Author Topic: VGCollect v3 Support Thread  (Read 12240 times)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

Re: VGCollect v3 Support Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2014, 08:45:57 pm »
Hey Matt,

Site is coming along real nice... Is that a new red stripe i notice along the top? Love it! :)

Anyhow, found one more issue (using chrome here).... when adding a new game to my collection, when picking the date i purchased, if i don't pick all 3 entries (month, day, year), it does not save the date at all.  If I choose 2 (month, year) it will not save.

thanks brotha!

- Retromangia

pacpix

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2014, 10:40:53 pm »
Still not able to get on the forum with Chrome.  I tried clearing the cache, using vgcollect.com/logout, and the IE Tab extension but no luck with any of those.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

matt

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2014, 11:29:37 pm »
Still not able to get on the forum with Chrome.  I tried clearing the cache, using vgcollect.com/logout, and the IE Tab extension but no luck with any of those.

Strangest issue. Something is out of whack and I can't figure it out. See if this does anything for you: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php?action=login

matt

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2014, 11:30:27 pm »
Hey Matt,

Site is coming along real nice... Is that a new red stripe i notice along the top? Love it! :)

Anyhow, found one more issue (using chrome here).... when adding a new game to my collection, when picking the date i purchased, if i don't pick all 3 entries (month, day, year), it does not save the date at all.  If I choose 2 (month, year) it will not save.

thanks brotha!

- Retromangia

Thanks! I just fixed the bug you pointed out. Should be all good. May have to refresh the page a few times to pull in the new javascript.

pacpix

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2014, 11:48:52 pm »

Strangest issue. Something is out of whack and I can't figure it out. See if this does anything for you: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php?action=login
I was able to get onto the login page, but I got this error:

When I entered the password I got an incorrect password error.  After a few more attempts I got this:

But I never got an email to reset my password.  I thought it may have to do with the crappy unsecure password I used back when I made my account in 2011 so I changed it, but got the same result.

matt

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2014, 11:51:09 pm »
sigh...I'm running out of ideas. Did you try punching your PC a few times?

pacpix

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2014, 12:30:20 am »

Well I tried reinstalling Chrome, but I am still getting the same issue.  I also tried to recreate the same problem on Internet Explorer, but I was still able to access the forums.  I also just installed Firefox so I could post the results if I did lock myself out of the forums with IE.  However, when I logged in I was not able to login to the forums just like Chrome, I just get sent back to my collection page.  This was on a clean install on my first login.  It's weird that IE is the browser that is actually working...

pacpix

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2014, 12:51:03 am »
I got it to work!  I changed my email on the main site after the new update, but the password reset email was sent to the spam folder on my old email account.  After I reset the password I was able to login to the forums.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2014, 01:27:34 am »
Is the mobile.vgcollect.com gone? 
I tried to pull it up and ... Nothing

pacpix

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2014, 01:46:43 am »
I am not getting it either.  I was able to pull it up the night the update happened though.

matt

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2014, 09:35:32 am »
I got it to work!  I changed my email on the main site after the new update, but the password reset email was sent to the spam folder on my old email account.  After I reset the password I was able to login to the forums.

Yay!

As of now it isn't. It's still sitting on the old server and hasn't been moved over. The plan was to move strictly towards one site but a few people have mentioned that they miss the old site so I may reconsider. This new site should work well on a phone. Scott and I have been testing and tweaking things all week.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2014, 10:05:38 am »
I was just letting you know that it wasn't working in case it was supposed to be up.

scott

« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2014, 12:12:48 pm »
When I log in w/ Firefox, it seems like it takes forever to process my request before it finally takes me to the feed. I'll have to check it on Chrome to see if it's the same.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2014, 12:40:47 pm »
When I log in w/ Firefox, it seems like it takes forever to process my request before it finally takes me to the feed. I'll have to check it on Chrome to see if it's the same.

I've noticed slow logins as well. Haven't been able to track down the source.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2014, 01:09:24 pm »
Is there anyway you can make the "Add to Collection" pop up a little smaller?  When you use it on an iPhone, you can't click submit because it's too close to the bottom.