Author Topic: Suggestions and bug report  (Read 882 times)

Suggestions and bug report
« on: December 28, 2013, 01:45:38 pm »
Hey,

So I'm new to this website, I was looking for something like Discogs.com but for videogames and I found VGCollect and I love it. :)

Anyways. So I have a couple of suggestions.
- First I thought you could add more currencies to the "Cost" section. Euro (€), Great Britain Pound (£), and maybe Japanese Yen (¥).
- Also, about Steam, I thought you could just get rid of the "[US]" since Steam is exactly the same in Europe. Same games, except maybe a few games blocked in some countries.

I tried to search if anybody haven't created any post about these suggestions, but I couldn't find any search bar or whatever. Is there one ?

I'm also encountering a bug (besides some server crashes) whenever I click on a game, a small box pops up for like 1 second with just written "failure" on it, and then it closes and the actual game page opens. Here's a screenshot :

That's all, I guess. Thanks for reading. :)

matt

Re: Suggestions and bug report
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 11:22:58 am »
Hey,

So I'm new to this website, I was looking for something like Discogs.com but for videogames and I found VGCollect and I love it. :)

Anyways. So I have a couple of suggestions.
- First I thought you could add more currencies to the "Cost" section. Euro (€), Great Britain Pound (£), and maybe Japanese Yen (¥).
- Also, about Steam, I thought you could just get rid of the "[US]" since Steam is exactly the same in Europe. Same games, except maybe a few games blocked in some countries.

I tried to search if anybody haven't created any post about these suggestions, but I couldn't find any search bar or whatever. Is there one ?

I'm also encountering a bug (besides some server crashes) whenever I click on a game, a small box pops up for like 1 second with just written "failure" on it, and then it closes and the actual game page opens. Here's a screenshot :

That's all, I guess. Thanks for reading. :)

Welcome to the site and thanks for the feedback! Let me address your suggestions and issues:

1. Probably a good idea as we continue to grow. I'll add it to the list.
2. I'll let Foxhack address this one as he is the Steam guy around here.
3. This will be addressed in a large update coming later this month.

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 03:00:10 pm »
I don't know why Steam has the [US] thing, actually. :P

Yank it.

matt

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 11:22:46 pm »
[US] has been removed.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 11:30:40 am »
Hey Matt -

How about an (optional) link to the "Introductions" thread on the page where people join the site?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

matt

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 02:04:13 pm »
Hey Matt -

How about an (optional) link to the "Introductions" thread on the page where people join the site?

I'll PM you about this. I've got some other ideas and would like to display a bunch of info right on the empty collection pages.

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 03:37:00 pm »

That's a good question.  It's tucked away in bar right under the logo when you're viewing the forums.  To the right of "Forum Home" is "search" where you can search for topics and whatnot.  Hope that helps!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 04:01:06 pm »

That's a good question.  It's tucked away in bar right under the logo when you're viewing the forums.  To the right of "Forum Home" is "search" where you can search for topics and whatnot.  Hope that helps!

Oh yeah, I see it. I was looking for a search bar and didn't even notice the Search button. Well thanks :p