Author Topic: NES Remix on Wii U  (Read 1475 times)

blipcs76

NES Remix on Wii U
« on: December 18, 2013, 01:36:24 pm »
NES fans, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxrpKoy1g0Y&feature=youtu.be

NES Remix is an array of challenges from old NES games.  Looks really fun and interesting!

bobster

Re: NES Remix on Wii U
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 04:24:49 pm »
I saw that on Kotaku today. It does look fun! I don't have a wii u though so I can't try it out myself :(
Currently Playing: The Witcher

soera

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 05:57:33 pm »
Wonder how much it will be. If its really cheap, Ill probably snag it. I wouldnt want to pay over $20 for it though.

bobster

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 06:04:09 pm »
It's $15. According to kotaku.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 06:57:39 pm »
I started to download it today. $15 made me think twice. I'm a cheap bastard. I've about talked myself into it though.

Did anyone watch the Nintendo Direct today?  Their damn dirty marketing department had me looking for someone to take my money. 2014 is going to be a good year.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 07:16:29 pm »
This looks awesome! Just another reason for me to get a Wii U. I'm so sold on it as it being my next-gen console.

jobocan

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 10:17:12 pm »
I picked it up even if 15$ is a lot... but I did have 30$ credit from that Fire Emblem/Shin Megami Tensei IV deal earlier this year so it's basically "free" for me.

Some of those remix levels are really fun. Playing the first level of Donkey Kong (as Link) without being able to jump is surprisingly tough :P

azure

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 06:20:47 pm »
From what I saw on the stream looks, now I just need that Wii U.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 07:01:02 pm »
I pulled the trigger. It's a lot of fun. It's not a system seller, but it's a good pick up and play for 10 min game. I'm enjoying the heck out of it. The $15 about scared me off, but I'm glad I went ahead with it.

The only gripe I have is the same one I have with most virtual console games. There is just a tiny lag in the controls that throws me off. I've played hundreds of hours of Super Mario Bros. I know how the timing works. I don't know if it has something to do with my tv or if it has to do with the wireless controls, but there is just a fraction of a second delay. It was the same problem with Mario All-Stars Wii... Er... I mean the Mario 25th Anniversary Collection.  It probably wouldn't be that big a deal if I didn't play the originals of these games all the time.

The Black and White Mario they showed in the trailer is surprisingly hard.

soera

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 07:48:36 pm »
Is it something pre-teens/teens would enjoy?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 09:52:49 pm »
Is it something pre-teens/teens would enjoy?

I don't know how much of it is nostalgia for me and how much is just plain ole fun.