Author Topic: Complete List of PS3 RPGs - Help!  (Read 11446 times)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

Re: Complete List of PS3 RPGs - Help!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 02:32:11 am »
What needs to be asked it, "What makes a game an RPG?"
I know, right?  These days, most video games use some sort of XP system into their respective gameplay.

In my opinion, RPGs definitely require:

• Good storyline
  • Skill system
  • Equipment system
  • Side quests
Optionally, they need:
  • Character customization
  • Morality system/decision impact

Please check out the games I have for sale.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 03:22:29 am »
Yakuza Dead Souls seems to be missing....

argyle

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 07:03:57 am »

I own this one but haven't played it yet, and I've heard it plays pretty differently from the others so that's why I didn't include it.  You would still consider it an RPG tho?  I'll plead ignorance on this one.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 12:03:25 am »

I own this one but haven't played it yet, and I've heard it plays pretty differently from the others so that's why I didn't include it.  You would still consider it an RPG tho?  I'll plead ignorance on this one.  :)

Oh yeah....  I found it VERY much like the main games....  The combat is actually almost identical....  You just basically always have weapons....

argyle

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 07:48:42 am »
Well then onto the list it goes!  Thanks!  :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

scott

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2014, 08:36:52 am »
Yakuza's a RPG? I've never played it so I don't know anything about it. I may need to check it out, for some reason I thought it was a GTA type of game. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 03:17:58 am »
Yakuza's a RPG? I've never played it so I don't know anything about it. I may need to check it out, for some reason I thought it was a GTA type of game. ha

An action RPG yeah....  Combat at a glance really resembles a beat'em up but there are meters to manage for performing special attacks and stat gear to equip and lots of story dialogue....  Its basically a spiritual successor to Shenmue....

argyle

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2014, 11:09:25 am »

An action RPG yeah....  Combat at a glance really resembles a beat'em up but there are meters to manage for performing special attacks and stat gear to equip and lots of story dialogue....  Its basically a spiritual successor to Shenmue....

Yep, and you level up, gain new skills, take on a TON of sidequests.  The fights are even "encounters" that take place in an enclosed area of the street you're on. 

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2014, 07:18:29 pm »

Yep, and you level up, gain new skills, take on a TON of sidequests.  The fights are even "encounters" that take place in an enclosed area of the street you're on.

All this Yakuza talk is making me weep for Kenzan and 5....  Sega doesn't love America....  :(

scott

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2014, 07:40:43 pm »
Ah sweet. On gonna keep an eye out for them then.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread