Author Topic: Video Game Crafts  (Read 8871 times)

anruiukimi

Video Game Crafts
« on: March 09, 2014, 01:20:00 pm »
If there's been a general thread before, my apologies!

So crafts. What do people have? Not all of us make crafty stuff, but a lot of us have gotten crafts and other lovely things. I figured I would post a general thread for us to show off either our own work, or gifts :)

-----------------

First off is two lovely video game crafts I've been given. I got Citan back in 2000? from one of my best friends, and the Drakee pillow in 2012 from the other. :D

Citan/Shitan is, of course, from Xenogears. She knew I really liked his character, so she surprised me with him for my birthday. :D Still has a place of honor in my room!

The other was made as a crafty gift suggestion, and it's really cute! It stays on my bed. :)

-----------------------

Now for the required bead crafts...I've made quite a few more of these, including multiple DQ ones that are in the other room, but I'll have to post pictures of them later. These are just the few that are in my room at the moment.

Now, these are are video game...related? They are all in video games! :D

I went on a bit of a pony spree for a bit, and now have multiple headless ponies. It's very sad. But here's my Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Agent Coulson, and Clint Barton ponies.

(Not a great shot of Coulson, sorry.)

-------------------------------

I've got other stuff, but this is what I have at hand at the moment. What do you all do?

90snostalga

Re: Video Game Crafts
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 01:25:44 pm »
Very very cool.  Amazing work  8) :D

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 01:50:58 pm »
Wait.

You made those ponies?

anruiukimi

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 02:47:36 pm »
Very very cool.  Amazing work  8) :D

Thank you! I've been really slacking lately outside of my Etsy orders, I need to get sewing.

Wait.

You made those ponies?

I diiiid :D

You can see better shots of Coulson (and a few of the others) at my DA account: http://anruiukimi.deviantart.com/art/Avengers-MLP-Agent-Coulson-323847764

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 05:36:01 pm »
I do Perler Bead art :D I've done it now for a few months and it's been pretty fun.  I'll post a couple favorites here, but you can find the rest on my Deviant Art ^^

http://kamikazekeeg.deviantart.com/

anruiukimi

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 05:45:14 pm »
Oooo, you do the giant ones! :D Very cool! You have more patience than I, that's for sure. xD

The biggest one I've ever had the patience for was a king slime and a Sailor Moon chibi...I wonder if I can find a picture of it. :D

Do you just iron one side? I'm curious. :)

Edit: Ah, here's an old shot:

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:48:28 pm by anruiukimi »

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 06:03:55 pm »
Oooo, you do the giant ones! :D Very cool! You have more patience than I, that's for sure. xD

The biggest one I've ever had the patience for was a king slime and a Sailor Moon chibi...I wonder if I can find a picture of it. :D

Do you just iron one side? I'm curious. :)

Yep, anywhere from 3 to 4 hours or longer depending on what I'm doing for the big ones lol I love when the big ones are done, but ironing is actually the most annoying part to me as it can be hard to get middle sections to fuse along with the outer edges.  Always annoying.

I use the masking tape method which is you do your beading, put layers of masking tape to hold it all together, puncture every spot with a bead, and then iron the other side to fuse it together.  I personally like the bead side shown to the fused side.  Don't know why, heh.  The masking tape method is great for making sure your peg boards don't get ruined.

My most recently posted one is of the greatest game character of any generation, E.T.!

And my newest one.  Probably gonna do some more of Pac-Man here from his SNES adventure just because there are an absolute ton of different animations for him in it.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 06:18:10 pm by kamikazekeeg »

pacpix

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 06:25:27 pm »
That Pac-Man is nice!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

karyann

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 07:18:08 pm »
Anruiukimi, your ponies are so awesome! Did you make the pattern yourself?

And kamikazekeeg, the Tyrantrum and Leonardo are so crazy!

I started following you both :) I don't know if you're like me (posting in a 1-week-spree once every 2 years), but hey :P

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 07:34:08 pm »

I started following you both :) I don't know if you're like me (posting in a 1-week-spree once every 2 years), but hey :P

I post a couple new pieces every week myself lol Sometimes abit less if I'm working on a really big one which is only every few weeks because the large ones can be rather draining, to the point that if I get tired of that, I'll work on a smaller one to sorta clean the palette before going back to it.

anruiukimi

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 11:35:58 pm »

I heavily altered it from a pattern made for plush deer? xD It was awhile back, and while it's still not perfect, I at least need to get my remaining ponies done. I have a headless Black Widow, a headless Pinkie Pie, a completely cut out Nick Fury, and a headless AND tailless Rainbow Dash.

You are like me on DA, from the sound of it :P

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 08:18:33 pm »
i am starting making pixel art of games in AutoCAD and hiding them in my architectural drawings at work.
first one i have done is Link. he will be getting inserted into my phase 1 drawings tomorrow.

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 08:40:00 pm »
Did more Pac-Man stuff, so here's the full set.  Probably gonna move onto some other sprites now.

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 09:42:22 pm »
Did more Pac-Man stuff, so here's the full set.  Probably gonna move onto some other sprites now.

love them

where do you get the patterns from or do you make them up

pacpix

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 09:55:16 pm »
The rest of those Pac-Man perler beads turned out great!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)