Author Topic: November 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 19431 times)

jcalder8

Re: November 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2013, 10:41:44 pm »
    Future Shop/Best Buy had a deal on today in Canada, trade in ANY PS3, 360, WiiU, PSVita or 3DS game and get a copy of Battlefield 4, COD Ghosts or Assassin's Creed 4 for the PS3 or 360 for FREE! Limit was one copy per person per store.
    It took about 9 hours but I was able to get copies of each game for the 360 and PS3 plus a couple for gifts. My wife and son were with me so we got 3 at each and I had reserved 2 at 3 stores to make sure that we got what I wanted and would be giving for gifts. The longest wait we had was over 3 hours and by the time we hit the last store they only had reservations left so we were done in about 5 minutes.

Have such a long day I hope to God this sale never happens again!

I think the best part of the day was trading games with other people waiting in line. I traded Fight Night Round 3 for Injustice! Also one of them had a bunch of clearance games for .25 a piece.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:44:40 pm by jcalder8 »

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2013, 11:10:25 pm »
YEah got BF4 and COD Ghost today thak's to the bargain at Futureshop.
I traded COD for Assassin's Creed 3 and Infamous.

We waited about 3 houres in the line.

theflea

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2013, 12:55:10 am »
Had some pick ups this weekend.

PS3
- Guided Fate Paradox - Limited Edition

XB360
- Call of Duty Ghosts - Hardened Edition

PS2
- King of Fighters XI

Wii
- Pikmin 2

Atari 400
- Qix
- Music Composer
- K-Razy Shoot out

SNES
- Steel Talons
- Dino City
Not counting Variations This makes my SNES Collection at 394 almost to my 400th game.  :)

GBC
- Pokemon Puzzle Challenge

GB
- Boomer's Adventure in Asmik World

NGP
- Biomotor Unitron

Two New Consoles!!!
A Nintendo Wii Mini complete in box. This system was only sold in Canada. I found one online cheap so I picked it up. Console #198

and last a Nintendo 3DS Zelda 25th Anniversary Edition, I've been looking for this and picked it up for just over $100.  ;D
Console # 199
Well I unless I find something between now and the 15th I think I know what #200 will be.  ::)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 01:11:14 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

jcalder8

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2013, 08:10:13 am »
Here are the pictures from the trades I did yesterday:
I turned these minus the last four which I didn't have to trade:

Into these:

And then I bought these for $40 and $25 of that was Tomb Raider:

desocietas

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2013, 12:32:25 pm »
Damn, I wish my Best Buy would do some sort of crazy thing like that.  Even the clearance stuff looks good.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2013, 12:48:55 pm »
Damn, I wish my Best Buy would do some sort of crazy thing like that.  Even the clearance stuff looks good.

Yeah, that trade-in deal sounds so good, it sounds too good to be true, even. But there it is, picture proof.

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2013, 06:12:28 pm »
Yeah and i can also proove it is true :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2013, 08:55:32 pm »

With the re-acquisition of this game (I traded it away, before), I am now official only 1 game away from my complete U.S. Neo Geo Pocket Color collection (my want list, not going for a complete set). The U.S. library really isn't all that large, so it's not a hard feat to accomplish.

Here's what I have now:

1. Bust-A-Move Pocket
2. Dark Arms: Beast Buster
3. Fatal Fury: First Contact
4. King of Fighters: R-2
5. Metal Slug: 1st Mission
6. Metal Slug: 2nd Mission
7. Pac-Man
8. Samurai Shodown II: Pocket Fighting Series
9. SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millennium
10. Sonic Pocket Adventure

So now, all I need that I still want is Shanghai Mini (which is basically just mahjong, so no rush when it normally goes for $20 at the cheapest. I can wait for a cheaper copy to come along).

I really wish the NGPC had a larger library since it's likely the only Neo Geo system I'll ever own (the others are too pricey to collect for), and it really is a solid little handheld.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:16:06 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2013, 09:02:39 pm »
You don't want Last Blade or the Cardfighters Clash games? :O

I think the NGPC suffers a bit for being an SNK device - everyone looks out for the beat 'em ups and Metal Slug but it's got some good RPGs in English and there's a surprising amount of variety on import (I was playing Densha de GO! 2 on mine yesterday!) :D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2013, 09:10:15 pm »
You don't want Last Blade or the Cardfighters Clash games? :O

I think the NGPC suffers a bit for being an SNK device - everyone looks out for the beat 'em ups and Metal Slug but it's got some good RPGs in English and there's a surprising amount of variety on import (I was playing Densha de GO! 2 on mine yesterday!) :D

No on the Card-Fighters Game. Not into card games.

And I would like to have Last Blade, but not for the $40+ it's going for. Same goes for King of Fighters R-1, Mega Man, and Cool Boarders Pocket. Those are just too expensive to be practical additions to my collection, but if I ever came across them cheap I'd take them.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:12:19 pm by burningdoom »

scott

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2013, 05:37:44 pm »
Killzone: Shadow Fall came in early. I guess it'll be super fun just looking at the packaging for the next 4 days...
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

theflea

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2013, 06:10:22 am »
Had a cool item come in the mail today.

A Custom NES Cart called 8-Bit Xmas 2013.
It is released by RetroZone only in November and December then discontinued.
They make a new game every year and the cart lights up with Christmas lights. They even come with a Christmas Card with a sexy girl on it.  ;)
I found out about these carts a couple years ago so I have 2011, 2012 and now 2013. (see pic)
They made a 2008, 2009 and 2010 but these go for well over $100 if you can find them today.
Better grab them when they are released if you into NES, They sell for $43 and if you want to spend and extra $8 you can have a personal message programed at the title screen. 

Last two years they also had SNES Xmas carts (2011 & 2012) This year they didn't release one for SNES.  :-[

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 06:15:45 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

blipcs76

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2013, 10:28:24 am »
I may have to pick up a copy of 8bit Xmas.  That cart is pretty cool and I LOVE Christmas :)  Do they change the game that's on the cart every year?  What is the 2013 game?

I've been working on my NES black box collection and recently added these games:

• Wild Gunman
• Donkey Kong Jr.
• Donkey Kong Jr. Math

That only leaves a few more black box games I still need to get (Pinball, Volleyball, Clu Clu Land, Mario Bros., Donkey Kong and ugh, Stack Up).  If anyone has these for sale or trade, let me know!

I also added these
• Uninvited <-- been wanting this one for a long time
• Robocop 2
• Zelda 2 (gray cart version)

theflea

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2013, 06:30:23 pm »
I may have to pick up a copy of 8bit Xmas.  That cart is pretty cool and I LOVE Christmas :)  Do they change the game that's on the cart every year?  What is the 2013 game?

Yes, every year the game is different.

2011 - Plays like Warlords on Atari. But Christmas themed.

2012 - Plays like Loopy on Colecovision, You play a plane grabbing up presents.

2013 - It plays like Galaga, you play as Santa shooting enemies above you that dance around to Christmas Music.

"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2013, 07:51:47 pm »
The cart looks cool in your top-loading NES. But most people have the old grey box unit. Kind of defeats all the hard work put into lighting up that cartridge.