Author Topic: Turf's Zero Edits Productions  (Read 24899 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: Turf's Zero Edits Productions
« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2014, 10:39:21 pm »
Now I know what Turf means about "Zero Edit"! This is insane! The things I do for YouTube..... Love your videos Turf! Keep up the great work!

I would love to lie and say its about artist integrity and I want to do something different. But it really comes down to one simple fact: Editing is hard.  I don't have time, patience, or talent.  What I do have is a love of games and the gift of gab.  It also doesn't hurt that I like to hear myself talk.   ;D

Thanks for watching.  I'll keep trying to put out stuff that a handful of people like to watch.  As cheesy as it sounds, it really makes me feel good to know that a few cool people like what I do.

I would like to suggest that you create a playlist on your channel for all these review videos. That way I can share the link to the whole collection and not just one video. :) It also makes it easier for new comers to binge watch :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2014, 09:09:37 am »
I started doing that.  I guess I got sidetracked.  I'll try to remember to do that tonight.

*Edit:  It's done.  It was surprisingly easy to do from my phone.  Usually the YouTube app is useless.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:55:22 am by turf »

« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2014, 10:42:38 am »
Editing hard? Please. Time consuming? Yes. Hard? No.
Try rigging and animating.

retroone

« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2014, 03:48:13 pm »
Editing hard? Please. Time consuming? Yes. Hard? No.
Try rigging and animating.
Editing isn't hard. I taught myself how to edit. As long as your able to put "the pieces of the puzzle" together you got yourself a video! Yeah it can be time consuming, the simplest videos I did took me up to 2 hours at most.

Animation Hard? I bet it takes a while but have you tried Stop Motion with real action figures? It can be a pain especially if they fall over then what? Stop Motion was the first project I did on YouTube and it took me 6 hours for 30 seconds worth of footage! But anyone who can animate is a genius in my mind.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2014, 02:05:33 am »
It depends on the platform.

Editing in iMovie on a mac is pretty easy and even fun.

Editing on a PC can be a massive pain in the bawls because nothing on PC comes close to iMovie (for ease of use).

I use Premiere Pro and After Effects on the PC but it's quite expensive to maintain and the learning curve was huge.

« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2014, 10:37:17 am »
iMovie??? Ewwww...
Love me some Premiere

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2014, 03:13:30 pm »
iMovie??? Ewwww...
Love me some Premiere

Hey man, don't knock it. They are all just tools. A determined person can make a masterpiece in either.

It was only once my skills and ideas eclipsed what iMovie was capable of that I switched to Premiere Pro.

Without iMovie I'd still be holding fast to the idea that editing has to be hard, time consuming, and clunky.

davifus

« Reply #172 on: December 13, 2014, 03:56:12 pm »
Sony vegas here...
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

retroone

« Reply #173 on: December 13, 2014, 04:48:37 pm »
iMovie??? Ewwww...
Love me some Premiere

Hey man, don't knock it. They are all just tools. A determined person can make a masterpiece in either.

It was only once my skills and ideas eclipsed what iMovie was capable of that I switched to Premiere Pro.

Without iMovie I'd still be holding fast to the idea that editing has to be hard, time consuming, and clunky.
I have tried them all but I feel CyberLink PowerDirector is the most Flexible of them all...... At least no one said Windows Movie Maker.  ;D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2014, 07:28:24 am »
It's Tuesday! That means your favorite internet waste of time has something new for ya! 

Here's chapter 11, ya filthy animals!

soera

« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2014, 08:58:53 am »
Gah cant watch video cause of my stupid computer problem (http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,5682.0.html)

abe

« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2014, 10:22:14 am »
Great video as usual. :) These are great for building up an NES wishlist. It's too bad collecting for the NES is getting harder and more expensive. :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2014, 11:29:53 am »
Great video as usual. :) These are great for building up an NES wishlist. It's too bad collecting for the NES is getting harder and more expensive. :(

Well, if you only want the good ones; it won't be too bad.  If they're expensive, I would suggest emulating it first.  Make sure you like it.

soera

« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2014, 12:45:40 pm »
Thats one of the best things about NES collecting. If you want the good games, all of them are in the under $100 range. :)

« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2014, 12:54:22 am »
Great vid again Turf!  I am also a really big NES fan .. i would love to collect them all.. Do you collect the unlicensed games also? After your done all of the vids I am going to go back and get a list together .. Although I am far behind when I have the extra cash I will be hopefully getting my NES collection back up and running.. I have 61 I know it's small but when I was a kid my dad would buy all the nes games around the neighborhood...the kids that were quick to play a game and want a brand new one .. I would get there second hand games and my dad would actually be able to afford them..my kids just started playing my NES I just got done cleaning it and all my games ... Let me tell you it plays a hell of a lot better after cleaning it.. My daughter loves duck hunt and my son loves mario.. Thanks again for the vids..

Sorry for rambling just thought I would give you some extra feedback since all I usually say is great vid.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 01:01:50 am by critter7405 »