Author Topic: Wanting: Tales of Symphonia Collector Edition  (Read 3066 times)

anruiukimi

Wanting: Tales of Symphonia Collector Edition
« on: February 07, 2014, 10:36:18 pm »
Okay, I admit, I was out of the loop for awhile. But when I was at Gamestop back in December buying Fire Emblem and Lego Marvel, I preordered Bravely Default CE and asked if any other RPGs were up for preorder...and nothing. He just went "nothing, really." and I never heard about it. Sigh.

Edit: In brief, I asked back in December if there was any RPGs coming out in the next few months, and he told me that Bravely Default was it, and now I've missed the preorder for the fancy edition of Tales of Symphonia. ^^;

So!

Anyone order an extra? Or have one you don't want now? I'll pay a tiny bit above retail, but not much. I can bribe you with nerd crafts or something? :P
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:53:04 am by anruiukimi »

desocietas

Re: Wanting: Tales of Symphonia Collector Edition
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 02:30:59 am »
Wait, so you preordered the CE and they didn't actually preorder it for you?  #confused
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

anruiukimi

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 02:51:29 am »
Nono, I got the CE of Bravely Default, I was just whining about how the salesperson didn't tell me about the Tales of Symphonia re-release back when I was last there buying some games a few months ago, and now the ToS CE is out of stock everywhere. :(

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 04:08:22 am »
Nono, I got the CE of Bravely Default, I was just whining about how the salesperson didn't tell me about the Tales of Symphonia re-release back when I was last there buying some games a few months ago, and now the ToS CE is out of stock everywhere. :(

Ohhhhh... I'm up too late, obviously :P

Yeah, I was trying to see if I could locate one for someone else on the forum, but I didn't have any luck either.  I thought I'd missed my chance but then I found out later that I had already preordered it through Namco back in October.  :\  I'll stalk my store, though, in case anyone doesn't pick theirs up.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 06:15:16 am »
If it makes you feel any better (and it probably won't) the preorder was already sold out by December.  :( Namco did announce this week that they're producing 3,000 more copies than they originally planned, so it may go back up for preorder again soon. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

anruiukimi

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 12:51:53 pm »
If it makes you feel any better (and it probably won't) the preorder was already sold out by December.  :( Namco did announce this week that they're producing 3,000 more copies than they originally planned, so it may go back up for preorder again soon.

I actually already asked Namco through their tumblr about the new batch, and according to them, they are all sold out. :/ Sighh.

So yes, still in the market. :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 02:57:24 pm »
Bah!

I share/feel your pain :(

This CE & the Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition are 2 that I slept through and missed out on = A Sad Panda staring back at me in the mirror...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

anruiukimi

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 02:46:23 am »
Bah!

I share/feel your pain :(

This CE & the Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition are 2 that I slept through and missed out on = A Sad Panda staring back at me in the mirror...

I chatted with a friendly guy at my local Gamestop, and he stated that if preorders are released if not picked up in the first 48 hours (he commented that he had several vultures hovering over his remaining unclaimed Bravely Default CE copies, for example) and they are put on general sale. That may be my only shot, if someone doesn't pick their's up. xD; Only minus is that I'll be at work, I'll probably have to ask my mom to try for me. Here's hoping~

I do have two Gamestops within a mile of each other...

karyann

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 05:52:26 pm »
I chatted with a friendly guy at my local Gamestop, and he stated that if preorders are released if not picked up in the first 48 hours (he commented that he had several vultures hovering over his remaining unclaimed Bravely Default CE copies, for example) and they are put on general sale. That may be my only shot, if someone doesn't pick their's up. xD; Only minus is that I'll be at work, I'll probably have to ask my mom to try for me. Here's hoping~

I do have two Gamestops within a mile of each other...

Good luck with your quest! Gotta love when moms run errands for us  ;D I recently asked her to get me Rhythm Thief in my hometown (500km away from me) because Gamestop had it for $20. It goes for $40 according to pricecharting, around $50-60 on ebay, so when I realized I had seen it there, I called her right away and she got it for me! I was so damn happy :)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 02:17:29 am »
I too shall keep an eye out for Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition.

I was also going to suggest Fry's Electronics or Best Buy.  Although I hate Fry's Electronics, Circuit City's bankrupt.  I didn't see on the GameStop website that the collector's edition was an exclusive so...  Good luck on this quest of yours.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

anruiukimi

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 03:09:07 am »
I too shall keep an eye out for Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition.

I was also going to suggest Fry's Electronics or Best Buy.  Although I hate Fry's Electronics, Circuit City's bankrupt.  I didn't see on the GameStop website that the collector's edition was an exclusive so...  Good luck on this quest of yours.

...I could see if my dad could stop by Fry's for me (the closest one is over a hour away :/ but he works by it) HMM

Thank you! :D

Good luck with your quest! Gotta love when moms run errands for us  ;D I recently asked her to get me Rhythm Thief in my hometown (500km away from me) because Gamestop had it for $20. It goes for $40 according to pricecharting, around $50-60 on ebay, so when I realized I had seen it there, I called her right away and she got it for me! I was so damn happy :)

Moms CAN be handy, yes? ;)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 03:59:06 am »
Best Buy is also a better alternative, since they have more stores.  Then again, almost anywhere is better than Fry's Electronics, in my opinion.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 10:57:43 am »
Seeing how it is being given a massive distribution, the prices on this edition (along with Bravely Default CE) will drop in time. At that time you can probably get the CE for about what it retailed for brand new. The same thing has happened to most other CE editions and this one is no different. I am choosing to wait if i cannot find an unclaimed one like I did with Bravely Default CE.

anruiukimi

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 12:20:36 pm »
Seeing how it is being given a massive distribution, the prices on this edition (along with Bravely Default CE) will drop in time. At that time you can probably get the CE for about what it retailed for brand new. The same thing has happened to most other CE editions and this one is no different. I am choosing to wait if i cannot find an unclaimed one like I did with Bravely Default CE.

I know that the ToS set is supposedly a numbered limited of 18000, versus Bravely Default, which appeared to be more widely distro-ed, but I will hope for the best. :) Thanks!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 06:49:20 pm »
well you could do what rob man did to get a PS4