Author Topic: Sears Tele-games  (Read 2096 times)

Sears Tele-games
« on: February 23, 2014, 03:49:42 pm »
I found a Hockey game at a local thrift store and I tried to put it in the collection but cant find it in the database. I know there are some game like it for the atari and intellivision i just dont know if i am just missing it. Thanks

foxhack

Re: Sears Tele-games
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 04:48:14 pm »
I know very little about the early gaming systems, could you please post a picture so other people can help?

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 05:50:03 pm »
There's no Sears Telegames version of hockey. Only Activision made an Ice Hockey for the 2600. If the OP is from a PAL country there may be some pirate variation. Definitely a pic would help.

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 03:12:25 pm »
Sears branded games are already in the database, example:
http://vgcollect.com/item/9934

For those who do not know, the Sears Video Arcade was a licensed clone of the Atari 2600/VCS. The difference is that the game carts were called "tele-games" and are noted as such on the game packaging and above the cart slot on the console.

Super Video Arcade Hockey (what is referenced in that Intellivion picture) was definately sold as an Atari cart, branded as such. You can find them on Ebay at least.

Now unless you mean the Sears Tele-games Hockey/Tennis or Hockey/Tennis II. I've also found Hockey/Pong and Hockey/Jokari. These are more like Telstar systems.