Author Topic: Must Have Games for NEO GEO Pocket  (Read 1183 times)

Must Have Games for NEO GEO Pocket
« on: February 17, 2014, 08:45:50 pm »
Hey,

Just today traded a few things to a friend for a NEO GEO Pocket Color. Received Metal Slug: 1st Mission and Sonic Pocket Adventure with it.

I basically missed out on the entire NEO GEO era (except for the few arcade titles I played in the arcades).

What are some of the must have games for this system?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Must Have Games for NEO GEO Pocket
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 08:57:04 pm »
-Bust-A-Move Pocket/Puzzle Bobble Pocket - Same game released under 2 different name. Fun, colorful puzzle game.

-Dark Arms: Beast Buster - Unique action-RPG with some odd/creepy art designs at times.

-King of Fighters R-2 - Second best fighting game on the system. Not quite as good as SNK vs. Capcom MotM, but for a handheld fighting game of the time, it's quite good.

-Metal Slug: 1st Mission & 2nd Mission - Great run-n-gun games. If you like Metal Slug, you'll enjoy these.

-SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millennium - Easily the best fighting game on the system.

-Sonic Pocket Adventure - Best game on the system, period. And still the best handheld Sonic game, IMO. It also has some sort of connectability gameplay mode on Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast if you have the connection cord. But I can't recall exactly what it does.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 09:15:52 pm »
Bust-a-Move and Turf Masters are my favorite.

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 10:12:47 pm »
I came across a bunch of Neo Geo Pocket color games last fall, but no system unfortunately :(. The one I was most excitedabout, and I guess is sort of valuable is Gal Fighters.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 10:27:54 pm »
This made me remember that I hadn't added all of my NGPC games to my collection.  4 more to add.  That makes the grand total 6.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 08:02:01 pm »
Thanks for the info.

bikingjahuty, would you be interested in selling them?