Author Topic: DuckTales Full HD Remake Coming!!!  (Read 4822 times)

haloofthesun

Re: DuckTales Full HD Remake Coming!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2013, 01:31:04 am »
As a composer I don't think it sounds too busy. In fact it's surprisingly mature writing considering the source material. The music is a lot of fun and fits the game pretty well.

turf

PRO Supporter

blipcs76

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 10:14:53 am »
Here's a little something you card may be interested in

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/18/ducktales-remastered-wii-u-coming-on-disc-to-north-america/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

FANTASTIC NEWS!  As much as I'd like to support this game, I just can't bring myself to buy digital downloads.  It's supporting something that's trying to destroy physical games (which ends game collecting).  But I'll happily buy this on disc now that it's an option.  I'll even pick up the Wii U version, even though I dont' have a Wii U yet.

haloofthesun

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2013, 02:16:03 pm »

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/18/ducktales-remastered-wii-u-coming-on-disc-to-north-america/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

FANTASTIC NEWS!  As much as I'd like to support this game, I just can't bring myself to buy digital downloads.  It's supporting something that's trying to destroy physical games (which ends game collecting).  But I'll happily buy this on disc now that it's an option.  I'll even pick up the Wii U version, even though I dont' have a Wii U yet.

Same here. There are actually quite a few digital-only games that I would like to get, but I just can't ever bring myself to do it because that will support the move to digital-only and I never want to see that happen. It's a bit of a losing battle, I suppose. We're already seeing the phasing out of manuals with games and digital versions of games being released earlier than physical versions to push people to buy digitally - which is really kind of a crappy thing to do. I don't mind waiting for the physical release, but in doing that you're insuring that your physical release will not sell as well as it could, only to go "Look, people prefer digital!" when in actuality that's practically forcing statistics to support what they want.

Anyway, I was planning on getting the semi-physical PS3 release (the one that was just a case with a voucher inside), but this is much better. I'll be getting the Wii U version personally, as hopefully it will have off-TV play.

atariboy

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2013, 03:16:56 pm »
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

jobocan

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2013, 06:48:02 pm »

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not on disc. You'll buy a box and all, but it's just gonna give you a download code (and a keychain).

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2013, 10:34:38 pm »

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not on disc. You'll buy a box and all, but it's just gonna give you a download code (and a keychain).

The link says it will be on disc.

jobocan

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2013, 08:10:04 am »

The link says it will be on disc.

Curious, because when the physical version was announced (back then it was just for PS3 that it was announced) it was said that it would just be a download code. We'll see then :P

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2013, 10:23:36 am »
The empty PS3 case is already out there.  You got a case with a code and a pin.  This is a sure 'nuff physical release.

scott

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2013, 09:42:07 am »
If it's on disc, on disc. I'm in. Legit physical > Digital any day of the week for this guy.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2013, 01:54:02 pm »
I just downloaded it last night.  8)

I only playd the opening level, because it was late and I was tired. I'll probably play through it today.