Author Topic: April 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 32739 times)

argyle

Re: April 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2014, 09:49:40 am »
Pepsi Man has the best cut scenes ever!   :D

Another meh day of yard sales for me, only slightly better than last week - I got a PSX for $4, hookups but no controller.  :P 

Non-game related I got some small frames for cheap - I have a project in mind, if it doesn't work out I'm not out much of anything. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

sin2beta

« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2014, 01:08:00 pm »
21 games for $29. A lot of filler. But for 99 cents as the median price, I'll take it.

CashAmerica 99 cent clearance
NHL 10
NHL 11
Madden 08
Madden 09
Madden 10
ncaa march madness 06
Top Spin 2
2K SPorts All Pro Football 2k8
Colin McCrae Rally 04
Tom Clancy Classic Trilogy
Rainbow Six Vegas
Eragon
Hour of Victory
TimeShift
BulletStorm
Afro Samurai
Chrome Hounds
Conan

Movie Trading Co 3 for 10
Kinect Adventures
LotR Fellowship of the Ring
LotR The Two Towers
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2014, 01:21:28 pm »
Tomorrow I'll be at the Midwest Classic Gaming convention and hope to bring home a lot of goodies.  ;D

Well, I see that you got LSD: Dream Emulator! That game is weird!! I also noticed that you have Pepsi-Man, that game actually looks really fun.

Um... I wish I got LSD, that's why it was added to my wish list. lol

But I did get Pepsi Man, This game is so silly its awesome!!  8)

Ooops, in my feed when it said that you added LSD I assumed that it was your collection, I didn't pay attention to the wish list part!

Veilor

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2014, 01:43:00 pm »
21 games for $29. A lot of filler. But for 99 cents as the median price, I'll take it.

CashAmerica 99 cent clearance
NHL 10
NHL 11
Madden 08
Madden 09
Madden 10
ncaa march madness 06
Top Spin 2
2K SPorts All Pro Football 2k8
Colin McCrae Rally 04
Tom Clancy Classic Trilogy
Rainbow Six Vegas
Eragon
Hour of Victory
TimeShift
BulletStorm
Afro Samurai
Chrome Hounds
Conan

Movie Trading Co 3 for 10
Kinect Adventures
LotR Fellowship of the Ring
LotR The Two Towers

Afro Samurai is an awesome game.

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2014, 02:20:51 pm »
Overall not a bad day for me.  Flea Market wasn't too great, nothing good game wise in particular other than some NES, SNES, and Genesis games for 5 bucks a pop, but it was all kind of common throwaway stuff.  For a buck maybe, but I did buy an NES and Genesis from the same person for about 15 bucks.  Neither have cords, don't need them for the NES, but the Genesis will be lacking for abit.  Also got two strategy guides, Rogue Squadron for the N64 and Wave Race Blue Storm on GC.

Thrift shops were crap, went to at least a half dozen on my big round and found only a Gamecube Controller and Star Wars Battlefront 2 on PC at the very last one before I headed home.

The retro game shop though gave me tons of goodies.  I got a fantastic condition boxed Japanese Ocarina of Time on N64 to add to my collection and with me being able to play Genesis soon once I get cords, I bought...

Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Jungle Strike
Desert Strike
Urban Strike
Vectorman

...All boxed except for Knuckles.  Don't have a ton of needs on the Genesis right now, mostly just Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles Boxed, but I'll have that to play soon.

A mixed trip this weekend, but good overall.  I'll grab some pictures of the Japanese N64 Zelda here soon along with the Genesis haul.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 03:01:58 pm by kamikazekeeg »

argyle

« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2014, 03:52:29 pm »
Oh nice, the mailman just delivered my FFXIV CE (PS4) - 2 days early!  :D  VERY nice set too! 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2014, 03:58:41 pm »
Guh, just my luck, the NES won't stop blinking.  Terrible with the console finds and until I find some cords, I can't tell if the Genesis is bad either lol What's the usual thing to see about cleaning up and possibly fixing an NES? I know about replacing the pin connector, which I might just look at doing.

Kinda cool I thought in the Urban Strike case, is that the original receipt from when the guy bought is there.  Bought it in Feburary 1993 for 50 bucks in New Jersey and it made it all the way down to Southwest Florida lol

Warmsignal

« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2014, 05:02:08 pm »
Should have something really cool coming in the mail. A Saturn gem, and my new "holy grail" in terms of valuable games. In the meantime I also grabbed...

- Witcher 2
- Soul Sacrifice
- Remember Me
- Sleeping Dogs

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2014, 05:39:10 pm »
Guh, just my luck, the NES won't stop blinking.  Terrible with the console finds and until I find some cords, I can't tell if the Genesis is bad either lol What's the usual thing to see about cleaning up and possibly fixing an NES? I know about replacing the pin connector, which I might just look at doing.

Kinda cool I thought in the Urban Strike case, is that the original receipt from when the guy bought is there.  Bought it in Feburary 1993 for 50 bucks in New Jersey and it made it all the way down to Southwest Florida lol

Take 15 min and take the NES apart. Just clean the pin connector and bend the pins back so it holds a tight grip on the cart. It doesn't take long, and I haven't bought a new 72 pin connector yet. I bet I've had 20+ NESs pass through my hands and this hasn't failed me yet.

« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2014, 08:08:59 pm »

Take 15 min and take the NES apart. Just clean the pin connector and bend the pins back so it holds a tight grip on the cart. It doesn't take long, and I haven't bought a new 72 pin connector yet. I bet I've had 20+ NESs pass through my hands and this hasn't failed me yet.

Yeah I'm gonna clean it up totally, I'm just getting one anyways just in case as I had cleaned and older one, but had it not work, so either I'll need it or I won't.  They are pretty cheap anyways.

« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2014, 09:49:02 pm »

Tomorrow I'll be at the Midwest Classic Gaming convention and hope to bring home a lot of goodies.  ;D

didnt realize there was a midwest classic game con :(

argyle

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2014, 10:49:32 pm »
The PSX I grabbed today works great.  It was a little dirty, but I wiped it down with antibacterial wipes & it looks like new now.  Dunno why I need another PSX, but hey, $4.  ;)

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2014, 11:10:26 pm »

Sadly, didn't seem to work at all.  Gave it a nice cleaning and still just blinks.  Very annoying.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2014, 11:21:14 pm »
Did you try bending the pins?  That seems like the key.

theflea

« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2014, 03:25:30 am »
After a long day at the Midwest Gaming Classic and then hitting several Gaming stores in the area here's what I picked up.

PS2
- Wild Arms 5
- Red Ninja
- Grandia II
- Grandia III

SNES
- Xardion
- Frantic Flea
- Cutthroat Island (CIB)
- The Ignition Factor
- Super  Valis IV
- Troddlers
- Mr. Do!
- Mohawk & Headphone Jack
- GunForce
- Chavez
- Mega Man Soccer  ;D (finally I have the complete SNES Mega Man's)

Atari Jaguar
Guy gave me a great deal on the whole lot.
- Theme Park
- Bubsy
- Missile Command 3D
- NBA Jam TE
- Power Drive Rally
- Raiden
- Ultra Vortek
- Wolfenstein 3D
- Super Burnout

And last a NEW RARE CONSOLE!!!  ;D ;D ;D
a PC Engine Super Grafx complete in box and picked up one of the exclusive games that plays on it.
- Battle Aces

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:33:09 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"