Author Topic: Vs.  (Read 6920 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Vs.
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 09:31:11 am »
I would like to start a battle if I may?

*  The Legend of Zelda for the NES

VS.

*  Golden Axe Warrior for the SMS

Zelda. People may like Golden Axe, but they still refer to it as a Zelda clone.

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 10:59:52 am »
I have to go Symphony of the Night.

One, because its Castlevania and redefined the series.
Two, because I sunk countless hours playing it (and 100%ing)
And three, because I've never played more than 15 mins of Super Metroid (even tho I own it on SNES)

LOL This for me as well :p

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 11:04:13 am »

Let's see... how about Pokémon vs Digimon (the games)? Both led to pretty similar animes, but in my opinion both franchises' games are better than their respective anime. Pokémon might have an unfair advantage in popularity for the question, but I've known die-hard fans of Digimon who didn't like Pokémon, so I'm curious about what you all think :)

Imo, the Pokemon games are by far better. The I have only played the first Digimon World, but I remember feeling bored half the time with the gameplay and story, and overall it was just a very mediocre experience. Even my least favorite main Pokemon game (Black and White) were way better than Digimon World. So yeah, my vote goes to Pokemon being the better series :p

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 12:48:48 pm »

VS.

Zelda, easily. GA Warrior is fun, but it's not Zelda.

karyann

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 12:59:15 pm »
Even my least favorite main Pokemon game (Black and White)

Aww, I loved Black&White SO much! The story was awesome and the new mechanics were so cool. X&Y pushed the bar even higher though, it's incredible how many details they put in there.

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 01:15:42 pm »
Even my least favorite main Pokemon game (Black and White)

Aww, I loved Black&White SO much! The story was awesome and the new mechanics were so cool. X&Y pushed the bar even higher though, it's incredible how many details they put in there.

I think a big reason why I didn't like it as much were the Pokemon they added. It was by far my least favorite Generation of Pokemon, there were maybe 10 out of the lot of new Pokemon I thought were cool. The story was pretty good, but the whole time I played it I was just sort of hanging in there and wasn't having that much fun.

But I completely agree with you about X and Y. It is probably my second favorite Pokemon gen (Gold and Silver being my favorite). Was an amazing, amazing game all around :D

karyann

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 01:24:20 pm »
I think a big reason why I didn't like it as much were the Pokemon they added. It was by far my least favorite Generation of Pokemon, there were maybe 10 out of the lot of new Pokemon I thought were cool. The story was pretty good, but the whole time I played it I was just sort of hanging in there and wasn't having that much fun.

But I completely agree with you about X and Y. It is probably my second favorite Pokemon gen (Gold and Silver being my favorite). Was an amazing, amazing game all around :D

I understand your feeling; I felt exactly the same about Diamond&Pearl. I hate most of these Pokémon, with the exception of Riolu/Lucario and maybe a few others. My personal favourite is Ruby/Sapphire though, and I know it's not a popular opinion at all haha.

soera

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2014, 02:00:54 pm »

VS.

This is tough for me. If its just game vs game, I pick Golden axe warrior. It is a better game all around. But the simple fact is that Zelda has far and away outlived that which is Golden Warrior. And it spawned two of the best games ever : Link to the past and Link between worlds.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2014, 02:04:40 pm »
The Legend Of Zelda (NES)

Never played Golden Axe Warrior since I don't have a Sega Master System and only have The Legend Of Zelda: Collector's Edition for the Gamecube.  I'm going to give respect to the original.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

scott

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2014, 02:51:30 pm »
Pokemon: Played and loved the originals on GB instantly, didn't play anything else until Platinum (my favorite). But every game since I've really enjoyed (still need X & Y though)

Zelda: The first Zelda didn't get beaten until maybe 5 years ago, but I did play the hell out of it and Link to the Past. Plus whenever I hear the Zelda overworld music I can't help but grin a little.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2014, 03:16:48 pm »

Vs.

darko

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 10:12:49 am »
Ninja Gaiden - absolutely.

soera

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 10:53:10 am »
Yeah as much as I like SMS, Ninja Gaiden is definitely better than Shinobi in this one.

darko

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 11:15:03 am »
How about something a little more difficult....

The TurboExpress versus the Game Gear?

scott

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 11:18:00 am »
Ninja Gaiden, hands down. I've never cared for Shinobi
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread