Author Topic: Your best gaming deal  (Read 4319 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Your best gaming deal
« on: October 07, 2013, 04:53:17 pm »
This topic pops up every now and then, but we have several new faces (avatars?) since it last made its rounds. 

What's the best deal you've found out there in your gaming hunts?

I have a few.  It is either:
PS3 for $5
or
the 2 different times I've bought Panic Restaurant for $3 & $5
or
Caltron 6-in-1 for $5

desocietas

Re: Your best gaming deal
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 05:11:24 pm »

PS3 for $5

YOU GOT A PS3 FOR $5?!   can i have it?   :'(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 05:33:37 pm »
James "buster" Douglas knockout boxing on the Master System for $2

Also for $5 a boxed N64 with 9 games which included Pokemon Stadium 2 and Super Smash bros

haloofthesun

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 06:03:06 pm »
PS3 for $5

Oooh, I got mine for $20.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 06:58:27 pm »
I got a set of great TG-16 games, that I no longer have because my first TG-16 my cat broke, for under $20 on eBay. I'd never get a deal like that ever again on TG-16 games, now, especially considering the quality of these games:

-Blazing Lazers
-Bloody Wolf
-Keith Courage in Alpha Zone
-Legendary Axe
-Ninja Spirit
-Sidearms

And, believe it or not, I got 2 fan-freaking-tastic deals at GameStop of all places:

-GameCube console, with hook-ups, and controller, for $29.99 (cheaper than many games).
-Game Boy Player (for GameCube) with the disc for $9.99.

And the best one, probably, came from an online comic community I've been a part of for years. For a few comics, I received in trade a PS2 with a handful of PS2 games and the DVD Playback Set-Up. But inside of the PS2, was a copy of Final Fantasy VII, as well, that he didn't know about. I told him, and he said just keep it and sent me the case!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 07:04:45 pm »

PS3 for $5

YOU GOT A PS3 FOR $5?!   can i have it?   :'(

It was at a yard sale. They said it didn't work. I figured for $5 I can spend $80-$100 and get it repaired. Blammo!  Cheap PS3.
Got it home, did a little research. I had to I that deal where you hold the power button down for several seconds for the AV to reset. Then, it didn't detect the HDD.  Checked to see if it had a HDD and found out it wasn't plugged in. Screwed it down and it's still going.
And, no, you can't have it.  ;). How am I gonna finish Kingdom Hearts without it?

pacpix

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 08:58:20 pm »

I guess I got an ok deal on this.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 10:41:53 pm »
Yeah you did. That is one of those that I've never been able to pick up. I used to see it a bunch back in the day, but after about 2010 they disappeared.

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 06:28:37 pm »
sega cd and virtual boy for free with games

or the psp for $10

blipcs76

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 09:06:24 am »
A fellow NES collector friend I met online sent me a copy of Duck Tales 2 for FREE.  It's still the rarest NES game in my collection.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 01:52:07 pm »
A fellow NES collector friend I met online sent me a copy of Duck Tales 2 for FREE.  It's still the rarest NES game in my collection.

I'm so jealous. I want that game so bad, and have come so close so many times, only to be outbid by like 50 cents the last moment.

And I'm not a "rarity" game collector. I only want it because I REALLY like the Capcom DuckTales games.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 02:30:55 pm »

I'm so jealous. I want that game so bad, and have come so close so many times, only to be outbid by like 50 cents the last moment.

And I'm not a "rarity" game collector. I only want it because I REALLY like the Capcom DuckTales games.

Don't spend a bunch of money on it.  It's very... ok.  Play the first one twice and send me the $85 difference in the price.  It just doesn't have the same magic the first one did.  Same thing goes for Chip and Dale 2.  It's still good, just not good enough to spend a bunch of money on. 
Now, that is if you just want to play them.  If you want to collect them, go right ahead.  They're not getting any cheaper.

ffxik

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 03:19:07 am »
February  2012 I picked up Dragon Force and Shining the Holy Ark CIB for $14 total
August 2013 Metal Storm cart only for the NES for .99

soera

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 10:06:46 am »

Its funny you mention that. I happened to get a copy of Panic Rest that way from a super awesome collector myself. It also is still the rarest NES game in my collection.

blipcs76

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 10:46:18 am »

Its funny you mention that. I happened to get a copy of Panic Rest that way from a super awesome collector myself. It also is still the rarest NES game in my collection.

This particular guy is overwhelmingly generous.  We met on another forum I used to frequent that was about as tight-knit as this one and every year we would do a gift exchange at Christmas.  Last year, he gave his exchange partner a freaking CIB Earthbound.  My jaw hit the floor.