Author Topic: Secret Santa VGCollect 2013 (sign ups closed)  (Read 31213 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Secret Santa VGCollect 2013 (sign ups closed)
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2013, 10:26:07 am »
I dont think Ill be anonymous. The person Im sending to knows my name already.  :o

Same here  ;)

@burningdoom -

What I did was just send my...'gift-ee' the package's tracking # via a PM here...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2013, 11:34:32 am »
I dont think Ill be anonymous. The person Im sending to knows my name already.  :o

Same here  ;)

@burningdoom -

What I did was just send my...'gift-ee' the package's tracking # via a PM here...

Aw, but I'd like to find out who the SS is when I got the package.  But I'm the sort who likes a surprise :)  I'll most likely leave mine 'till xmas for opening up.  It's so rare that I have gifts to open on christmas morning!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2013, 11:55:45 am »
So far I have Burningdoom and Disgaeniac as having shipped. If anyone else has shipped, post on here or toss me a PM. I hope to get my own package out in the mail this weekend.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2013, 12:10:47 pm »

Same here  ;)

@burningdoom -

Aw, but I'd like to find out who the SS is when I got the package.  But I'm the sort who likes a surprise :)

I'm with ya', Deso  8)

It's just that (since the package that I sent wasn't likely to fit into most mail-boxes); I thought that by having the tracking # (hence - knowing in advance where it is/when it's coming)...they'd be better prepared to make sure that someone was around to receive the package when it arrives.

Not all mail carriers (in all areas) will leave an abnormal-sized package laying around if nobody's there to receive it; it's (usually) just left up to the carrier's own discretion.

desocietas

« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2013, 02:45:22 pm »

Same here  ;)

@burningdoom -

Aw, but I'd like to find out who the SS is when I got the package.  But I'm the sort who likes a surprise :)

I'm with ya', Deso  8)

It's just that (since the package that I sent wasn't likely to fit into most mail-boxes); I thought that by having the tracking # (hence - knowing in advance where it is/when it's coming)...they'd be better prepared to make sure that someone was around to receive the package when it arrives.

Not all mail carriers (in all areas) will leave an abnormal-sized package laying around if nobody's there to receive it; it's (usually) just left up to the carrier's own discretion.

Hm, it's a good point.  I guess if I want to do that but still be anonymous, I can have Soera pm the person on my behalf  8)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2013, 03:51:00 pm »
Hi, everyone!

I can't decide between two gifts, so I will ask for your opinion... would you prefer a game from your wish list or would you prefer your Secret Santa to surprise you?

Pros of the game: If it is in your wish list, you will sure like it!
With the surprise, you will either love it or not that much...

Please help me, so I can ship it tomorrow!!!! ;)

Thanks!
Juan M. - Naicigam
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:55:57 pm by naicigam »
Juan M. - Naicigam

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2013, 04:17:38 pm »

Same here  ;)

@burningdoom -

I'm with ya', Deso  8)

Hm, it's a good point.  I guess if I want to do that but still be anonymous, I can have Soera pm the person on my behalf  8)

What if you were *buying* for soera?   :o

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2013, 04:19:46 pm »
Hi, everyone!

I can't decide between two gifts, so I will ask for your opinion... would you prefer a game from your wish list or would you prefer your Secret Santa to surprise you?

Thanks!
Juan M. - Naicigam

50/50 really, IMO.

*Personally*, I'd go with/take/choose the surprise, though  8)

desocietas

« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2013, 04:24:27 pm »

Haha, well, Soera already know's EVERYONE'S SS, so I don't think there's much surprise for Soera this Xmas...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2013, 04:38:25 pm »
Hi, everyone!

Thanks!
Juan M. - Naicigam

Surprise is never bad! Just check whoever's collection to make sure they dont have it. :)

soera

« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2013, 04:39:09 pm »

Haha, well, Soera already know's EVERYONE'S SS, so I don't think there's much surprise for Soera this Xmas...

No worries here. I already know what Im getting too! Turf already mentioned that turd. :(

desocietas

« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2013, 05:46:37 pm »

No worries here. I already know what Im getting too! Turf already mentioned that turd. :(

hahha
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2013, 07:03:05 pm »
Hi, everyone!

Thanks!
Juan M. - Naicigam

I think that's getting into some iffy territory. Not everyone has the same tastes. For example, Metal Gear Solid is like the greatest game ever made in a lot of people's eyes, but I personally find it bores me to freaking tears.

If you're gonna do that. I'd at least check the person's collection. First of all to see if they already have the item or not. Secondly to see what their tastes in games are. And finally, to check and see if it's on their wishlist.

soera

« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2013, 07:26:02 pm »
Just got back from the post office and mailed my gift! :)

desocietas

« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2013, 02:34:32 am »
Had some decent luck with some finds tonight for my giftee, but I want to hit up another store or two to see if I can scrounge up anything else/better.  Pretty fun!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas