Author Topic: SNES/Super Famicom  (Read 1466 times)

90snostalga

SNES/Super Famicom
« on: October 22, 2013, 12:52:33 pm »
So I am eventually going to tear out these tabs in a cheap working super nintendo that I found, so I can play Super Famicom games.  At first, I wanted to play Famicom games only for the Dragon ball Z games but i noticed I would have trouble reading the japanese.  I also came across info on some super famicom games that are in english.  Can I get a top 10 or 20 list of Super Famicom games everyone recommends that I play in English, and any games not in english but easily playable.  Thanks!   :)

jobocan

Re: SNES/Super Famicom
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 07:46:00 pm »
Here's a couple cool ones:
The Fireman
Umihara Kawase
Gokujo Parodius
Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius
Marchen Adventure Cotton 100%
Rockman & Forte (note: All the Megaman/Megaman X games are cheaper if you get the Super Famicom versions than the SNES versions, as are many other games. Might be worth looking at.)
There's 3 Super Bomberman games on the Super Famicom that didn't come out here
DoReMi Fantasy: Milon no DokiDoki Daibouken (a sequel to Milon's Secret Castle actually, very different from it though)
Magical Pop'n (still looking for that one but it looks great)
Majuu Ou (also looking for a copy of this that isn't super expensive)

90snostalga

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 07:59:08 pm »
Here's a couple cool ones:
The Fireman
Umihara Kawase
Gokujo Parodius
Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius
Marchen Adventure Cotton 100%
Rockman & Forte (note: All the Megaman/Megaman X games are cheaper if you get the Super Famicom versions than the SNES versions, as are many other games. Might be worth looking at.)
There's 3 Super Bomberman games on the Super Famicom that didn't come out here
DoReMi Fantasy: Milon no DokiDoki Daibouken (a sequel to Milon's Secret Castle actually, very different from it though)
Magical Pop'n (still looking for that one but it looks great)
Majuu Ou (also looking for a copy of this that isn't super expensive)

Thanks for this extended list!!  Just to be sure, are most of these in english?

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 08:02:18 pm »
The ones that aren't are platformers or shooters. Language isn't generally important in those :P

90snostalga

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 08:09:01 pm »
The ones that aren't are platformers or shooters. Language isn't generally important in those :P

Ah okay  ;)  Thanks!   If I may ask, do you have any Famicom games you could recommend as well?

90snostalga

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 08:25:15 pm »
Does taking out the tabs trick work to play PAL super nintendo games as well?

jobocan

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 08:30:16 pm »

Ah okay  ;)  Thanks!   If I may ask, do you have any Famicom games you could recommend as well?

Let's see...

Quest of Ki (also known as Kai no Bouken)
Wai Wai World (there's a Wai Wai World 2 but I didn't play it)
Atlantis no Nazo
Getsu Fuuma Den (might be a bit hard to figure out without japanese knowledge, but it is possible if you mess around enough)
Not japanese exclusive (it came out in a few parts of Europe I think), but if you spot a copy of Gimmick!, get it :P
The Transformers: Mystery of Convoy (or Transformers: Convoy no Nazo)
Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti
Toukaidou Gojuusan Tsugi
Yume Penguin Monogatari
Holy Diver

That's all I can think of right now...

Does taking out the tabs trick work to play PAL super nintendo games as well?

I don't think so.

90snostalga

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 02:00:44 pm »
I was going to pick up one of these super famicom games on ebay but I didn't realize they are pretty costly  :)  I would think they would be cheep but guess not lol

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 02:31:17 pm »

90snostalga

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 04:05:15 pm »
I just came across this Super Famicom  game Mahojin Guru Guru thats looks great!  But problem is it's in another language and some type of action rpg.   :-\ If only I could learn the Asian language.

90snostalga

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 04:54:24 pm »
i'm not sure if its going to far but i'm watching youtube vides on how to read japanese  ;)

jobocan

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 01:25:48 am »
I was going to pick up one of these super famicom games on ebay but I didn't realize they are pretty costly  :)  I would think they would be cheep but guess not lol

If you look around you can find them for somewhat cheap. http://japangamestock.com/ is decent.