Author Topic: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 44148 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: May 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2014, 04:28:52 pm »

I really had little interest in getting Fable III. But I actually found a better deal for Dark Souls in a bundle with Fable III than I could for the game alone. So why not?

So how do you like Fable II so far?

Fable III. But it hasn't arrived yet, I got it on eBay. I'll probably end up using it as trade-bait. I'm not a big fan of the Fable series, it feels like an RPG made for the kiddies to me.

argyle

« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2014, 04:48:32 pm »
Fable feels more like an action/adventure game tho it does have some RPG elements so I guess technically it is one.  At any rate, Fable II was the high point in that series, and it's a good game but not amazing.  Fable III is horrible tho, felt like several steps backwards.  I couldn't bring myself to finish it, I probably quit before the half-way point. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2014, 05:45:06 pm »
Fable feels more like an action/adventure game tho it does have some RPG elements so I guess technically it is one.  At any rate, Fable II was the high point in that series, and it's a good game but not amazing.  Fable III is horrible tho, felt like several steps backwards.  I couldn't bring myself to finish it, I probably quit before the half-way point.

Didn't the developers for Fable 3 go a little crazy with "streamlining" the game compared to Fable 2?

Things like only being able to talk with one npc at a time compared to something like 10-15 in previous games.

Unrelated but I finally grabbed a 3DS and 5 games a week ago from amazon, pretty excited to finally play more Nintendo games.

theflea

« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2014, 08:18:52 pm »
Had a crazy day at garage sales, got up and looked outside and it was SNOWING!
But surprisingly enough people still opened their sales and boy did I find some goodies.
Also a New rare Japanese console came in the mail.

PS3
- Hakuoki - Limited Edition (no this wasn't a garage sale find) lol

PSP
- Metal Slug XX (sealed) online purchase for $10

NDS
- My Weight Loss Coach (Free)
- Hello Kitty Party ($1)
- Phineas and Ferb ($1)
- Cate West: The Vanishing Files ($3)

PS2
- Summer Athletics (sealed $1)
- Major League Baseball 2K10 ($1)
- Rocket Power: Beach Bandets ($2)
- Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius ($2)
- Justice League Heroes ($2)
- DragonBall Z D Budokai 3 ($2)
- Time Crisis 3 complete in box with light gun. ($2)

XB
- Shadow Ops ($1.50)
- Star Wars Battlefront ($1.50)
- Tetris Worlds ($1)
- Counter Strike ($2)
- MotoGP 2 ($2)
- R: Racing Revolution ($2)
- Dukes of Hazzard ($2)
And an accessory when I first saw it i was thinking wth is that?
it's an Intec Wireless AV Selector/Storage Unit the XBOX sits on top and you can store games/memory cards in the drawers and is also a wireless AV selector. Only $5

GBA
- Desert Strike Advance (.50)
- Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (.50)
- Candy Land / Chutes & Ladders / Memory ($1)
- Pokemon Pinball ($1)

PS1 all $1 each
- VR Soccer 96
- Pitfall 3D
- Tomb Raider
- Area 51

A Complete in box Nintendo GameCube Mario Party 7 Bonus Set, yes inner box, Mario Party 7, Microphone and Extra Controller was all included. Came with 6 games and a madcatz card. all for $43.
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Cars
- Fantastic 4
- Army Men: Sarge's War
- Mario Kart: Double Dash
- Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (PC)

A Super Nintendo (yellowed) but has all hookups, 2 controllers and 8 games all for $20.
- FIFA International Soccer
- NHL 95
- Championship Pool
- ESPN Speed World
- Mortal Kombat
- Choplifter II
- Super Mario World
- Donkey Kong Country

And last a new rare Japanese console, a PC Engine with CD-ROM2 in Interface Unit. I was really surprised how small this system was. lol

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 08:51:08 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2014, 10:59:00 pm »
Nice Area 51 pickup. I've been looking for that one for a while.

« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2014, 09:45:48 am »

Blegh. $6 for all, but not a very exciting find for a yard sale morning. At least Splinter Cell and 007 are okay.

...blegh.

« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2014, 03:03:30 pm »

I really had little interest in getting Fable III. But I actually found a better deal for Dark Souls in a bundle with Fable III than I could for the game alone. So why not?

So how do you like Fable II so far?

Fable III. But it hasn't arrived yet, I got it on eBay. I'll probably end up using it as trade-bait. I'm not a big fan of the Fable series, it feels like an RPG made for the kiddies to me.

Yeah, the games hand hold you more and more each game.

spac316

« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2014, 05:48:41 pm »
Bought Super Bomberman for SNES, Bigfoot and Adventures of Bayou Billy for NES!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2014, 06:51:21 pm »

Adventures of Bayou Billy! That was an epic game for it's time. Duck Hunt, Rad Racer, and Double Dragon game styles all in one game!

great pickup!

argyle

« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2014, 07:45:45 pm »
I had a pretty good haul today!  :D  A co-worker told me about a big flea market about an hour's drive away, so since my wife had the day off of work we decided to ride over there.  After the flea market, we hit up the local Gamestops (4 total) and even a Toys R Us for good measure.  I had checked the GS' inventory online & saw that they had quite a few games I had been looking for but couldn't find locally, so I checked those out as well as found some unexpected ones.  Unfortunately some of the ones I really wanted to pickup either were disk only or in bad shape (poor One Piece for the Wii...I wanted to buy you so bad, but with no manual & a scratched-up disk I just couldn't do it  :'( ) - but with the unexpected finds I'd say I came out about even.  Really happy with the pickups of the day.

