Author Topic: August 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 18373 times)

theflea

After a long day of Garage Sales here's what I picked up.

PS2
- True Crime: New York City ($1)

GBC
- Black Bass Lure Fishing ($1)

A Nintendo DSi (light blue) like new complete in the box for $30
A Nintendo DSI XL Super Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary edition for $20

Bought a NES and SNES lot for $40
Includes a complete NES and SNES.
- 2 Max controllers and 4 regular NES controllers.
NES
- Infiltrator
- Q*Bert
- Kickle Cubile
- Win Lose or Draw
- Pictionary
- Freedom Force
- Where's Waldo
- Eggpslode / Short Order
- Track & Field 2
- Gotcha!
- Alien Syndrome
- World Games
- Days of Thunder
SNES
- Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
- Super Mario World
- Super Mario Kart
- Madden NFL 94
- Madden NFL 97
- Super Play Action Football
- Super Scope 6
- 2 sets of controller extension cords
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:30:27 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

foxhack

Re: August 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 09:32:30 pm »
On Steam: Rage: The Scorchers DLC.

On real life: Arctic Stud Poker Run. Yes, really.

theflea

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 02:52:34 pm »
home from garage sales and I got 2 packages in the mail adding two new consoles to my collection.
One of them is one of the top 10 rarest game console now in my collection.

1st the sales and I found something that I never thought I'd see at a garage sale.

PS2
- Harley Davidson: Race to the Rally ($1)
- Hot Wheels: Beat That! ($1)

Wii
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii ($10)

N64 all 7 games where $10
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Body Harvest
- Star Wars: Episode I Racer
- Rampage 2
- Namco Museum 64
- Goldeneye 007
- Pokemon Stadium

Usually I pass on Leap Frog Handhelds but this one caught my eye and it felt more like a game system.
Both games play like normal games but have bonus stages where you have to match shapes, spelling words etc.
- LeapFrog Didj (Star Wars Clone Wars edition)
- Star Wars The Clone Wars
- Sonic The Hedgehog (CIB)

A Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 complete in box. Has both MW3 controllers and not for resale MW3 game. For $100 I couldnt pass it up.

2 Nintendo Figures from Japan mint in box. I don't usually hunt for action figures but for $2 each unopened I couldn't pass em up.
- Mario
- Donkey Kong

and last from the sales an item then when I saw it I knew I had to have.
I lifesize Kingdom Hearts Sora Keyblade prop. payed $5 for it.
Looks exactly like this one I found online.

Now what came in the mail.
1st a Game Console only released in Europe.
An Amstrad GX4000 came in box (box in rough shape) and came with one game Wild Streets.

And last the game console I've been hunting a long time for but was always outbid way over what I wanted to pay for one.
A Sega SG-1000 (model 1) in the box. This was the first Sega system ever made and is really rare to find.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 03:23:11 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 04:01:43 pm »
Dreamcast:

Grandia 2

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 04:09:57 pm »
And last the game console I've been hunting a long time for but was always outbid way over what I wanted to pay for one.
A Sega SG-1000 (model 1) in the box. This was the first Sega system ever made and is really rare to find.

Oh man! I'm so jealous! That's the only Sega system I've never played! I've even played a Pico, but not that. Congrats!

soera

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 04:45:45 pm »
Flea, you rock. I wish I had the luck you do.  Ive only had one good garage sale ... everything else has been nothing worth buying.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 05:18:32 pm »
for $7
N64- Aidyn Chronicles: the First Mage W/Box &manual

Then for 50 cents each
PS1- Digimon World 2
PS1- Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX
PS1- Road Rash
PS1- Spec Ops Stealth Patrol
PS1- Thrasher Presents Skate & destroy
PS1- Wargames Defcon 1
PS1GH- Air Combat
PS1GH- Ready 2 Rumble
NGC- Rocket Power Beach Bandits

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 08:27:40 pm »
Got these today at Goodwill, along with a Mudvayne CD (Lost & Found) and Return of the Living Dead, pretty damn good haul, IMO:

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 08:37:54 pm »
I got a boxed NES Action Set this afternoon for $20. The only problem is its not in the box and I can't figure out how it goes. Anyone have a good pic of how to pack this thing?

In further news

Boxed Coleco Telstar Alpha

MC Kids (nes)
Star Fox Assault (GCN)
Sonic Riders (GCN)

Chuck Rock II (GG)
Tasmania (GG)

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 08:53:35 pm »
Picked up these today.

N64 GameShark $4
GBA 3rd party Power Pack unopened $6

And probably the coolest Goodwill find ever. I was looking at the game area and my son was looking at the books. He says daddy here is a book for you. I look at it and there is no cover so as I turn it to look at the spine he said, "It's a Grateful Dead book". It being the day after the late Jerry Garcia birthday I found it pretty neat.

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 09:09:30 pm »
I just traded a friend all my old magic cards for this awesome thing, it was brand new never opened.

theflea

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 11:20:03 pm »

Oh man! I'm so jealous! That's the only Sega system I've never played! I've even played a Pico, but not that. Congrats!
I think the Pico and the Japan Mark III, is the only Sega systems i'm missing now. If your in the northern Illinois Area I'll be happy to let you try it out.  ;)
I'm so happy the controller works flawless, it's hardwired into the system and from what I hear breaks real easy.

Flea, you rock. I wish I had the luck you do.  Ive only had one good garage sale ... everything else has been nothing worth buying.
I'm surprised on what I find myself, with all the resellers in my area and everything.

I walked into my local game store today with that Keyblade over my shoulder and everyone wanted it. lol
No one could believe I picked up something like that from a Garage Sale.  :)
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 11:44:04 pm »
Truthfully, I wouldn't even bother with the Pico. It doesn't even really count as a real console. It's some crappy edutainment device like the Leapster but much more limited even because it was older.

theflea

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 01:33:26 am »
Truthfully, I wouldn't even bother with the Pico. It doesn't even really count as a real console. It's some crappy edutainment device like the Leapster but much more limited even because it was older.
I agree with you, I never counted the Pico or most any of the Edutainment systems as a part of the complete Game Console list.
The Pico is just an interactive book from what I've seen. The only Edutainment systems that I'm on the fence about counting as a Gaming Console are the V-Smiles and the DIDJ, just because they do play games, ya they are all crappy edutainment kid games but they are Video Games non the less.

I've seen many Console Lists that include the Pico, Socrates & V-Smiles. Only reason I ever picked these up was because they where so cheap. I only bought the Socrates because I found one brand new in box for $10. and the V-Smiles where $5 with a bunch of the games. So if i find a Pico for say $10-$20 with several of it's cart/books or it was new in box, ya I would grab it.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

sin2beta

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 10:24:07 pm »
I finally found Futurama (XBox) for a good price. It hasn't made it on the racketboy rare/expensive list. But it is a game I suspect will make the list. It seems to go for a decent amount and always has a lot of bidders.

I may go on a decent shopping spree though since I worked a hell of a lot of overtime today. I didn't really want to work overtime. But there was a project that needed to be done, so they were recruiting from several departments for any help. So, I plan to count my overtime money as gift to myself money. I should be responsible and save it... but...
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c