Author Topic: Twilight Princess  (Read 1807 times)

Twilight Princess
« on: December 28, 2013, 02:57:50 am »
Shouldn't have Twilight Princess have been remade for Wii U instead of the Wii?
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

Re: Twilight Princess
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 03:35:40 am »
The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess was released on Gamecube and Wii on the same time.  It's not a port.  Although, the difference was that in Gamecube, Link is originally left-handed while in the Wii version, Link became right-handed because that's how most people played the game.  With the Wii Remote on their right hand.  I think it was in an article somewhere, around the release of the game, stating that Nintendo did the small change to pander to the players.

Both versions are awesome...  It's just that my preference is still a controller over motion control.

Edit: Also...  Another difference is, of course, control mechanics.  Fishing with motion controls is amazing, I have to admit.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 03:39:00 am by MJMaranan »

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 10:13:33 am »
The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess was released on Gamecube and Wii on the same time.  It's not a port.  Although, the difference was that in Gamecube, Link is originally left-handed while in the Wii version, Link became right-handed because that's how most people played the game.  With the Wii Remote on their right hand.  I think it was in an article somewhere, around the release of the game, stating that Nintendo did the small change to pander to the players.

Both versions are awesome...  It's just that my preference is still a controller over motion control.

Edit: Also...  Another difference is, of course, control mechanics.  Fishing with motion controls is amazing, I have to admit.

Do you think they would remake TP if we made a petition?
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 12:11:23 pm »
Also, if I remember correctly, on the wii version use "navi" with the wii motion controller (to shoot, point, etc) and the gamecube version doesnt have it. Maybe they can make a remaster edition for the wii u but I think that will happen after couple of years because right now is wind waker on the wii u

karyann

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 01:41:39 pm »
Do you think they would remake TP if we made a petition?

It wouldn't make a difference. I read in a recent interview that Nintendo doesn't really take into account any petitions or anything like that. They see if there's any useful improvement or reason why it would be nice to remake the game, do their market research to see if it's worth the time and money, and then decide to do it or not. Operation Rainfall was overall useless in their decision, according to what I read.

If you want another hint in that direction, people have been screaming for a Majora's Mask remake on the 3DS since OoT was remade (that means since the 3DS launch, almost), and yet there's nothing in sight. And since Twilight Princess didn't get much love (sadly, because it's my favourite Zelda game actually), I really doubt they would remake it. Especially for the Wii U, because they usually remake games with at least one console generation in-between.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:43:23 pm by karyann »

90snostalga

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 04:17:36 pm »
I would just hope they make an entire new Zelda game for the Wii U completely.  No remake just an entire new Zelda game. :)

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 03:09:34 am »
I would just hope they make an entire new Zelda game for the Wii U completely.  No remake just an entire new Zelda game. :)
With graphics about like TP.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 03:10:47 am »
I just thought it would be beautiful to see a TP like wii u game.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

karyann

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 03:43:15 pm »
It would be great indeed! I'd love it too, as I said, TP is my favourite Zelda game  :) But it doesn't seem like they're headed that way graphics-wise, have you seen the early E3 videos for the new Zelda on Wii U? They've been showing them since before the Wii U was even released, and we don't have much information since. I'm excited to see more!

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 04:05:51 pm »
It would be great indeed! I'd love it too, as I said, TP is my favourite Zelda game  :) But it doesn't seem like they're headed that way graphics-wise, have you seen the early E3 videos for the new Zelda on Wii U? They've been showing them since before the Wii U was even released, and we don't have much information since. I'm excited to see more!
I want more information too, but is Hyrule Warriors a spin off or a time line game?
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

pacpix

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 06:09:59 pm »
The tech demo was just to showcase the Wii U's power.  Whether or not they actually use the same graphics style is not clear yet.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 06:13:07 pm »
I want more information too, but is Hyrule Warriors a spin off or a time line game?
Spin-off

karyann

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 09:40:47 pm »
The tech demo was just to showcase the Wii U's power.  Whether or not they actually use the same graphics style is not clear yet.

Oh, I didn't get that. I thought it was going to be final. That's good news! Well, not that the graphics style was ugly or anything, but I love seeing new, unexpected stuff  :P

pacpix

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 03:30:22 am »

Oh, I didn't get that. I thought it was going to be final. That's good news! Well, not that the graphics style was ugly or anything, but I love seeing new, unexpected stuff  :P

If you are interested to read some of the quotes talking about the graphics and the rest of the development this page has a lot of good information.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

karyann

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 04:29:08 pm »
If you are interested to read some of the quotes talking about the graphics and the rest of the development this page has a lot of good information.

Wow, I'm glad I read that. Thanks a lot for linking!