Author Topic: Can't search for Ys games  (Read 723 times)

CrossoverGR

Can't search for Ys games
« on: January 06, 2014, 01:47:34 am »
I thought it was some kind of error or maintenance, but it isn't. You can't search for the Ys games in the search option and I think I know why.

You can submit a new game that is less than 3 letters, however, it appears this applies to the search option as well. I can put any 3 letters and it'll give me a result but anything less will not result in anything.

Perhaps this is only useful for the Ys games as that is the only series I can think of that is less than 3 letters, but I just want to do a general search of the games, nothing specific.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Can't search for Ys games
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 11:28:02 am »
It's more convoluted -but- you can get around that by using the "Browse" function for the platform & region that you're looking for.

http://vgcollect.com/item/38823

Would be an example of the new Ys game for the Vita.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 11:39:30 am »
I don't know for other 2-letters games, but for Ys you can search "Ys:", since they all seem to have a "sub-title" (and the official syntax for sub-titles is to put a ":"). I just tried and it works well, though there are other games that show up too.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 01:22:45 pm »
I don't know for other 2-letters games, but for Ys you can search "Ys:", since they all seem to have a "sub-title" (and the official syntax for sub-titles is to put a ":"). I just tried and it works well, though there are other games that show up too.

Nice.

You're right: "ys" shows nothing while "ys:" brings up a bunch of games (including a lot of Ys titles).

Quicker -n- easier than 'Browsing' for it too  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

matt

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 02:03:15 pm »
This is a tough one to solve and I'll be the first to admin that the search functions....well...they suck.

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 03:14:15 pm »
awwww   :'(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 04:19:40 pm »
The other thing is not every Ys game comes up like that. Type in "book" and you will see ones that dont pop up under the "Ys:" search.

CrossoverGR

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 02:43:03 am »

Well what do you know, that worked like a charm. Why didn't I think of that? Well, I guess that'll do.

90snostalga

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 08:46:04 am »
I have a Y's game for my Famicom and I could not find it.  I had to create a new item and add it. I don't know if it comes up in a search or not tho'