Author Topic: CACHED: Adding Steam Games  (Read 4234 times)

foxhack

Re: CACHED: Adding Steam Games
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 04:15:06 pm »
@desocietas At least you're not like me... who keeps finding out someone already took my name. Someone used it on the original XBox and it hasn't been used since, and someone with really poor taste in games has it on PSN. A scammer from China took it on eBay... the list goes on.

Anyway, you're better off with your unique name.

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 04:19:13 pm »
As I said before... please post a list of the games you want me to add and I'll work on them.

1: Games that are no longer sold via Steam but are still playable by people who purchased them.

This guy is good!

desocietas

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 05:03:45 pm »
Anyway, you're better off with your unique name.

Ha, well, it's a good thing my emo teen self thought it'd be cool to make up words.  My name IRL is super common anyway, so it's definitely come in handy.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 08:44:19 pm »
I know Steam has some sort of API that you can tie into. I wonder if we can access a users list of games and auto-add them...hmm

foxhack

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 09:21:35 pm »
I know Steam has some sort of API that you can tie into. I wonder if we can access a users list of games and auto-add them...hmm
I looked through their documentation and they don't seem to provide an automatic way to get a player's game list.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steam_Web_API#GetPlayerSummaries_.28v0002.29

But it IS possible to get the information, I've seen tons of sites that take a username and then spit out all their games, like http://www.steamcalculator.com/

scott

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 09:23:06 pm »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 10:38:02 pm »
*cracks neck*

I am now up to where I was before the database was lost. For reference, I'm still missing these from @kirbysuperstar's list:
Flatout
Flatout 2
Flatout Ultimate Carnage
Grotesque Tactics
Master Levels for Doom II
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
STALKER Call of Priypat
Worms Reloaded
X2 The Threat
X3 Reunion
Zen Bound 2
Note to self: Do the Silent Hunter, Prince of Persia, Settlers games before moving on. (I work on things as I see them in the news feeds / updates while looking up their release dates.)

Still waiting on an answer to points 2 and 2a.

But anyway, gonna watch me some Obscurus Lupa, so night! :p

foxhack

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2011, 12:43:56 am »
Okay, ALL of @kirbysuperstar's games have been added (except for Master Levels) , plus the entire X series, all Need for Speed games, all STALKERs, all Grotesque Tactics, and a bunch of others.

desocietas

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2011, 01:53:14 pm »
@foxhack, I might as well have you add them directly to my collection for me. ;P  Thanks for all your hard work!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2011, 02:16:52 pm »
I was just looking at my Steam library and wondering about games like "Total War: Shogun 2" that you can purchase as a retail copy but can "activate" on your steam account.  Does this then become two items or do we just keep one with some sort of notation?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 02:48:02 pm »
I was just looking at my Steam library and wondering about games like "Total War: Shogun 2" that you can purchase as a retail copy but can "activate" on your steam account.  Does this then become two items or do we just keep one with some sort of notation?
No idea. I have a bunch of games that are like that (Orange Box, CS Anthology, CS: Source, Unreal Tournament III, Metro 2033, Portal 2, Galactic Bowling, Prey, etc.) - I just added them as Steam games.

Edit: Although, you could always add the retail box to your collection if you wanted to.

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 10:38:13 pm »
Okay, ALL of @kirbysuperstar's games have been added (except for Master Levels) , plus the entire X series, all Need for Speed games, all STALKERs, all Grotesque Tactics, and a bunch of others.

You're a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for your hard work.

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 02:00:59 am »
Did you ever come to a conclusion on things that were only available as part of a bundle? I'm looking at the Blackwell games and trying to figure out what to do.

scott

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 07:52:53 am »
I bought Half-Life 2's collector's edition and have that listed as a PC game, I also have Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition and that's listed in my PC section. Though I also added all the games to my Steam library.  

I'm not exactly sure how to handle bundled Steam games. Like I bought Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Gold Edition on steam, which included Chaos Rising. I added the bundle to the database and have it listed like that. Of course, both Dawn of War II and DoW2: Chaos Rising are both purchasable separately. Now, if games are only part of a bundle, then I suppose we could either list each bundle or list only the games. Steam confuses me sometimes, thanks to their multiple bundles and ways of buying games.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 03:46:49 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong but when you buy these bundles they end up listing each game on its own, right?