From TRU, didn't find a lot but I did get a set of Wii U tablet screen protectors / styluses / cleaning cloth on clearance for $3 and a used copy of Lost Planet 3 in like-new condition for $8:
IMG_2856

My Gamestop haul from all 4 stores was the biggest.  Mystery Case Files was one my wife wanted.  Trinity and Shiren were new, but only $10 and $15 respectively (and somewhat difficult to come by in my area).  Dragon Quest Swords and the Metal Slug Anthology were both very nice surprises, especially in the condition they're in (like-new):
IMG_2857

Heavenly Guardian was less than a buck so I figured "why not?", and Valkyria Chronicles II was the only PSP find of the day but it was a *very* nice surprise:
IMG_2858

All of these are cheap (less than $10, most less than $5) DS games that I've been looking for.  Most of them, the store I picked them up from was the only store within 100 miles of me that had them:
IMG_2859

And one GS randomly had some Gamecube games!  :o  Only found one that I wanted, and of course they were all disk only, but they're also 75% off so for $0.90 I really can't complain:
IMG_2860

And now for the flea market, which contains the find of the day.  Only 3 games.  A like-new Crimson Skies - this game is common even around here, but every one I've found until now has been in really bad condition.  This one was excellent, and only $5.  Summoner 2, which checks off another game from my PS2 RPG list, was also excellent & $5.  And Haunting Ground...it didn't have a price on it, but the guy's other games were all $5.  My breath caught when I saw it, and I asked him casually "are all of your games $5?".  At first he says "they're as marked" then he pauses & goes "Is that a PS2 game?"  I told him yes & he replies "yeah, it's $5".  I couldn't pay the man fast enough.  The game is in *excellent* condition - a few VERY light scratches, but nothing worth complaining about.  The only thing really wrong with it at all is it was in a Blockbuster case so the manual has that "wavy" thing going on that all of them do that were shoved in those cases (I'm glad you went out of business BB, can't even make a case that will properly fit your manuals).  But it can probably be flattened, and regardless it isn't damaged otherwise and that really isn't a big deal.  To have the game for $5 instead of the $75 it goes for complete on Ebay - yeah, I'd say I'm good.  :D  I think the only other "major" PS2 survival horror game I'm missing is Rule of Rose.
IMG_2855
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

theflea

« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2014, 08:52:39 pm »
Had a few pick ups today.

Stopped at a local store and they had some bargain bin games for sale brand new dirt cheap.
XB360
- Carrier Command
- Legends of War: Patton

Then stopped at a local Flea Market and found a couple things (shocked) lol
First a NDS game for $5.
- Trauma Center: Under the Knife

Then stopped at a guy who was selling electronics and something caught my eye.
A Nintendo 3DS Aqua Blue, it came with a Super Street Fighter IV for $50.

Stopped at a few garage sales and the only thing I found was a Top Gun Konami LCD game for 50 cents.

And last bought a few items from a local collector.
NES
- Beauty and the Beast (PAL)

and a N64 system Gold Version. with hookups and Controller. 

"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2014, 08:53:18 pm »
My dad got a copy of Myst (DS) at a yard sale out of town today, and put in in my room while I was in the bathroom without telling me, as a way to see how long it would take for me to notice.

The answer is 2 hours.

« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2014, 08:58:10 pm »
Today was sadly a pretty barren wasteland it seemed.  Only one person at the Flea Market had stuff for sale and were just outside of prices I'd pay for, other than one lady who is part reseller, but doesn't really get anything new.  I'm thinking of just going up to her the next time I have cash and just saying I'd buy like 20 of her games if she drops the price from 5 a piece to like 2 a piece since she's not selling them.  All mostly commons, but a good way to increase a collection.

Did buy one of those Zapper Wiimote holders, the two handed rifle one, cause I heard they are better for doing the shooter games cause I'm thinking of getting a few of those like the Resident Evil ones and Dead Space.  Only 4 bucks.

Then in the mail today, with a great trade from Karyann, I got Sonic Sega All-Stars Racing on Xbox 360 which has Banjo-Kazooie :D

The one nifty little thing I got was a cardboard advertisement piece for DK: Tropical Freeze at the Gamestop.  They had the Mario Kart 8 demo and since they were now using the unit to promote Mario Kart 8, they took down the DK advertisement and got this from the guy since they were just gonna toss it.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2014, 10:00:41 pm »
Argyle, great pickup of Metroid Prime Pinball and Trauma Center for Wii. I own both and they are excellent games.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 02:44:30 am by dashv »

spac316

« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2014, 02:23:44 am »

Adventures of Bayou Billy! That was an epic game for it's time. Duck Hunt, Rad Racer, and Double Dragon game styles all in one game!

great pickup!
Yeah, and it's legendary for it's difficulty.