Author Topic: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 36343 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2014, 03:24:05 pm »
^ I remember RE: Survivor being bad, too, when it first came out. But since the entire series has taken a turn for the worse, I was willing to take another chance on it for only $5. I'm not going into it with the same expectations this time.

pacpix

« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2014, 06:54:00 pm »
Received Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord for Famicom today which completes my NES/Famicom Wizardry set.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2014, 07:47:54 pm »
Received Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord for Famicom today which completes my NES/Famicom Wizardry set.

Nice, those look really cool. A series I have always been slightly interested in, but know nothing about. I always almost buy 6,7 or 8 off of Steam, but can never quite pull the trigger.

pacpix

« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2014, 08:09:00 pm »
I'm kind of the opposite.  I buy a lot of Wizardry games, but can never find time to play them ha.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2014, 09:26:16 pm »
Flea Market purchases today, at a $5 table!

Found Survivor's younger brother Dead Aim today. I HATE this game, but for $2 I thought what the hell. I played it a little tonight and it isn't as awful as I remember, but still pretty craptastic lol.

« Reply #185 on: March 15, 2014, 09:31:19 pm »
Found Survivor's younger brother Dead Aim today. I HATE this game, but for $2 I thought what the hell. I played it a little tonight and it isn't as awful as I remember, but still pretty craptastic lol

I remember kinda liking Dead Aim, but then again, I was never a huge fan of the original RE's.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:46:50 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2014, 09:45:58 pm »
I remember playing Survivor and thinking it wasn't that bad. At least not as bad as all the reviews at the time made it out to be.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2014, 10:03:25 pm »
Flea Market purchases today, at a $5 table!

Forgot to add this one with it. Also at the $5 table:

thecrypticodor

« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2014, 03:24:42 pm »
Found Survivor's younger brother Dead Aim today. I HATE this game, but for $2 I thought what the hell. I played it a little tonight and it isn't as awful as I remember, but still pretty craptastic lol

I remember kinda liking Dead Aim, but then again, I was never a huge fan of the original RE's.
Dead Aim is actually a pretty decent game it just really needs to played with the Guncom 2. If you're playing it with the standard Dual Shock than it's not going to be very much fun. A lot of people did play it that way and that's probably how it got a bad reputation.

foxhack

« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2014, 03:35:10 pm »
Well I thought I'd purchased Lego Marvel Super Heroes, but friggin' Gamefly put my card on hold. AGAIN.

« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2014, 05:49:58 pm »

Dead Aim is actually a pretty decent game it just really needs to played with the Guncom 2. If you're playing it with the standard Dual Shock than it's not going to be very much fun. A lot of people did play it that way and that's probably how it got a bad reputation.

Yeah I played it with Guncom 2 so that's probably why I liked it lol

« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2014, 06:48:16 pm »

Yeah I played it with Guncom 2 so that's probably why I liked it lol

I am going to try it out with the Guncon 2. The first time I played it I actually bought it brand new along with a Mad Katz gun. The thing wasn't well calebrated which definitely added to my issues with the game, but overall I didn't like the gameplay, hated the characters and found the story boring. I was also a diehard fan of the core RE games which probably tainted my opinion of Dead Aim as well.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2014, 07:34:00 pm »
I picked up Cave Story 3D yesterday. It was brand slappin new on a game store shelf. Now I have a dilemma. This thing is going for around $100 on eBay. I bought this stupid thing for $40 as a collector knowing this thing is rare. Do I make a quick buck ir do I just hang onto it and play it?

« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2014, 09:21:11 pm »
I picked up Cave Story 3D yesterday. It was brand slappin new on a game store shelf. Now I have a dilemma. This thing is going for around $100 on eBay. I bought this stupid thing for $40 as a collector knowing this thing is rare. Do I make a quick buck ir do I just hang onto it and play it?

Value aside, it is a really fun game. I don't think it will ever be worth less than $40 so unless you get lucky some day and find a super cheap copy, I think it's the best price you'll get on it ever. That is unless NIS decides to do another print run, then the value might change, but for now, I'd hold onto it. I picked it up used at a game store for $25 a month or two ago. It was a good deal then, but didn't realize it had climbed in price so much since then.

Warmsignal

« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2014, 10:05:10 pm »

Why can't this happen to people who want the game?