figured someone will want it someday!

Let me know when you see which print you have!

Yeah, IMO, if I were you, I wouldn't worry at all about being able to get your money back -but- you might wanna wait & see if you can double...or triple...your money by holding on to it for a bit  ;)

desocietas

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 01:15:31 pm »

Let me know when you see which print you have!

Yeah, IMO, if I were you, I wouldn't worry at all about being able to get your money back -but- you might wanna wait & see if you can double...or triple...your money by holding on to it for a bit  ;)

Already ahead of you! ;)  8)  And yeah, I'll definitely let you know about the prints.  Are they sealed inside of the books or just bundled with the packaging?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 02:04:55 pm »
You have to take the plastic seal off - they're inside of the book itself.

desocietas

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 02:29:50 pm »
You have to take the plastic seal off - they're inside of the book itself.

Aw, that sucks.  I was hoping at least one sealed for whomever may choose to buy it.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 01:02:47 am »

Oh yeah; as I was commenting before on the (what could be) an overwhelming learning-curve/sheer amount of knowledge of so many systems, arithmetic -and- of understanding how everything works...to new/virgin players of and to the series - the 1st (big/hardcover-sized) 60 pages, or so are what makes up "The Basics" chapter  :o

>60 pages
>"The Basics"

Totally noob friendly....