Author Topic: Pat the NES Punk's 2nd annual NES marathon for Child's Play charity  (Read 1612 times)

jobocan

Just thought I'd post it here for people who may be interested. Sort of known internet review Pat the NES Punk is starting a 24 hours live stream tomorrow where he'll be playing a bunch of NES games, and having a few other events like, when the donations reach 10000$, an exclusive AVGN episode.

You can see all the info and the steam here: www.nesmarathon.com

It was quite fun last year (especially if you're interacting in the chat), but this year he's doing it differently (last year he just played ALL the officially-released NES games one after the other, it lasted over 48 hours), but this time he'll play different games depending on how high the donations get or something of the sort. It's for a good cause, so check it out if you can/want.

madmax

Re: Pat the NES Punk's 2nd annual NES marathon for Child's Play charity
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 09:50:17 pm »
I really like these :)

last year i watched all of the Mario Marathon. Although i usually don't donate, I try to get the word out and an extra viewer can't hurt :)

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 07:45:27 pm »
It just finished, and they managed to meet their goal of 15000$ which is pretty crazy (almost double last year's amount in almost half the time). It was pretty fun.

One thing I learned while interacting with people in the chat though... People tend to know NOTHING about the NES and its games other than what they heard on AVGN episodes, believing anything he says as the truth without playing any of the games themselves... It's just a bit weird (and occasionally annoying).

amauriel

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 09:35:41 pm »
I find that funny, as I used to use AVGN as a way to find new games I would have missed otherwise.

These days, I use GameCenter CX instead. Arino>AVGN any day....but especially after a long night against Lemmings.

"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

scott

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 11:08:44 pm »
Ha, I can't stand AVGN, at all. Good work on the fund raising though, I'm not sure I'd be able to knock out a 24 hour session, energy drinks or no.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 11:14:38 pm »
I've always wanted to do a 24 hour game session but never had enough motivation for it. if I had a real reason to do it, charity, promotion .etc I would easily do it.

If VG Collect ever hosts one of these events (when it gets bigger) i call dibs :P

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 11:53:22 pm »
I find that funny, as I used to use AVGN as a way to find new games I would have missed otherwise.

These days, I use GameCenter CX instead. Arino>AVGN any day....but especially after a long night against Lemmings.

Thanks for this! I will def check it out. I like AVGN, but I think James is a cool guy and I like most of his stuff.