Author Topic: X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer  (Read 1643 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
« on: October 29, 2013, 06:47:07 pm »

OMG this looks amazing!

Bryan Singer's X-Men meet the First Class: X-Men in a time-travel story.

I'm so happy we're at the point with comic movies that we can tell actual comic-like stories, rather than seeing the same origin story 3-4 times over.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:56:18 pm by burningdoom »

sin2beta

Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 09:33:41 pm »
First thought: at the 30 second mark Patrick Stewart is looking all kinds of Locutus of Borg/First Contact... I love that.

Second thought: How the hell did they work out the casting!! Freaking awesome that it is two people's casts!!  ;D ;D ;D

I was so excited when Fox first sent in the rights for the name Days of Future Past. I did not expect it to look this good though!
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 10:21:52 pm »
Who do I give my $12 to?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 10:28:52 pm »
Who do I give my $12 to?

Damn, that's nearly double what I pay at my local theater. $6.50 per person, here, 3D or not. And it was newly remodeled last year, even.

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 10:40:40 pm »
I pay 50 pesos (about $4) and still think that's a ripoff.

That said, the trailer bored me. It doesn't make sense. And I read the original books. As long as this retcons away the crap that was X-Men 3...

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 10:48:05 pm »
Who do I give my $12 to?

Damn, that's nearly double what I pay at my local theater. $6.50 per person, here, 3D or not. And it was newly remodeled last year, even.

I remember when theaters were cheap... Pretty sure dinosaurs roamed the earth the last time I spent less than 10$ to go see a movie.

Not too sure about this movie yet, I hope to see more in following trailers, but my dad will probably force me to go see it with him anyways :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 10:49:32 pm »
And I read the original books.

Pretty sure it's only similar in name to the books. I don't think they're trying to recreate the dystopian future story. Like the Dark Knight Returns was.

htimreimer

Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer 7.64
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 05:19:40 am »
Who do I give my $12 to?

i'm in middle of both of you theatre costs at $7.99 and 10.99 for 3D

anyway this looks good so far but i need to see more
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 05:21:16 am by htimreimer »

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 11:18:35 am »
I still think young Professor X looks like Lt. Dan in this new film, but I have to admit that seeing this trailer reminds me of the excitement of seeing the first X-Men film over 13 years ago!

And I agree with Foxhack... anything to help forget The Last Stand... *shudders*
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 12:08:11 pm »
I enjoyed the Last stand ... other than it being the last Xmen movie. Sure it had its horrible moments but it wasnt cause of the movie, its just the events that happened.

This new movie looks good! I cant wait.

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 02:11:01 pm »
I still think young Professor X looks like Lt. Dan in this new film, but I have to admit that seeing this trailer reminds me of the excitement of seeing the first X-Men film over 13 years ago!

And I agree with Foxhack... anything to help forget The Last Stand... *shudders*
Professor Xavier WAS NEVER A HIPPIE.

I mean, wow.

desocietas

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 02:31:15 pm »

Professor Xavier WAS NEVER A HIPPIE.

I mean, wow.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that.  At least they made Cyclops look like the stick in the mud he always is.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 02:40:21 pm »
Yeah, I don't know what's up with that.  At least they made Cyclops look like the stick in the mud he always is.
You know what's silly? I remember watching the X-Men cartoon's version of this storyline, and seeing Xavier being his bald self as a teenager already, in what appeared to be the 1950s. Looking a lot like Charlie Brown, oddly enough.

It's 20 years later and it's the 1960s. So of course they made him a hippie.

I think it's hilarious, trying to imagine Patrick freakin' Stewart AS A HIPPIE.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 07:01:26 pm »
Hippies listen to crappy rock, smoke a whole lot of weed, don't like bathing, push their views on everyone else like we should be ashamed, mooch, and are generally annoying.

Just because Professor X has long hair in the 60s, doesn't make him a hippie.

scott

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 08:39:10 pm »
Right, he has long hair in the 60s because he can tell it's receding and is compensating!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread